IX.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, people were meant to find each other.

Time, space, or circumstance.

The red string of fate will keep them together.

Over the next few days, things seemed to stabilize within the college. The only thing that changed was the short conversation and question game that Choi Suyeon and Lee Taemin would randomly have. Neither of them seriously searched the other out, only when they thought of a good question would they attempt that, and it was seldom done. 

Today was one of those days.

"Were you on honor roll in high school?" Taemin asked as Suyeon came out of her Biology class. She jumped a bit, looking over at him with wide eyes. 

     "Yes. Were you?" She blinked, walking to down the hallway. He fell in easy steps with her, shrugging. "My last year I was, I kicked my own to afford my way into this school." She nodded, turning to him.

"That it?"

   "For now, yeah." He nodded, waving and heading back towards his own class. She waved back, continuing on her own way. It never lasted longer than it needed to, and would often happen randomly in between classes or even in the lunch room.

    "How are classes?" She once asked when she saw him in passing, he shrugged. "Good." 

Taemin was waiting outside of Calculus for Kai for a dance rehearsal, pausing Suyeon for a minute along the way. "Is Hyeonwoo always comfortable around strangers?"

    "Sometimes. For only being four, he's a pretty good judge of character. He gets fussy around people he thinks are mean. He tries to make ones he likes..." She trailed off, embarrassed to admit her son's habit.

"His peasants, I'm guessing?" Taemin grinned, and she nodded, an embarrassed smile gracing her face. "Yeah." And with that, she left to pick up Hyeonwoo, and Taemin went to rehearsal with Kai. It was a comfortable routine for them both. 

    Once he was walking out of the cafeteria, sipping on banana milk, meeting with Suyeon as he turned the corner. "But seriously, why do you like banana milk so much?" She had asked.

He swallowed before answering, "It's just always been a calming thing for me. Plus it's delicious, why wouldn't I like it?" And he continued on his way after Suyeon nodded, humming to herself as she checked her phone.

There were times where he'd stop by the diner, too. He hardly did it as often as one would've thought, but he did go by often enough so that Amber and Seulgi figured out that Suyeon and Taemin were at least aquaintances. 

   "Let us know the wedding date, Suyeon." Suelgi had teased, and the young mother swatted her. "Don't even joke." She shot right back, laughing good naturedly. 

"I haven't ed up yet!" Taemin would proudly announce after school in the dance studio. Kai had rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and don't ruin it." 


The recent development in Suyeon's relationship with Taemin pushed SHINee's leader to be more open about his own with the mysterious girl.     "Basics: Suyeon's like my little sister. You hurt her, I will end any one of you. No exceptions. I go to her and babysit Hyeonwoo a lot so she's not as stressed when she has to run around and do a million other things to keep her apartment and go to school and send him to school."

"So can I meet her kid at some point?" Key had insisted. He wasn't even interested in the whole 'how did she get her kid' ordeal. Kim Kibum just loved children, and now that two of his friends had access to one in some way, shape and form he wanted to have the kid.

    "Oh hell no. She can barely handle Tae on some days." Onew immediately vetoed the fashionista's request. The elder pouted, protesting to himself as he fiddled with his food. 

"What's that supposed to mean Onew?" Taemin scoffed, glaring at his leader. 

Onew rolled his eyes. "It means two things: Suyeon has major social anxiety, she doesn't do people well, and two: when you actually spend more than five seconds with her, you're ing clingy." 
Taemin looked annoyed as the lunch table laughed at his expense. "I am not." He insisted, messing with one of his bracelets. A snort came form their leader.

   "You sure about that?"

Minho coughed twice, gaining the table's attention. "Might want to look right in front of the table." He not so subtlely coughed, looking pointedly behind Taemin. They all turned, surprised to see the very subject of their lunch conversation. 
Choi Suyeon was standing before them, looking very nervous and very uncomfortable with all eyes on her. 

   "Jin..." She mumbled, "Can I sit here?" 

"What are you doing here Suyeon? Didn't I tell you my friends are terrible people?" Onew asked, curious. Suyeon's cheeks pinked. 

   She bit her bottom lip, "Well... I usually eat in the empty classroom, but the teacher came in and forced me to come here. And you and Taemin talk about them, so I'm guessing they aren't that bad...?" She seemed reluctant to come any closer, but Onew couldn't blame her for comin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter