XXXIV.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things get serious faster when you're older.

Dating isn't just for fun or messing around.

You're looking for the one you'll spend the rest of your life with.

    It had taken a lot of pleading and promises to clean the apartment, but Suyeon finally relented and agreed to meet Taemin's parents (again) as his girlfriend. There was a catch on her side.

      "You have to meet my parents." Suyeon reasoned, drying the dishes as he washed them after dinner a couple of nights before the trip. Taemin looked over with wide eyes. Her actual parents? Suyeon never really mentioned her parents, they seldom ventured into the subject and even when it did pop up it was always more focused on his own mom and dad than hers.

"I mean the Lees, Jinki's parents." Suyeon elborated, putting the knife she had been drying. Taemin nodded. Easy. He had been to his leader's house plenty of times growing up, and they adored him. That wasn't as terrifying as meeting Suyeon's actual birth parents.

    "Sounds fair." He verbally agreed, and Suyeon raised an eyebrow at him.

"You don't sound too nervous." She observed, looking over at him. He shrugged a little. "I've met them before, so it's not super nerve wracking."

    "Okay." Suyeon nodded, snorting a little. He wondered over what that could mean, but overall decided to not worry about it. After all, it was just Onew's parents. They couldn't be too terrible, right? He believed that as he kissed his girlfriend goodnight after helping her get Hyeonwoo into the bath and into his pajamas, setting home to get his stuff ready for their trip to Seoul. 


"Oh my goodness he's gotten so big since I've last seen him!" Mrs. Lee had exclaimed four days later when they arrived, pulling in their bags from the doorstep. Suyeon laughed softly as Hyeonwoo basked in the attention of the older woman.

   "Nice to see you too, mom."  Taemin deadpanned, looking unamused at the fact that his mother went and cooed over a five year old over him. Suyeon snorted and nudged him with her elbow.

"He is cuter than you though." She pointed out to him, which made his scowl deepen. "Doesn't mean my own mother needs to ignore me."

    "Oh hush," Mrs. Lee pinched his arm in her free hand, seeing as she had already picked up Hyeonwoo, "You have her to coo over you, now let me coo over this little one."

"Whoa whoa." They both blushed, waving their hands and protesting that their relationship was like that. Mrs. Lee just laughed at them. "You already knew?" Taemin asked, looking over at Suyeon to his mom. His mother raised an eyebrow.

    "Taemin, you are my child and that young lady next to you is near perfect. Of course I knew, in fact I was pleading for her to just go out with you for pity you wouldn't find anyone better!" She winked, causing Suyeon to burst into a small fit of laughter as Taemin groaned. 

"Mom, really? We haven't been here five minutes-- wait is that true?" He turned to Suyeon, who was fighting to contain her giggles. Mrs. Lee went into the kitchen, her laughter bouncing off the walls, and Suyeon shrugged Taemin off and followed.

   "H-hey wait, seriously, is that true?" Taemin called from the entry way, eyes wide.


Hours later, they were sitting around the dinner table, officially meeting Mr. Lee. He was the head of the finicial department for a big entertainment industry here in Seoul, so even during the short break Suyeon and everyone they seldom saw him. The man looked very much like his son, long and tall, only with an aged face and greyed hair. The eyes and nose were the same though, and with the way he presented his questions, it was clear where Taemin also had gotten his curiosity from.

    "How did you meet Taemin?"
"We sort of met through Jinki... Onew, sorry. But he found me on his own."

"How old is Hyeonwoo?"
     "Five, sir."

"Has he slept over yet?"
     "He's spent the night a few times, due to my schedule and I just like having him around sometimes."

"Isn't it a little soon for your son to be calling him Daddy?"
      Both of them winced at the question, but Mr. Lee wasn't being condescending from his tone, genuinely curious. "W-well, Hyeonwoo asked him if he could and Taemin can hardly ever say no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter