XIII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something changed.

It was small, barely there...

But she started to see him a little bit different.

As a twenty two year old, he shouldn't be so giddy. But here he was, practically vibrating in his spot as he waited for Suyeon to come out of her Calc class. Taemin could admit that he was probably a little more excited at the fact that Suyeon was once again talking to him, but he wasn't ready to quite admit anything to that scale. After all, it was still pretty early. He couldn't say that these little bubbly feelings weren't just the beginnings of a really good friendship. It's more frequent than people realize, he thought to himself, glancing at the clock. Any minute now, she'd be done.

      Right on cue, Suyeon came out, wrapped up in a heavy woolen jacket. Fall was here and it was getting cold, reminding them that winter was creeping up on them as well. Taemin zipped up his own jacket, smiling brightly at her.

"Hey." She greeted, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. 

       Taemin straightened himself, stretching his legs, "Hey yourself. You ready?"

A small nod accompanied by a "yes" was all he needed before he charged down the hallway, forcing Suyeon to struggle to keep up with his longs legs. She managed a small smile in her attempt to keep up with him. 

     "I think you're more excited than Hyeonwoo is." She teased, brushing her bangs to the side. They were getting long, in her opinion. She'd have to cut them soon. 
     Taemin just grinned down at her, "Oh? Does he know I'm coming?"

She shook her head, "No, but," she paused, checking her phone for the time before continuing, "He is excited for the park. He'll probably be estatic to see his friend Taemin."

     "Oh?" Taemin raised an eyebrow, "Am I not mom's friend too?" Suyeon just rolled her eyes, nudging him lightly with her shoulder as they entered the daycare center, heading straight for Hyeonwoo's class. The little four year old was there, bouncing around with those plastic dinosuars, Granny Byun cleaning the board with her back facing to them. 

    "Hyeonwoo~" Suyeon cooed, gaining both people's attention. Granny Byun smiled at the sight of Taemin and Suyeon together, walking over as Hyeonwoo squealed, rushing over. He skidded to a halt in front of the two, looking between them in confusion.

"What's wrong baby?" Suyeon asked, squatting down. Hyeonwoo pursed his lips, almost into a pout. "Who do I hug first?"

      Taemin almost burst out into a fit of laughter, but seeing Suyeon glare at him before turning back to her son made him attempt to cover it off when a cough. A very, very poor attempt, but there was some effort in there nonetheless. 

"Well, how about the one who gave birth to you is always first?" Suyeon smiled. Hyeonwoo looked over at Taemin with big eyes.

    "What's giving birth mean?" Taemin choked on air, coughing for real this time. This kid did not just ask that. He did not.

"Well, honey..." Taemin swallowed loudly. Suyeon was not about to explain what that meant right now. She couldn't, please don't do this to the precious innocent four year old. And by four year old, he meant himself.

     "That means that I am your mother and I will always win over Taemin." She stated, smiling brightly and opening up her arms for him to cuddle up to her. The little kid didn't hesitate to do so. Taemin patiently awaited his hug, and Granny Byun took this opportunity to speak.

     "How odd that both of you are here at the same time." She teased, causing Taemin to pinken. "Usually Suyeon comes by to pick little Hyeonwoo up and then Taemin stops by every so often and we have a lovely chat over tea." 
Suyeon just bither lip, trying to contain her giggles as Taemin shushed Granny Byun as politely as he could, saying that Suyeon didn't need to know the details of what goes on during these tea times, and eventually Granny Byun relented, pinching Taemin's already red cheek before continuing her conversation.

"It's good to see our kindred spirits getting along well. I hope and wish for nothing but a bright, blessed relationship for you in the upcoming new year." She nodded.

     "Of course, thank you Granny Byun." Suyeon bowed, hoisting up Hyeonwoo on her hip as she talked. Taemin bowed as well, adjusting the scarf on his neck. It had gotten squished into the neck of his jacket while putting on his backpack earlier and getting tackle hugged by the small child. Granny Byun just waved them off, smiling.

"Anytime, you two. Now button up your coats, keep warm, it's getting colder as the days wear on, it seems." All three chorused a soft, "Yes ma'am!" before saying their goodbyes and leaving, going straight to the park.

     "So Taemin's coming with us to the park now, Momma?" Hyeonwoo asked, squishing his mother's cheeks. Suyeon puffed them out, making Hyeonwoo giggle. "Yes, baby. I thought it'd be a nice surprise since he hasn't come around lately."

"It's been forever! Taemin don't leave us again!" Hyeonwoo demanded, puffing out his cheeks. Taemin still thought to how similar the two were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter