XXIX.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love sort of sneaks up on you.

You never quite know when something like it will come to you.

You just need to let it.

                  "Wait, what?" Taemin blinked across the table at Suyeon. She looked uncomfortable. Taemin felt uncomfortable with what she just said.
 "...I asked if we could not do PDA in public?" She bit her lip. 

Taemin scrunched his brows together, "But what's wrong with that? PDA isn't gross unless you're making out on top of each other."

"I just..." She trailed off, trying to think of a way to say it, "I just don't want people to harrass us." 

     "Suyeon, seriously? No one's bothered us."

"Maybe not you, but I've been getting glares this entire week, not to mention a few comments on how easy I am. You know I can't handle a lot of attention. You need to trust me, it's just temporary. As soon as they settle down, we'll go back to normal."

    Taemin wasn't happy about this news of Suyeon being harrassed, even if it was minor at this point. He sighed, but he did trust her. That doesn't mean he wasn't going to try his own tactic as well.

    "So does that mean I get twice the amount of kisses after school?" He grinned, leaning towards her. Her face flushed and she swatted him away. 

"Taemin!" Suyeon hissed, trying to hide her blushing face. He just laughed.

     "I trust you." His voice softened. He meant it. She smiled a little. "I trust you too."

So began their little escapades of their friends teasing them while they held hands under the tables at lunch and on their way to pick up Hyeonwoo. The occasional steal of a kiss (usually by Taemin) in empty hallways and around the corner form the cafeteria so that no one could see them. Taemin made sure to follow all of Suyeon's requests. She did well on her part by kissing him more openly behind more closed doors, snuggling up to him in the couch and gripping his hand tightly when she could. 

One day Taemin had to stay behind and finish up some assignments due within the week, so he skipped out on lunch. Suyeon figured it was a good day to join Baekhyun and review some music theory concepts she had been confused on last week. Finals were a couple weeks away, so studying ahead couldn't hurt anyone. 

      "Can I sit here?" Of course there couldn't be one dull moment in Suyeon's life now. She looked up, seeing the same doe eyes that her son had.

Luhan. He looked really nervous, like she'd snap at him if he did anything. And she very well could if he did.

"There's no one there so I don't see why not." Her confidence surprised not only Baekhyun and Luhan, but herself. She pursed her lips as he sat down, his eyes wider as he just stared at her.

     "You sure, Suyeon?" Baekhyun murmured to her, eyeing Luhan as the latter squirmed. Suyeon nodded. "Yeah."

They sat in silence for a few minutes, she and Baekhyun went back to reviewing the old notes and let Luhan shift around some more, opening and close his mouth a couple of times. 

    "So about the last time we talked..." Luhan finally got out, and Suyeon paused to quirk an eyebrow at him. 

"You mean where I screamed my head off at you?" She asked, and Luhan flushed a little.

       "Y-yeah."

Suyeon sighed, messing with her bangs a bit before speaking. "I won't apologize for what I said, but the way I went about it wasn't the best way. That I am sorry for."

"I deserved it though. I was being sort of... I was being pretentious." Luhan admitted, hanging his head a little. He looked so much like Hyeonwoo when he did that.

     "Yeah just a bit." She snorted, getting a small laugh out of Baekhyun at how terrible awkward this whole conversation was being. 

"So did Key manage to get your number?" Suyeon asked suddenly, looking at Luhan with a sort of interest. 

     The man sputtered. "W-what??" 

She pursed her lips, "Guess not. Hm, interesting." She turned her attention to the other male beside her, "Hey Baek, I guess we both lost. What do we do?"

"I guess we just go out for coffee later." Baekhyun shrugged, a wide smile stretched across his face. She smiled back.

      "Sounds good." She couldn't help a giggle that past through her lips, and soon both of them laughed, leaving the doe eyed man across from them hopelessly confused and trying to make sense of the scene in front of him. 

"So is he the guy?" Luhan blurted, successfully gaining the attention of the other two once again. 

      "Excuse me?" Suyeon asked, not quite understanding him.

"Is he the guy that's been his father more than I would have been?" Luhan asked.

    She glanced over at Baekhyun, "Baek? No, he's just the music man to Hyeonwoo."

Baekhyun dramatically placed a hand over his heart, grimacing, " Ouch. I would've thought I would be promoted to uncle by now." 
 
 She shrugged, a small smile on her face. "You'll have to ask him, I'm not the one in charge. Luhan, why do you ask?" She turned back to him.

        "I've been curious." Luhan said, biting his lip.
 
"Meaning?" She quirked an eyebrow again.


   He scrambled for words again. "Not what you think, I swear. I just... I'm curious. I want to thank him." 

Suyeon scrunched her brow in confusion. "Why?" She asked. 

    "Because he was there for you when I was too cowardly to. I thought I was too young to be a father and I never once considered how it would affect you." Luhan mumbled, the tips of his ears turning red. Suyeon blinked. Part of her was genuinely surprised and thankful for him admitting that he had done her wrong, the other part of her hissed vehemently at him for taking so long. 

She sighed. He did gather up his cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter