XV.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's only a slight change when you start falling for someone.

One day you could be best friends and then the next, you see them as something more.

It's crazy, this thing called love, isn't it?

Taemin had stayed the rest of the day at the Chois. Once Onew had come by to drop off Hyeonwoo, he had left with the leader, budding Suyeon a bit of an awkward goodbye and tousling the four year old's hair, causing the usual shriek of "Peasant!" and off the little guy went, probably to get his trains.

    "Thanks again, Suyeon..." Taemin said before closing the door, leaving with Onew, who no doubt had a hundred and one questions for the young man.

"Momma, momma!" Hyeonwoo grinned, running around the apartment with his little train set. Suyeon just smiled at him.

    "What is it baby?" The mom asked, bending down to Hyeonwoo's height.

Hyeonwoo picked his nose while he thought. Suyeon wanted to scold him, but it was the first time he had done it in a while so she'd let it slide. Another time and she'd get onto him about it.

    "Why was Taemin in your bed this morning? Did you guys share a bed instead of making him take the couch?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. Suyeon let out a squeak and stumbled in her kneeling position, her face turning red and having Hyeonwoo look at her with big eyes, wondering what he said. 

"No no no no, honey, that wasn't it at all.... Uhm." Suyeon scrambled to piece her thoughts together. "You know when momma puts you in bed and makes you all nice and comfortable when you're sick?"

A nod from the child.

    "That's what was happening with Taemin, you see. He was sick so momma had to take care of him."

"Because his momma wasn't able to?" Hyeonwoo finished it up by himself, and Suyeon nodded with a tired smile. 

    "That's exactly it, baby. You're so smart, you know that?" With that, Hyeonwoo grinned, wiggling around and then taking off with his train, going back to his little imaginary world. Suyeon shook her head. Usually she wouldn't have reacted like that. So what was changing about her and this little friendship she had with Lee Taemin? 

To be perfectly honest with herself, she was scared to try and find out.


The next day at school was dragging on and on for Taemin. He just wanted to see Suyeon and apologize for what happened the other day. Even though he had already thanked her and apologized a couple of times, he still felt horrible. If Hyeonwoo had woken up and seen... He sighed, shaking the thoughts away. Everything that shouldn't have bothered him always got to him when it came to Suyeon, and he couldn't quite get it. 
Taemin was starting to have a flare up of his little problem named Choi Suyeon, but this time it was something a little bit different. 

    As soon as his professor released his class (which Taemin made note of to finish the essay due on Friday, it really would be terrible for it to be late) he headed straight down the path that was all too familiar to him. There he was again, waiting outside for one person, and everyone knew who it was at this point.

He couldn't bring himself to care. Let them think what they want. His relationship with Suyeon was his and his alone, not something that needed to be questioned. As long as everything was fine between him and Suyeon, he'd be pleased.

... Wait. 

Taemin blinked a couple of times, reviewing his thoughts in his head. His relationship with Suyeon? Where did that come from? His friendship with Suyeon. He slapped himself lightly, trying to place where that would've come from. Whatever was going on in his brain that made him think such things needed to reconfigure itself. 

    "...Min? Taemin?" Suyeon's voice snapped him out of it. He cursed in his head when he immediately registered it as hers.

'Come on, Taemin. Pull yourself together.' He thought, putting on a smile and giving his full attention to the petite girl in front of him.

    "You should be resting." Suyeon pursed her lips. Taemin his own, his mouth suddenly feeling rather dry looking at the face she was making.

"I feel a lot better, thanks to you. A-and sleep!" He tripped over his words, addin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter