XIX.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New Years is a time to reflect on the year past.

It's also a time to start anew and make resolutions.

Can a resolution, also be a relationship?

            When the actual day of the trip to Seoul arrived, Suyeon was a little out of it. A three and a half to four hour trip threw her off, especially since she knew she was going to see Taemin at the end of it. Ever since her little revelation of her liking him (which she saw no point in denying, it was really clear that she had feelings for him) she had been more than a little apprehensive about seeing him again. She didn't know how it'd affect her actually being around him for an extended amount of time. Guess she was about to find out. 

     Hyeonwoo was absolutely out like a light once he was buckled into his carseat, and Minho and Jonghyun joined the dreamland team shortly after they got onto the highway. Key was driving the vehicle, Onew was shotgun next to him, and Suyeon was squeezed into the small seat inbetween the two. The seating arrangement for her was awkward, to say the least. And just a little bit sketchy. 

     "Uhm," She finally spoke up, distracting the two boys that were awake, "Are you sure this is legal?" Suyeon gestured to the seat she was in, squirming a little as Key pursed his lips in thought. He probably picked up the habit from her.

"Probably not, but there is technically a seat and a seatbelt where you are so..."

    "GUYS." She shrieked, causing both boys to laugh before going back to directions, with the occasional interference of Suyeon saying that it wasn't a right turn there, it was left. Onew needed to learn his directions.


That morning, Kai had invited Taemin to get coffee this morning at their favorite cafe in Seoul, Pan's Coffee. They had gone there ever since it opened second year of high school. Today, however, Taemin wasn't so focused on reliving his high school as he was his phone. Suyeon was snapchatting him. Key had downloaded the app on her phone and made her get an account 'because you have a cute face that needs to be shown' and Taemin couldn't really argue with that. Her snapchats were few and far between but it was cute.

The one she had sent was just her eyes and the rest was everyone, including little Hyeonwoo, crammed into Key's old car, with the caption: "Help me, these guys are suffocating me;;;"

Taemin laughed quietly, before taking a selfie with his eyebrow raised: "why are u all crammed into the car?"

 Her next reply was just a picture of the scenery moving outside: "Surprise trip somewhere. Key's idea."

Taemin smiled widely before taking a picture of the counter with Kai's hand: "lol well key's unpredictable." Kai just snorted as his friend became engrossed with his phone, that made the whole surprise easier to pull off. He had helped get all the gang up here, talked with Taemin's parents and made sure that Taemin remained clueless. It was an easy feat, seeing as even mentioning Suyeon sent him into a tizzy of dumb smiles and texting, trying to get the girl's attention.

Suyeon sent a picture of her eyes up close, a finger pulling on the under eye: "i wish i had coffee"

He waited a bit before sending a picture once he got his coffee: "lol i have coffee"

Taemin almost choked on his coffee when Suyeon's reply was of her pouting face. Dear god did she know how adorable she was? He gulped the drink down, feeling his burning cheeks as he read her caption: "you're so CRUEL"

He managed an eyesmile, hiding his reddening cheeks behind his cup in the picture: "i think you meant CUTE ^^~"

A picture of the dashboard was her response: "haha. no. :P"

   Choi Suyeon, the one person he knew that used proper grammer and syntax even when texting, just used a smiley. It was probably because she didn't want to show her face, but he couldn't let the opportunity slip away. She was just too cute. He snapped a picture of the cafe's menu: "YOU JUST USED A SMILEY"

She responded with a picture of Key driving, making a funny face: "so? you use them all the time??"

Taemin let out a small, quiet noise akin to a whine, but he didn't whine because he was Lee Taemin and he most certainly didn't whine. Especially over cute girls who didn't really realize they were as cute as they were. Like Suyeon. 

He decided to change the subject as quickly as possible, taking a picture of the table and Kai's jacket that he had left: "have you figured out where ur going yet?"

The response was her feet on a sidewalk: "yes we're getting coffee, thank god"

Taemin deemed his face less red and therefore acceptable to take a picture of himself: "awesome!"

A few minutes passed before she sent another picture, and Taemin stared at it for a minute or two, not knowing what to do with the picture. It was of her and Kai, making silly faces with the question: "does he look familiar?"

He turned around, looking around the cafe, but not seeing hide or tail of the two. He responded quickly: "what?? where r u"

Suyeon replied back and Taemin almost jumped out of his skin: "he kinda looks familiar too, don't you think?"
It was a picture of the back of his head from a distance. Okay, so where was she. 

      A familiar toddler's voice rang out, catching his attention immediately. "Taemin!"

As he turned, he found all of his friends in the cafe, waving as Hyeonwoo ran over, arms outstretched. Taemin instinctively knelt down and picked him up, almost missing the matching wide smiles of the kid and his mom. He smiled back, heading over with the four year old still in his arms.  

     "Surprised?" She asked, and Hyeonwoo squirmed in his arms before being handed off to Key, who instantly whisked the kid off, cooing over him.

Taemin nodded, "Yeah! Hey!" He greeted, opening his arms for a hug, and Suyeon gladly let him give her one. A small noise close to how a dying cat sounded was heard, and Taemin broke the contact to look over at Onew, who was covering his mouth.

    "Are... you okay?" Taemin asked, concerned for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter