Chapter 23

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

 

 

I swear I am screaming with anger in my heart and mind right now as I leave Yoon Mi’s apartment.

 

In just a matter of hours, I lost my trust to two of my closest friends- Yoon Mi and Jinwoon. They played with me? How painful is that. And the worse is, I never doubt them.

 

Inside my car, I was about to go back to our dorm. Putting my car key on as I start the car, I failed. My energy was just so drained. Tears just fell from my eyes. I rested my forehead on the steering wheel, punched it over and over, and sobbed like a little child.

 

I hate them. I hated Jinwoon because he lied to both Seohyun and me. I hated Yoon Mi because she fooled me all this time with those photos. But I hated myself more. Because I was stupid.

 

But the most painful stupidity I did was that I never fought for Seohyun all these years. And I was a complete coward that I didn’t tell her what I truly feel because I was prideful. I was selfish. I was immature and coward. Had I tried to fight for her, then all of these would not have happened.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

When I arrived at the dorm, my dongsaengs were waiting for me. I walked like dead when I entered the apartment.

 

“Hyung...” Jonghyun approached me and led me to sit. “What happened?”

 

I told to the boys everything.  

 

“I’m sorry Hyung. Now I understand. If we only knew that you were just trying to protect our career... I'm sorry I was rude when I talked to you about Yoon Mi like that." Jungshin mumbled.

 

They comforted me. 

 

“I’m sorry too. I don’t know what will happen.” My voice was still cracking and husky, “But if Yoon Mi really does something, the band might get affected. I'm sorry."

 

“No. It’s not  your fault, Hyung... But can I pull her hair until she becomes bald?” Jungshin murmured with irritation. “I knew there's something in that girl! Argh!!! I hate Lee Yoon Mi so much!" 

 

Minhyuk was shaking his head. “These kinds of situation, I think the company knows the truth behind it for sometime now. Maybe they just let you continue your relationship with Yoon Mi because the public liked it."

 

“Argh! And I hate them for that. Especially that Yoon Mi.. Hyung, please, allow me to smack her beautiful face just once!” Jungshin continues to rant his irritation.

 

“Cut it out Jungshin-ah... She’s not worth our time!” Jonghyun said and then he patted my shoulder, "If worse comes to worst, we will still stay by your side, Hyung. Don't worry. We can overcome this."

 

I gave him a weak smile. I felt a little comforted that my dongsaengs are still supporting me. 

 

“But there’s still one person that I need to talk to.” I told them.

 

 

They looked at me intently.

 

“Seohyun...” I said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Unnie, remind me again what are we doing here, early morning." I turned to Hyoyeon Unnie.

 

“To make you prettier, because Manager Oppa said you have a schedule tomorrow night.” Hyoyeon Unnie told me while having our nails done in a salon.

 

“For what, Unnie?  Manager Oppa didn’t text me about it.” 

 

Hyoyeon Unnie just shrugged, “Just...just follow what I say.” 

 

“Are you also coming?” I asked, but still confused.

 

“Nope. I have a meeting for Red Velvet’s choreography.” 

 

“How about the other Unnies?”

 

She’s busily playing on her phone, “Mmm, Taeyeon is recording, Jessica has a photo shoot, Yoona and Sooyoung have script reading for a drama, Sunny has a variety show, Yuri has a CF filming and Tiffany is hosting an event." She enumerated like a memorized line.

 

“Ne? All of you have other schedules? So what will I do tomorrow?”

 

“I don’t know... Manager said just be ready. Tomorrow. 7pm sharp!” 

 

Tomorrow is my rest day. I have a lunch date with my parents and I am planning to spend the rest of the day with them. So I am a little confused about Hyoyeon Unnie's information. 

 

Hyoyeon Unnie finished first. “Maknae! Tomorrow night. Get ready!” She reminded again and again until she went out of the salon.

 

When I arrived at the dorm, Tiffany Unnie led me to the room immediately.

 

“Oh, so let me see your new nail polish...” She said, checking my fingers. “Good. That’s perfect.” She said. 

 

After Hyoyeon Unnie's persuasion of going to salon with me, now, Tiffany Unnie is checking me like I’m a mannequin that should be dolled up.

 

“Wear this tomorrow.” Tiffany Unnie handed me a teal Windy City dress. 

 

“Huh?” I was puzzled. 

 

“Wear this on your schedule.” 

 

 

“Am I the only one who doesn’t have an idea that I have a schedule tomorrow, Unnie?” I was confused. 

 

Tiffany Unnie just handed me the dress, “Uhm... I just overheard Manager Oppa. So I thought you needed a dress to go there. So wear that, okay?"

 

I chuckled. “Dress? I don’t even know what I’ll do there, Unnie.”

 

“You’ll probably know tomorrow.” She winked at me and left me. She also gave a stilettos after and insisted me that I only wear those.

 

Why are my Unnies doing this suddenly? 

 

I texted Manager Oppa about the ‘schedule’ tomorrow and he replied that I really need to go there for a meeting. Meeting? 

 

The following day, after my lunch date with my parents, as obedient as I am, I complied with all things I was asked to do next. I wore the apparel Tiffany Unnie gave me and even the shoes. A stylist even went to the dorm to fix my hair.

 

I was surprised when a black small limousine arrived at our dorm, the driver told me that the agency sent them to pick me up. What? Why do I need to ride a limousine? I asked Manager Oppa about it and he told me to just comply.

 

Then I realized I was drove to a hotel, it was empty and it seemed closed. 

 

“Ms. Seo Joohyun?” An attendant approached me. “This way...” 

 

He led me to a huge hall. There was a red carpet on the entrance, like those in awards night, the hall was surrounded by pink flowers all around. There were cozy lights on the ceiling like hanging balls. And I noticed violinists on the side.

 

With so much bewilderment, I walked slowly and hesitantly. Until the violinists played a classical song. And when I came near the center of the hall, they started to play a rendition of birthday song. It made me smile. Until I saw my Unnies, label mates, other friends from university coming out. They were all wearing semi-formal outfit, each holding a blue rose that I love.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter