XVII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sometimes, the person doesn't even have to be there.

Just a memory or a slight mention of that person,

Suddenly makes you realize... They might just be a little bit more.

    The dreaded week of finals were finally creeping up on everyone, causing mass panic and multiple all nighters to study for their final exams. For Taemin, it meant long hours and nights locked up in the dance room, perfecting every last beat and move for his dance recital. For Suyeon, it meant less work time at the diner and sleepless nights pouring over her textbooks when Hyeonwoo was asleep. Neither of them saw each other all that often, although when they did have time, Taemin would offer to walk with her to pick up Hyeonwoo before rushing back to the dance studio (with a hug from Suyeon and Hyeonwoo-- He's been a little more than pleased about the physical contact he's gotten). As he sprawled out on the dance floor, the sensation of air burning his lungs as he inhaled, he found a reason to whine.

    "I miss Suyeooooon." 

Kai was practicing with him, and looked at him with distaste. "Dude. Really? You're so helpless."

    Taemin glared at his friend, sticking his tongue out and reaching for his water bottle. "Shut up."

"You make the worst comebacks. If you miss her just text her, you don't have that number for nothing." Kai had a point, but Taemin wasn't exactly rational.

   "Noooo. Then she'll think that I've been thinking about her and she'll get weirded out!" He whined again, screwing his face up. It wasn't attractive.

Kai just stared at his friend, before speaking up. "How much sleep have you had in this past week?"

   Taemin blinked at him. "...Sleep. What is sleep?"

"Oh dear god." Kai groaned, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Sleep deprived Taemin was even worse than drunk Taemin, in his opinion. Drunk Taemin just talked alot and got emotional. Sleep deprived Taemin reverted back into a five year old. A very very whiny five year old. And as everyone knew, Kai was not good with children.

    "If you're going to tell me to go to bed, I won't do it." Taemin giggled. Kai resisted the urge to whack him across the face with his sweat towel. There were other days for that, where he could fully appreciate the look on Taemin's face when he did so.

   "Look, Taemin, we need to get you back to the apartment. You need to sle-- I mean, get ready  to see your mom, remember?" Kai tried. He did not like this at all.

"But I wanna see Suyeon!" Taemin protested, furrowing his brows together. Kai prayed for some higher being to strike him down. Wait no, strike Taemin down first. That way he'll have a moment of peace before death.

     "Suyeon's busy, you can't see her right now." Kai sighed, pulling Taemin up and starting to pack both their things, sending a quick message to Key to come pick the useless sack that was their youngest up, because the guy was acting like he was five. Taemin clung to him as they left the studio, his bottom lip jutting out.

 "Buuuut Kaaaaai."

    "None of that, Taemin! It's late and we both need sleep. You more than me." Kai huffed, flicking the older's forehead. Taemin remained quiet but his bottom lip kept its pout. It was really not that attractive or cute like he probably thought it was. 

Key did end up coming by and picking Taemin up, and giving Kai a lift home as well. Kai gave Key strict orders to keep Taemin's phone away from him, give him something to knock him out and to put him to bed.

    Key huffed, "Don't tell me how to put my little brother to bed." 

"I'm just saying--"

    "I've dealt with this version of him for years, Kai, I get it. I know what to do. See you tomorrow." Key drove off, leaving Kai at the steps of his dorm. The younger rolled his eyes and went inside, hoping that Taemin actually would be ready. The dance show was in two days, after all. 


Friday came before they knew it, and thankfully, Taemin had gotten plenty of sleep and was rearing to go. As they were doing their warmups, Taemin pulled out his phone, texting someone.

   "Making sure your mom's here so you can leave right after and go back home?" Kai teased, and Taemin almost threw his water bottle at him. 

"No, I'm texting someone important though. Let's get ready, we start in 20!" 

 

     Friday morning was absolute chaos for Suyeon. She had to take her last final for Philosophy, and the professor was an absolute who didn't really gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter