Chapter 9

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

I hugged myself slightly because the cold wind is running through me as I walk around the villa.

 

I passed by the convenience store and decided to buy  a drink. Then I continued walking towards the clubhouse.

 

There’s a mini arcade on the left side, where people can play billiards or computer games. At the back of the clubhouse, is a garden.

 

I saw this garden once when my Unnies visited me here in the apartment and they went on swimming. I thought of visiting the garden tonight. It was beautiful like a painting. The lamp posts beside the cherry blossoms tree made it more a view worth looking at.

 

Under the tree is a wooden bench, so I sat there and inhaled the fresh air around. I closed my eyes, trying to meditate and just to think of nothing. I would probably give up a decade of my life just to have a minute of peace, without anything in mind.

 

As I was starting to meditate, I heard the sliding door at the garden’s entrance behind me, opened. Somebody’s here. I got up from my seat to turn and see who could it be.

 

I stopped and then swallowed hard. 

 

Yonghwa Oppa?

 

He closed the door and then he looked up towards where I was standing. His face shows that he was surprised as I am. 

 

We were both startled, I think, because neither of us uttered a word. We were just staring at each other. He is wearing a comfortable gray cardigan with a cap on. Then he removed his cap, looking at me still in disbelief.

 

“Hi.” He greeted first.

 

“Hi.” I answered softly.

 

Then we were silent again. 

 

“What are you -” both of us spoke at the same time.

 

“You first...” he gestured with a hand.

 

“What are you doing here, Oppa?” 

 

He smiled at me. His eyes are sparkling like how I always see it in my eyes.

 

“Uhm... I was just strolling around. You?” He asked.

 

I sat again on the bench under the cherry blossoms tree. “I can’t sleep. That’s why I decided to walk around for a moment.”

 

My heart started to beat faster when he slowly walked towards me and sat beside me. Just enough distance is between us. I wanted to move closer, but I was also afraid to be near him at the same time.

 

“Oh by the way,” I talked again, “Congratulations on your winning a while ago in Music Bank.” 

 

“Thanks. You’re song is great too.” He complimented sincerely. 

 

I just smiled, “Thanks.” and answered shortly. 

 

“Do you go to this place often?” He suddenly changed the topic.

 

“Not really. I found this one time when I went to visit the clubhouse with the Unnies before. So I thought of revisiting today. This is my second time here."

 

He shook his head slowly and kept on grinning.

 

“What’s funny?” I asked when I saw him smiling.

 

“Nothing.” Then he looked at me intently, “I was just surprise to see you here tonight.”

 

“Me too. Do you go here often, Oppa?”

 

“No. This is my first time.” Then he chuckled, “Good thing I can’t compose a song a while ago.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Because if I did, I wouldn’t be around strolling. I wouldn’t be able to see you here.”

 

I smiled a little, then looked at my feet shyly, “We just saw each other in Music Bank a while ago.”

 

“I know.” he looked down too, “But we don’t really talk when we see each other on music programs.”

 

“Mmmm,” I started thinking, “Maybe because we were too busy doing other things.”

 

“Were we? Yeah. Probably.” he answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter