XXXIII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

It also helps those develop ideas.

Some good, some bad. It all depends. 

    With finals finally upon them, Suyeon and Taemin didn't see a lot of each other. Their relationship was still going on strong though, pleasing everyone around them. Taemin did officially start working at the dance studio with Yixing, and eventually brought in Kai as a part time instructor. The boss was more than pleased since more people started coming in, even if to ogle at the way the dance instructors moved.

Suyeon still diligently worked at the diner, with Key babysitting Hyeonwoo more, all parties were contented. Well, excluding one little detail on Key's part.
        "Why does Onew always have to be around when I have Hyeonwoo!" He whined into the phone. Suyeon sighed, piling on a table's order as she spoke to the irritated fashionista. 

"Because I asked him to? Don't act like you don't appreciate the other person being there." She tried to reason, "Look, Key, can we talk about this later? I am on the clock you know."

   "Right right! Sorry, have a good time at work!" Key quickly relented and hung up, not wanting to have Suyeon get in trouble for talking  leisurely while doing her job. Amber was a chill manager during the night shift, but during the day and there were customers besides their friends she was more strict on the girls. Which made all the sense in the world to the others. 

"Suyeon! Table 12's order?" Amber called, eyeing her. Suyeon nodded, picking up the tray and hurrying over. It was lunch rush, and Suyeon buckled down to be busy for the next hour and a half.

     She wasn't wrong about having it be busy during rush hour. People filed in, asked for specific orders: gluten free, vegetarian, lactose free, anything to make her (and Krystal's) life a little more difficult. It wasn't the easiest rush they've had, but once the last group left, happily full and leaving a handsome tip, all the workers slumped over in their chairs, happy to finally have an empty diner, if even for ten minutes.

"Thank guys for working hard! You all did really well." Amber smiled, filing away the receipts of the hour neatly. The girls nodded, stretching their backs and leaning back in the chairs, sighing as their muscles relaxed.

    The bell rang much too soon for their liking, and Suyeon motioned for Seulgi and Irene to take it easy as she got up to take the new customer. 

"Hi, welcome! How may I--" She was cut off by a mouth on hers, and she immediately knew who it was. She shoved Taemin off, glaring.

    "Taemin, you can't do that while I'm on the clock." She insisted, making him laugh lightly.

"I can't kiss my girlfriend?" He teased, only to be smacked in the shoulder. "I know I know, I just saw it was empty and decided to drop by. You don't mind, right?"

       Suyeon actually didn't mind at all, but it was still daytime and customers could come by any minute. "Yes, I'm on the clock. You're distracting."

"Good to hear that you find me so," Taemin grinned, "But Amber doesn't care, and we haven't spent a lot of time together because of finals and work."

    "Amber does care." Suyeon insisted. But of course Amber had to pass by at that exact moment and cut her off.

"No she doesn't, feel free to distract her as much as you want." 

      Suyeon glared over. "You're a terrible manager and friend, Amber."

"Am I though?" The blonde asked playfully, smiling widely.

   Suyeon looked at her fellow waitresses for help. "Seulllgi!" She whined a little, making the girl raise an eyebrow.

"Nevermind. Ireeene!" She looked over at the blonde, who looked up.

   "Yes?"

"Tell Taemin to go away, he won't listen to me." She ordered, pointing at her boyfriend, who was still wearing that dumb grin he got when he thought she was being cute.

"And not be able to watch the Taeyeon ship at its finest? Not a chance." Irene said, getting a high five from both the manager and other waitress. 

      "You are all terrible people who hate me." Suyeon huffed, and the diner's staff just laughed.

"You're too cute." Taemin said, stealing another kiss from the now red faced Suyeon. She shoved him off a little, keeping him at a distance so he couldn't kiss her again.

      "You. Especially you." She glared at him, causing him to pout and whine about how he just liked her a lot and she should like him back.

Amber checked the clock. "Hey Taemin, don't you have somewhere to be?"

     Taemin immediately stopped and checked. "Oh! Yeah, class starts soon, thanks Amber!" He nodded, turning on his heel and starting to head out.

"Oh, I'll pick up Hyeonwoo from the apartment and bring him here when your shift ends, okay?" Taemin added to Suyeon. She pursed her lips.

     "I guess I'll keep you." She sighed, pretending like she didn't have a choice in the matter. He just grinned at her.

"I was hoping you'd say that."


Once the class had ended, the sun had set and it was time to get Hyeonwoo from his apartment. Taemin's muscles felt sore and overused, but he was more than pleased. The routine he had been teaching the class was extremely difficult, but the class was quick on getting it. It was a great feeling to be able to get your students to understand a routine and then perform it so well. He was impressed.

    He whistled as he opened the door to the apartment, to see Hyeonwoo sitting on the floor with his dinosaurs and Onew and Key quietly discussing something in the living room. By the way Key's eyebrow twitched and his upper lip furled and Onew's overly calm demeanor, it was probably an argument.
"Daddy!" Hyeonwoo noticed him first, immediately hugging his legs. Taemin ruffled his hair as Key and Onew stood up.

     "So glad of you to join us, Daddy." Key emphasized, causing Taemin to flinch. Oh yeah, Key was definitely mad.

"What happened?" Taemin decided to ask. He started to regret it, see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter