XXIII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Along the line, someone has to break.

In whatever way, anger or sadness.

Something will break.

      "So you're telling me that Honey Vocals was Suyeon's baby daddy??" The group was, in no other words, shocked. 

   "What the does that mean? Kai, come on, you've got to be more detailed than this." 

Kai shook his head, looking exasperated. "I don't know more! That's just what Baek told me after she left!"

    "What? You were there? Why didn't you do anything??" Onew spat, looking angier and angier by the second. Kai held his hands up in defense.

"I had my headphones in, they were getting so loud and I was tucked away in a corner next to Kyungsoo. It wasn't until Baek started to pull Luhan across the table to try and strangle him that I even knew what was going on!" 

    Key huffed, "Oh please. We all know you'd go gay for Kyungsoo and you were probably too self absorbed in trying to find ways to flirt than be helpful to a friend who clearly needed help!" 

Kai glared, "Shut the up, I admire him, I do not want to him." 

   "First step is denial, Kai."

"You are clearly more absorbed with trying to convince me of my uality rather than actually trying to figure out if there's a way we can help Suyeon." Kai spat, and Key was about to make a probably foul worded retort when Taemin came stumbling to the table.

      "Dear god, you look terrible." Minho said. It was true. Taemin had dark eye circles, his hair messily hidden underneath a beanie, and he just looked like he had his heart taken out and smashed against the ground.

"You okay?" Jonghyun asked, eyes locked on his friend as he plopped down in his seat, sighing. Taemin paid little mind to his friend's concern about his well being, addressing the bigger elephant in the room instead.

   "I'm guessing you all know by the look on your faces." The group nodded, murmuring words and Key and Kai glaring at each other.

   Onew was the first to speak up,"Please tell me she's okay."

Another sigh came from Taemin. "Better than she was last night." It didn't make Onew's worry lessen, but it did lessen the immediate concern of his best friend's wellbeing.

   "Do you know what's going to happen now?" Jonghyun asked, "With Suyeon and Luhan, I mean."

"I've got no ing clue." Taemin's voice suddenly had a bite in it, and that made everyone very nervous. He was obviously upset about the whole ordeal as well. 

     "Tae..." Key said gently, reaching out to touch the younger's shoulder. He jerked away, scooting further from the group.

"It's fine. Whatever. She said she'd be okay. She said he wouldn't. So he won't. Right?" The question was more to himself than anything, and before they could ask what he meant, he had picked up his bag and had walked off, still mumbling to himself. 

    "He's not taking this too well." Minho sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

Key snorted, "Of course he's not! The girl he likes just ran back to her baby daddy!" A slam on the table caused the gorup to jump and turn to the source, which happened to be their usually calm leader. 

He looked the exact opposite of calm at the moment. 

   "Onew are you okay?" Kai gulped, seeing Onew's fists clench tightly and his brow furrowing. 

"I should castrate him, now that I know who he is." He bit out, pure malice seeping from his aura. Jonghyun scooted further away from him in fear of his own safety. 

     "What exactly... was so bad about him? I'm not trying to defend him, but none of us know anything about this guy." Kai decided to ask. Onew sighed through his nose, trying to control his rage before speaking.

"He and Suyeon hooked up at a party, and when she found out she got knocked up, she told him. And you know what that did? He left! He left the school, running back to China. Now he has the nerve to come back five years later and act like he's the most innocent thing in the world. Yeah, he's a dead man next time I lay eyes on him."

     "That is kind of a move." Jonghyun muttered, and Onew glared at him.

"Kind of??"

    "Okay, let me rephrase that: He's the biggest bag of and he should choke on himself, that is how much of a he is." 

"Glad we're all on the same page of choking him."

   "Onew I don't think that's a good idea--"

The group spent the last ten minutes of their free time convincing Onew that choking or by any means castrating the Chinese exchange student on school ground would not be a good idea, before heading to class, hoping that Taemin and Suyeon were both surviving the day and that nothing terrible would happen.

   

          "God, that was so irresponsible of me. What am I going to do?" Suyeon was again on the brink of tears, sitting in the bathroom stall as she went over the scene that happened this morning.

   Hyeonwoo had woken up early, and when he went to get mom up, since she wasn't up and drinking that weird black stuff she liked, he found that his mom wasn't alone in her bed. Taemin was there, holding onto her tightly. So he woke Taemin up fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter