XXVIII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hesitation doesn't mean there's a problem.

It just means that there's a fear.

Fears can be resolved if you have the right people to help.

     After a long talk, Suyeon and Taemin decided to make their relationship official, pleasing not only Hyeonwoo but everyone else as well.

Well, almost everyone.

      "No." Onew glared at the two standing in front of the group's table at lunch, clutching each other's hand tightly. Suyeon's face fell at Onew's words, biting her lip.

"Onew, please, please please!" She pleaded. Out of everyone's approval, she knew she didn't just want, she needed Onew's approval of this relationship. It would feel like you were dating someone her father hated. She wouldn't be able to do it. And she hoped she wouldn't have to think about that decision.

    "Hey, babe," Taemin wrapped an arm around her, giving her shoulder a squeeze, "Don't worry, I'll talk to him." 

Suyeon's nose wrinkled, "Do not call me babe. That's just weird." 

      "Shouldn't I call you something though?" He asked, blinking down at her. She mimicked his actions, "My name would be lovely, Taemin." 

"Alright, message received, no overly gross nicknames." Taemin relented, laughing a little, before watching her squeak and leave, mumbling something about being back in a little bit because of a forgotten book. He looked over to the grumpy looking Onew.

    "Okay Onew, what do I have to do to get you to approve of me and Suyeon dating?" He asked.

"Nothing."

    "Excuse me?" Taemin blinked, trying to make sure he heard right.

"Look, it's not that I don't want you two together, you guys are actually really good. but..." Onew trailed off, tryign to come up with the right words.

     "But...?" Taemin urged on. Onew sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Tae, you need to be ready to have the responsibilty of helping raise a child. Hyeonwoo's apart of Suyeon, you know."

         Taemin nodded, "Yeah I know and I love him just as much--"

Onew cut him off. "No. You need to know that if you hurt Suyeon, you're hurting a lot more than her. He's waited all his life to have a dad and if you mess up and leave, that kid's gonna be hurting a lot longer than she will." 

    Onew wasn't trying to scare him off, Taemin knew. He really cared for the Chois, and wanted to be sure that Taemin was completely sure of this relationship. To be honest with himself, he wasn't sure. He just knew he wanted to be with them for as long as he would be allowed. But what if Onew had a point? What if he wasn't ready? What if he completely screwed up? He was starting to realize there was a lot more to this than just his and Suyeon's immediate happiness.

"...Okay. Okay, I understand." Taemin nodded, thinking to himself. 

      Onew let out a sigh, "Do you?"

Taemin stood up, throwing his backpack over his shoulder once again, "Well not completely, but I will. I need to go to preschool again." And before Onew could protest or say anything more on the matter, he disappeared around the corner, leaving his leader in confusion.


     After her last class, Suyeon found Taemin waiting for her outside her class. "Oh, Taemin. I thought you were going ahead to pick up Hyeonwoo and meet me at the diner." 

     "I'd rather walk with you instead." He smiled, intertwining their hands as they walked down the hallway. Suyeon's face flushed a pretty color of pink.

"You go pick him up, I can't deal with you right now." She whined, trying to push him away. Taemin's smile just widened and he pulled her into a hug.

    "I will. But kiss me first." He puckered his lips. Suyeon let out a small squeal and shook her head.

"No!" 

    Taemin tried pouting, "Please?"

"No." Suyeon reaffirmed her answer, and although it disappointed him, he relented and let go. "Okay, it never hurt to ask twice." 

     "You're a child." She scoffed, her blush still dusting her cheeks and Taemin just smiled.

"Yupp!"

    To say that Hyeonwoo was happy to see Taemin picking him up at the daycare was an understatement. He was pretty sure there was some permanent damage in the ear that he screeched in as he picked him up, holding him tight. 

"Hello Granny Byun!" Taemin greeted, bowing as best he could with the five year old struggling in his arms.

       The older woman just laughed, "Hello to you, Taemin. Haven't seen you in a while." Taemin just smiled sheepishly, adjusting the squirming Hyeonwoo in his arms once again.

"Yeah, sorry. A lot has happened." 

     "So I've been told." The old woman had a twinkle in her eye, and Taemin wondered why he tried to surprise her or think that Granny Byun didn't already know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter