0V.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of her son, she forgave.

Because of chance and a push, she let him in.

But it was by her own choice that she fell for him.

                               "You my friend, have seriously screwed up." Onew repeated, causing Taemin to smack his head against the table. He had recounted his late night adventure in detail to his friends, and needless to say, they were all in an uproar. Lee Taemin had screwed up, and this time it wasn't something that could be fixed with a smile and sweet words.

"I know I screwed up. I created a disaster." He moaned, and Key snorted.

        "It's a bit worse than a disaster, Tae. It's more like you caused an apocolypse to happen." The others nodded in agreement. Taemin hissed at his friends, adjusting his hat in disdain.

"Seriously, Taemin, we should just duct tape your mouth because you just don't have a filter." Jonghyun teased, but Key seemed eager to carry out the idea, rummaging around in his bag for tape. Minho stopped the fashionista, mumbling something about child abuse and cruel and unusual punishments, which made Key whine a bit, but he went back to focusing on bashing Taemin's lack of communication skills.

        "Seriously, couldn't you tell when she was getting upset? Learn to read body language, Taemin, you're a dancer for gods sake!" The elder chastised, and Taemin glared at his friends.

"Shut up, I'm gonna fix it." Taemin snapped, and Key scoffed at him. The rest of them just looked at him like he was crazy.

         "How? She's not even going ponder your existence anymore. That is how bad this situation is." Onew insisted. The younger paid no mind, getting tired of hearing how badly he had screwed up and focusing more on how to apologize for the night.

"Just stop, I'm gonna fix it." He repeated, his mind whirring with ideas on how to get her to forgive him. Of course, the scenarios were highly romantisied and were way easier to earn the myterious first year's forgiveness than it would be. 

             "And we'll repeat it, you're not going to be able to." Minho contridicted the younger, earning him a glare. Taemin huffed in annoyance.

The dancer glared at the rest of his friends before continuing. "I'm going to fix it. Can you guys just believe in me for once?" 

       "We did and look where that got you." Key quipped back, quirking an eyebrow. Taemin's forehead made contact with the table again, groaning.

He was determined to fix this, and get the answers her wanted. He knew he could do it. He was Lee Taemin, after all.

 

Kai entered his Calculus class earlier than usual, causing the professor to look at him in curiosity. The dancer paid him no mind, he was on a mission and he was determined for it. Unlike his best friend, Kai actually had people skills. He just couldn't handle children. Plopping down in a seat that most certainly wasn't his own, he waited patiently for his target to arrive.

    Not even five minutes later she came in, heading straight to her seat, only registering that Kai had taken it when she was starting to put her bag down. She sighed, putting a hand on her hip.

"Why?" She asked, allowing him to explain. 

      He didn't waste any time. "Look, I owe you an apology."

Her nose wrinkled. "Why?"

"Because of what happened last night. It was not okay of us to just bage in on you like that--"

      "But you did nothing wrong." Suyeon cut him off, looking at him with tired eyes.

"I kind of did though, I didn't realize--" Kai was once again cut off by Suyeon, who was waving her hand dismissively. 

          "I'm not mad at you, Kai. In fact, I should be thanking you. You did realize the situation. You took the initative and helped both of us out so it didn't progress any further." She stated, going around him and sitting in the seat next to his. No one sat next to her anyways, so the seat arrangement wasn't terribly askew.

"But that's what a decent human being does. If something bad happens, you try and amend what you can on both sides." Kai shrugged. It was how he was raised, he didn't see anything special about it. He just didn't want Suyeon to hate Taemin. Which, it still seemed like she did. 

      She pursed her lips, "Well you don't find many of them."

"Many of what?" Kai blinked, looking at her curiously. She was pulling out her notebook for the class, and he wouldn't repeated himself if she hadn't answered after getting her materials out.

      "Decent human beings."

Kai hummed in thought, letting them sit in a rather comfortable silence before speaking up again. "Hm... There's more than you think, if you'd just give people a chance." 

    "What's that supposed to mean." Her tone was clipped now, and Kai immediately went to explain himself. No need for two people to be on Choi Suyeon's bad side, which was recently discovered to be side that really no one wanted to be on.

"I'm not trying to cross a line here," Kai quickly amended, "I'm just saying I think we're similar in a way. I didn't like many people, I didn't see why people kept nosing around in my business, I just wanted to live my life. So I kept to myself. But one day I let one in and he helped me see that sometimes you don't have to be alone on everything."

    Silence fell over them again, and Suyeon's brow was wrinkled in thought.

"So who was it?" She asked. Her voice wasn't clipped anymore, and had a softer edge to it. Kai smiled.

    "Believe it or not, the idiot you dumped water on yesterday. Lee Taemin. I know you think he's terrible, but he's genuinely curious and has absolutely no filter. You have every right to be angry with him, but please don't hate him." He pleaded, and Suyeon actually chuckled as he finished.

"I don't believe in hate, Kai." Suyeon smiled a bit, tapping her pencil against the desk. Kai let out a small sigh of relief.

      "Well that's nice to know. You're still pissed at him though, right?"

"Oh unbelievably so." 

       "Just checking. He's probably going to try and win your forgivness, just as a warning." Suyeon scoffed lightly at that.

"Forgivness can't be won. But we'll see." She pursed her lips again, turnign her attention to the professor who was starting class, taking her notes dilgently. Kai smiled. He hadn't succeeded in bringing down Suyeon's anger, but she didn't hate Taemin so it was a start. And he had a small triumph in getting just a little closer to the mystery that was Choi Suyeon.


Taemin tapped his foot impatiently, staring at the clock. He had been waiting outside of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter