XXXII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You never know what's going on in someone's mind.

They could be happy, sad, mad, anything.

Sometimes to find out, all you have to do is ask.

          A few weeks pass, coming around to finals, and Taemin and Suyeon kept to their agreement, with him going back to the apartment, only staying over when he looked after Hyeonwoo on her late night shifts (even then, he might split the shift with Key, so he could keep his end of the deal). He did, however, keep his stuff laying around the apartment. Suyeon said it would be too much trouble, and Hyeonwoo would get upset, so it was best to just leave it as is. Taemin didn't want to argue, and he also really didn't want to gather all of his stuff and move it back into the group's apartment. 

With his sudden appearance back at the apartment, and how Suyeon went to him a little more than what she used to, Key was suspicious.

 "What did you do?" He demanded, annoyed on how Taemin was lounging on the couch, reading a book for his finals. Taemin looked over, raised an eyebrow.
     "What do you mean? I'm just reading." To make a point, he went back to it, turning the page. Key huffed in annoyance. Usually, Taemin's sass and lounging wouldn't have bothered him last year. But this has since changed, he's not used to seeing Taemin here and more or less, without Suyeon.

"You know that's not what I mean." Key said, grabbing the book and holding it out of Taemin's reach. He knew that Taemin's laziness wouldn't let him get up and reach the book, and when Taemin slumped over, glaring up, he went a step farther and flung it into the corner of the room. Taemin's shout of defiance did nothing to deter him. "Now tell me what you did to up. You are never home, so I'm gonna ask again. What. Did. You. Do."
 
    Taemin puffed his cheeks out, crossign his arms. Key rolled his eyes, he had spent too much time with Hyeonwoo."I did nothing! Christ, it was just a little too soon for me to be spending so much time there."

Key considered it, counting the months they had been together. "Hm... I guess three months is a little soon, now that I think about it."

 "We talked about it, so we promised each other that when we feel like it's right, we'll talk again and decide together. It's the best option." 

The older pursed her lips together. "Well, I mean, it's a more mature relationship than usual, so yeah, that makes sense." Taemin straighrned his spine, looking over at Key with raised eyebrows.

   "How so?"

"Well," Key started, using his hands as he talked, "You guys are older, in your twenties, so there's that. It's mostly because she has a kid, and doesn't have time to just 'date freely'." He used quotation around the words, making Taemin look at him with even more confusion.

    "You have a point, but I'm not sure what you mean." Taemin admited. Key rolled his eyes, waving it off.

"Don't worry about it. So what are you going to do with all your newfound free time?" The question made Taemin ponder. What could he do besides spending all his time with his girlfriend? He wasn't always over at their house anymore, and being back at the apartment, the only five year old needing to be entertained was, well, him. 

       So he went for a practical approach. "Probably practice more, get homework done faster." He shrugged. 

Key stood up, "You should do something else, I know that those things won't take up too much time, and if you and Suyeon are serious about this, which I'm certain you are, then you should do something else. Maybe find a job." He suggested. 

    Taemin thought about it. Key did know him, practice wouldn't take too terribly long with him most days, he usually just spent most of his time there when finals rolled around, but with the show being earlier this year, he only had to worry about his in class final, which was easy enough because it was usually freestyle. Homework, although time consuming, he could do in a couple of nights, leaving them alone for a while. Friday nights and sometimes Saturdays, depending on how lucky he was with spending the night, were with the Chois. But his schedule still seemed pretty empty now. "Maybe. I'll look around and see if there's anything open."

His friend nodded, "Good. I mean, it'll fill up a huge chunk of your weekly schedule, and not to mention getting money that's not from your parents is a little more freeing than just asking them to fill up your debit card." Taemin blushed a little, knowing that he was more dependent on his parents than he should be. Key was only pointing out the obvious, not trying to embarrass him.

    "That's a fair point." He admitted, and Key smiled at him. "Good, you should stop by and let Suyeon know, just in case you find someting that cuts into your time with her and Hyeonwoo." He left, and Taemin nodded to himself, before realizing something.

    "Come back here and get me my book, Kibum!" 
 

He did listen to Key's advice, showing up during Suyeon's break at the diner. Amber immediately pushed her towards him when he entered, and ordered Irene, who recently decided to apply and make her own money, to take over Suyeon's section for a while. Irene willing obliged, pulling her now blonde hair up into a bun. Taemin made note to ask why everyone in the diner suddenly dyed their hair blonde. It was the only hair color he was seeing, now that Suyeon had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter