XXXVI.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There comes a time where everything must be bared.

Someone, somewhere, will know your whole story.

The good, the bad, and the things only they will ever know.

The week passed by relatively quickly, with Taemin and Suyeon struggling to put a fussy Hyeonwoo in the back of the car later in the evening than they had planned to leave to head back to their small little college town.

    "No! Lemme stay!" Hyeonwoo whined, his eyes getting big and watery. Mrs. Lee, however, was having none of that from her 'grandson'. 

"You need to go home with mommy and... daddy now." She emphasized the word, making Suyeon blush, "You can come back and visit again soon, okay?" Hyeonwoo remained quietly fussy, his bottom lip jutting out in defiance. If Suyeon and Mrs. Lee hadn't been their to put their feet down, Taemin probably would've let the tike stay around for longer. Eyeing the sun setting on the drive back, and Hyeonwoo dozing off in his carseat on the way back, and he knew that Suyeon was right. Then again, when hadn't she been? At least since he met her, she hasn't been wrong yet.

    The ride was mostly silent, but a certain type of tension was held over them, coming from Suyeon. Taemin spent most of his time trying to figure out what was going through his girlfriend's mind as she gripped the steering wheel tightly, her knuckles even turning white when she made turns. She was nervous, and it wasn't about driving. Taemin's mind started racing to find the source of her nerves. The trips to meet their parents seemed to go smoothly, he knew she got his parents' approval, and he knew that he had her parents' approval. It wasn't about Hyeonwoo being fussy, or anything school related. What if...? He thought, his brow furrowing.

What if she's wondering where to go from here? What if this feels like a dead end to her?

      "You're going to get wrinkles at an early age if you keep doing that." Suyeon's voice shocked him out of his internal panic, and he blinked over at her. She managed a small smile. It was tight around the corners, and he could see the apprehension in her eyes. He knew she was nervous now, and it scared him.

"We're almost back, just ten more minutes, I think." She said, and Taemin nodded, checking Hyeonwoo in the back. Still out, although he was sure that he'd be fussy if he was woken up when being transported from the car to his bed. 

    Luck seemed to be on their side with Hyeonwoo, finding him less fussy and more confused and glassy eyed. After explaining to him that Jonghyun is not a dinosaur (well, Taemin tried to vouch for it, but Suyeon gave him a look that shut him up fast), they were able to put the boy back down to sleep again. Taemins tood awkwardly in the living room, while Suyeon stood in Hyeonwoo's bedroom door, looking at him. She looked like she really wanted to say something, but she couldn't quite figure out the words to say it. Checking the time, Taemin cleared his throat.

"I... should go, it's late and--"

      "Taemin..." The way she said his name made his stomach lurch. He didn't like this feeling.

He managed to swallow his anxiety to reply with a weak, "Yeah?"

    "We should talk." She made her way over to the couch, sitting down and motioning him to come over. His mind and heart were racing, and his stomach was probably up in his throat, threatening to fall out through his mouth if he opened to speak.

Luckily, when he did open his mouth, word vomit only spewed forth. "Oh my god Suyeon please don't break up with me."

    Suyeon blinked at him for a minute, before shaking her head, "Taemin, I'm being serious."

"So am I." He leaned forward as he sat next to her, "I do not want to break up with you. Whatever I did or didn't do, we can work it out, I promise I just--"

    "Taemin!" Her voice finally raised, annoyance clear in her tone, "This isn't about that. Please just be quiet for a minute while I figure out what to say."

Taemin closed his mouth and nodded mutely, and Suyeon reached out a hand to intertwine with his. She was shaking, and although the physical contact confirmed that this talk was not about potentially breaking up, he could tell that this wasn't exactly something she wanted to tell him.

   "...It's time for you to know what happened." She said quietly after a few minutes. The shaking got worse, "How I got Hyeonwoo."

"Suyeon I don't have to know." Taemin assured, even though he was curious. He knew that she wasn't exactly fond of talking about how Hyeonwoo came to be, or of his biological father, so it wasn't something he pressed. He just wanted her to be comfortable. 

    A sigh came from her. "I know you don't, but I want you to."

"You sure?" Taemin asked, wanting her fully be okay with this. If it wasn't somethign she really wanted to do, he didn't want her to force her to do it.

       "Yes." It was after a pause, but Suyeon sounded more sure of herself. He nodded.

"Okay. If you want to stop, tell me. I don't mind. You trusting me enough to want to tell me... Is actually really something to be proud of, okay?" Taemin reminded her, earning a small smile and a squeeze of the hand from her.

    "I will."

Back to first year of high school, Suyeon.

    It was the year where people sort of either hit puberty terribly, or really well. Choi Suyeon had been blessed to hit it well, and was very proud of her new body and self confidence. Boys stared in awe, and girls stared in jealousy. She never violated the dress code, due to her best friend Jinki being on student board, but she wore the un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter