00I.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 All she wanted was to remain unseen.

But he couldn't help but see her.

With the eyes of a child, he was just what she needed.

"No, guys, I'm serious! He's prettier than Taemin when he had longer hair!"

Key's boisterious voice echoed off the hallways, flipping his hair out of his eyes as he tried convincing his friends of the 'prettiest damn boy I've ever seen' in his vocal class. Three of them laughed at him, while Taemin shoved his elder friend towards the wall.

"Hey! I thought we'd never bring up that era of my life ever again! Ugh, you guys are seriously never going to let me forget it." He ran a hand through his now black hair, shuddering at the memories of the long, straightened carmel locks he used to flaunt. Minho shrugged and adjusted the strap on his backpack.

    "Maybe when you leave all of our previous fashion mistakes alone we'll let it go."

"And let Jonghyun's lasagna hair go? Never." The youngest declared, his laughter now bouncing through the doors to the campus' quad as Jonghyun tried to swat him.

       "You little brat! Come back here, at least I looked good back then!" Seething, the now blonde settled onto one of the tables that were placed around the outdoors, while the others joined him slowly, making sure they were able to escape the wrath of Kim Jonghyun before they dared make themselves comfortable.

Taemin still kept himself at a distance, grinning widely with no regrets of his previous words. Students filtered in and out of other buildings, giving them glances but never stopping to stare, because what college student has that kind of time.

Girls would pass by with giggles, but never more than that. It was all background noise to the five boys who were used to it by now. Having grown up in this group, known as SHINee among the students, it was just a normal occurance. They weren't modest when it came to admitting they were good looking, in fact sometimes they'd argue over who had the most admirers. In the end, it was usually forgotten in an argument much like the one that recently took place.

       Onew cleared his throat a bit awkwardly, distracting the other three long enough for Taemin to get a bit closer. "So, Key, this first year? Know his name yet?"

Key sighed, shaking his head, "Not yet, I vaguely remember it sounds Chinese. The boy has honey vocals, though, I swear I would've melted in my seat if he kept going."

Jonghyun gagged, "Disgusting, Kibum. You should be ashamed of yourself, drooling over a first year's voice." 

"Don't be such a prude, I just appreciate a pretty face and voice when they present themselves to me. Speaking of first years though..." Key's elbows came to rest on the table in front of him, an eyebrow cocked. "Anyone interesting this year? I know honey vocals is one, but there's got to be more."

      "Well, there's this one girl in my Acting class," Minho admits, "she's really cute, and wears glasses. She complained to me about them."
Key ushered for him to continue, "Name? Do we have a name??"
        "Jin Ri."
A small whack was given to Minho's shoulder by Key, "No! Absolutely not! She's like my sister, no go!"
         "How do you know her, or that it's even the same person?!"

"I drove her to orentation today, you idiot! Choi Jin Ri, she sometimes goes by Sulli? Yeah, she's been my neighbor for almost ten years! Stay away from her, Choi Minho." Key threatened. His eyes were glinting in a way that showed he was not kidding. Minho threw his hands up in defense, sputtering about how he just thought she was cute and nice and how he had no intentions of trying anything besides being her friend.

"I heard about this one first year, speaking of the surname Choi." Key brought up, finally satisified with Minho's pleas and promises of platonic intentions towards his neighbor, "Choi Suyeon."

While the boys continued their shared tales, Taemin had carefully make his way over to the table, settling down and not really paying attention to the exchange. He was really eager to get to dance practice today, he and Kai had recently decided to choreograph a dance together and it's been replaying in his mind all day.

"Hey, hey!! Little Taemin!" Jonghyun's voice snapped him clear out of his thoughts, making him jump and look owlishly at the others. 

    "...Yes?" He managed. Key and Jonghyun rolled their eyes, while the other two just laughed good naturedly. They knew his mind was already on dance, but it was a little too much fun to not mess with him when his mind was around the bend and across the building, already creating phrases and turn outs in the studio.

"Oh nothing, just go to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter