XXVII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you can't speak your emotions, you sing.

When you can't sing your emotions, you dance.

When you can't do any of that, you just act on what you feel.

          Today was the very anticipated day for the group of friends. The end of the year dance show was actually a pretty big deal around campus, especially since Taemin and Kai were the top dancers, it gathered a lot of attention. Suyeon's hands shook as she brushed her hair out before leaving with Hyeonwoo. If someone were to ask her if she was nervous, she'd immediately deny it and say it was excitement to finally see her friends perform. If she was being honest with herself, she was absolutely terrified. Why was she terrified?

She was terrified because she didn't know what would come after this. Suyeon had heard stories and been there as the boys teased Taemin, saying his dancing was fantastic and could make anyone fall for him if he wanted it to. While Taemin had insisted that it was simply an overexaggeration of his skills, Suyeon had this feeling that this show could be a tipping point for her. After all, she's been holding back for a while now. She knew he's been holding back for even longer. 

     Hyeonwoo toddled into the auditorium, squealing as he saw Onew for the first time in a few weeks. Taemin had been so insistent on taking care of him, Onew had been free of the Chois for a while, and not by his choice. He grinned as the five year old clung to his lef, his coloring books falling to the floor. Suyeon hurried over, apologizing to people as she passed by.

"Suyeon??" Jonghyun asked, giving her a once over. Suyeon felt her face flush.

   "Y-yeah."

"Your hair..." Onew started, his mouth agape. Baekhyun immediately piped up, "It looks good, right?"

      "Yeah!" "It does look nice." "It looks good!" Came the response from the people who hadn't seen Suyeon's new look yet, and she smiled a little.

"Does Taemin know?" Jonghyun asked, cocking an eyebrow. 

    "No." Suyeon shook her head, taking her seat and settling Hyeonwoo in his own, letting his scribble away in his coloring books.

"Oh man, this'll be good." Minho laughed. Suyeon covered her cheeks, attempting to glare.

   "I really wish my child wasn't hear so I could properly put you in all of your places."

"Damn, she's got a bite." Minho whistled, and Suyeon snapped her head towards him.

      "How many times do I have to tell you, do not curse while Hyeonwoo is present!" She hissed, narrowing her eyes at the group of men. Hyeonwoo looked up at his name, blinking.

"What, momma?" He asked, his wide eyes looking up at her. Suyeon looked down and sighed as she sat down, patting his head.

    "Nothing, baby." She said, and he went back to his coloring and she pulled out her phone, clicking someone's name and texting them.

New Message to: Taemin
   Hyeonwoo and I are here, ready to cheer you on! I'm sure you'll do fantastically.

A muffled screech left Taemin's mouth backstage as he checked his phone once more before warming up. "She's here!"

    "Well duh. She said she would be." Kai rolled his eyes. Another strangled noise came from his friend's mouth.

"Are you okay there?" He asked, only to have Taemin react with another strange noise. He sighed. "Please let this work or I will end myself because you are a mess over this girl."

Taemin righted himself, starting to stretch. "Shut up, stretch and let's go."

    "Okay, let's go." Kai smiled, following the warm up with Taemin.
 

The show was finally about to start, and once the lights dimmed, Kai and Taemin went out on stage and into their starting positions. Suyeon in a breath. All she wanted was to get through this without it completely wrecking her nerves. The starting bass and brass thudded through the speakers, and she heard a few screams as the lights came up. Key was sitting next to her, and he leaned over.

    "Did I mention there's fangirls? Oh, and they--" He was cut off by Taemin opening his mouth and singing. "Nevermind." He giggled to himself, watching Suyeon's jaw drop a little. The two moved in perfect sync, sharp, quick and.... hot. Yes, even Suyeon could admit that both Kai and Taemin looked really, really attractive up on stage performing.

Once the piece ended and they rushed off stage, Suyeon grabbed the program from a now fully cackling Key, seeing that the piece just preformed was called 'Pretty Boy'. She let out a sigh. Of course, a fitting name for it, and they did spell out pretty boy in the song. She looked through the rest of the set list, finding Kai had a solo called 'Deep Breath' coming up, and towards the end Taemin had his own solo called 'Ace'. She handed the piece of paper back to Key, turning her attention to a trio that called themselves 'TTS', who were very pretty and fairly good. 

      Kai's dance was a ballet, dark but beautiful. Suyeon was mesmerized, seeing the graceful, lithe movements that Kai was capable of creating on the stage. Once it ended, Baekhyun leaned over.

   "Ten bucks he wanted to impress Kyungsoo." 

Suyeon tilted her head, "Who?" 

    "Oh, his favorite person ever. He's been trying to get him to love him for years." Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter