VII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Through curiosity he came to search for her.

Through patience he came to know her.

He was throughly prepared and willing to fall for her.

      
          To say that Choi Suyeon was embarrassed was an absolute understatement. She was positively mortified. Not only had she gotten sick worrying over something as trivial as talking to someone (well, the sick was mostly aided by that Thai food. She swore to never recommend it, even to her worst enemies.) but she had even gotten sick at his mere presence in her house. She hit her head against her desk. Her actions earned an amused chuckle by the male before her. She raise her head up a centimeter to glare.

"Shut up, Jinki." She dropped her head down to the desk again, and having Onew pat her head affectionately, trying not to muss her bun. She groaned again.

      "I didn't say anything. Class is over, we should get going." He nudged her. She sighed, reluctantly bringing her body back up, gathering her things. She needed to pull herself together, today was Hyeonwoo's day with his 'scared uncle' because of her work. She couldn't send her baby off with Jinki if she was in a bad mood. Then Hyeonwoo would refuse to leave until his mom was happy and she couldn't afford to trouble Jinki or her boss. 

As Onew gripped her elbow and led her down a hallway, taking advantage of her current dazed state. It's been three days and not only has she been acting like this, but Taemin as well. He scoffed inwardly, turning a corner. Young people needed to get their act together. 

     "Uh, Jin? Where are we going?" Suyeon piped up.

Onew barely glanced back at her as he tightened his grip on her elbow. "To see someone that you've been avoiding."

"I'm not avoiding him," Suyeon defended, "I hardly see him anyways, he's a year ahead of me."

      "I never said who it was, and you already start defending yourself." Onew teased, pulling her down one more hallway.

Suyeon gulped and hurried insisted, "I have to pick up Hyeonwoo, get his things before he has to go with you!"

        A click of his tongue was the opening to his response, "Lies. I've already talked to Granny Byun. He'll be taken care of until I pick him up today."

Suyeon gaped at him for a moment, closing and pulling on her arm. "Let me go. I don't even want to talk to him. He's--"

    "Incredibly apologetic for what he said the other night, and wanted to apologize. You wanted to forgive him. Why not do it now?"

Suyeon made a face.

      "Remember, Suyeon, you can't really lie to me. Haven't been able to do that since high school." Onew reminded her, and Suyeon snorted. 

"Couldn't really do it after getting pregnant." She stated simply, tugging on her arm once again. Her friend's grip only tightened and another sigh left him. 

      "Seriously, it's not that hard to talk to someone. At least say you forgive him if nothing else."

Suyeon mumbled something under her breath. Onew paused and turned to her. "What was that?"

       Another small mumble, but he could catch the words 'him' and 'disgusting'.

"Once more with feeling, Suyeon." Onew teased, although a hint of warning was in his tone. He was Suyeon's friend, but Taemin was as well and he wasn't going to tell someone bad mouth the kid. He was ignorant, not disgusting. He could learn, if someone could have the patience to guide him.

     "Ipukedinfrontofhimthat'sdisgusting." Suyeon rushed, her cheeks becoming a dark shade of pink. Onew blinked, and snorted. 

"That's why? Seriously? He thinks you despise him for being in your house."

      "That too! How'd he get in anyways??" Suyeon blurted, trying to use any excuse to not see Lee Taemin. 

Onew shook his head, "I let him in, seeing as I was the only lucid adult at the time." 

        Suyeon continued to protest weakly, knowing that she should just forgive Taemin and then go about her life without any other disturbances from the boy in question. As she did though, she didn't realize that she was being led to the same dance room where their chance meeting had occurred. The heavy bass registered in her mind a moment too late though, and she was forcibly pushed through the room.

"I'll see you tomorrow, don't worry about Hyeonwoo and please be on good terms with Taemin before you go to work~" Onew sang as he hurried off, leaving Suyeon about to curse him a hundred times over.


    Kai glanced over at the disshevled Suyeon being shoved in by Onew, and knew that as his cue to leave. He may or may not have conspired with Onew for this. Taemin and Suyeon obviously had a lot of issues to work through, and they wanted to get it out of the way.
At least not have one constantly moping and the other about to go into a panic attack at any moment would be really, really nice.

"I'm gonna head out, Taemin." He called, knowing very well that Taemin wouldn't hear him, seeing him in the zone with the pounding dubstep in the background. Suyeon was wincing, plugging her ears at the volume. He adjusted his bag on his back as he jogged over.  

     "Play nice. Onew and I want this sorted out so you guys can finally relax. Also, we're kinda tired of hearing about the situation after 72 straight hours." Kai patted her shoulder comfortingly, smiling in slight sympathy as Suyeon continued to cringe over the bass in the music. He left with a final wave, slipping through the door and slamming it rather loudly. He was aiming to get Taemin's attention over to the general area where Suyeon is, but to his disappointment, the noise wasn't heard over the volume.

But to Kai's delight (and his amusement), Suyeon seemed to have little patience for the loud volume and being ignored and standing awkwardly in the corner, not being able to leave. She march

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter