Chapter 25

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25

(This chapter is inspired by the song "Almost is Never Enough." After listening to that song, surprisingly, I think this chapter suits that song so well..)

 

 

 

“Just leave Yong Oppa. Leave.” It was Seohyun.

 

After staring furiously at the small jewelry box on the floor, my eyes turned to the woman who’s firmly telling me to leave. 

 

I was loss for words, I just stared at Seohyun for the longest time. She stared back at me, but her gaze was not calm, they were not the eyes that I used to see in her.

 

“Hyun...” That was all I can utter under my breath. 

 

She faced me, “I said leave.” 

 

And that was the most heart-wrenching words I’ve ever heard in my life. Not only because of the words, but because of how she said it, and because it came directly from . From the lips of my life's angel. Saying I was hurt was not enough. It was definitely more than what I felt. 

 

“Hyung... Let’s just leave. Let’s go... Come on.” Jonghyun muttered, holding my shoulders to lead me out of the hall. 

 

Everybody else was staring at us. I felt lifeless in an instant. I wanted to shout, to cry, to grab Seohyun from the crowd, to embrace her, to pour out all the love I've been hiding all these years, but her, telling me to leave crashed me in an instant.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Are you hurt?” I asked Daehan Oppa when I saw him touching his bruised cheek with his fingers, checking if there is blood.

 

He smiled. “No. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. You?” 

 

Everybody else were overwhelmed because of what happened. And we all felt that it’s not good to continue the party anymore. So after some remarks, Sooyoung Unnie and Yuri Unnie closed the party. I was left with Daehan Oppa and other Unnies when everybody else went home.

 

“I’m fine. I’m sorry for what happened.” I said. 

 

Daehan Oppa shook his head. “No.. It’s not you’re fault Joohyun.” He sighed. “If it weren’t for Jung Yonghwa-sshi, the party would have been perfect. I'm sorry I lost control. I was just really furious when I saw him forcing you to go with him."

 

"But I'm really okay. Thanks for the concern."

 

He clears his throat, "I..I actually know that, that you liked him. Jung Yonghwa." Daehan Oppa said.

 

"Ne?" I was caught off guard. Then I smiled weakly, "I'm trying to get over him."

 

"That's good to know." Daehan Oppa smiled.

 

I was silent. Actually, I was thinking if Yong Oppa was hurt too. But behind me, I heard my Unnies talking about how pissed they are because Yong Oppa ruined the party. And I felt a twinge in my heart because of what I am hearing.

 

“Maknae... Are you going to stay at the dorm?” Hyoyeon Unnie approached me, stopping my thoughts. 

 

“Ne, Unnie.” 

 

“Can I drive her home?” Daehan Oppa suddenly butted in and ask Hyoyeon Unnie.

 

 

With a big smile on her face, “Of course you can take her home. Just make sure she’s safe with you Daehan-sshi.” Hyoyeon Unnie answered.

 

I was silent when we were inside the car. Probably, to forget what happened earlier at the party, Daehan Oppa kept on talking about other stuff. He's an open book and it made me feel comfortable. I felt like I knew a lot about him in just one night. 

 

But half of my mind was somewhere else. I wanted to text Jungshin and ask about Yong Oppa. I wanted to ask how he is. Was I too much when I asked him to leave? Was that harsh? But I don't want any other commotion that's why I asked him to leave.

 

Was I happy that I actually saw him tonight? Honestly, I don't know anymore.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Nobody was talking inside the car. My dongsaengs and I remained silent the whole ride on our way back to our dorm. I guess nobody knows the right words to say at this moment.

 

“Turn right.” I commanded Jonghyun while he’s driving.

 

“Ne? Why Hyung?” Jonghyun asked. 

 

“Drop me to SNSD’s dorm.” 

 

“But Hyung-”

 

“Just turn right and drop me there, okay?” I cut him.

 

Jonghyun complied and headed to SNSD’s dorm. I’m sure that Hyun’s going to stay there tonight. It’s not her schedule to stay in her apartment, plus, after what happened, I'm sure her Unnies wouldn't let her to stay in the same villa with me tonight. They hate me, despise me, and I understand that. But I can't just let this night pass. I need to talk to her.

 

“Hyung, are you sure? I think it’s better to just go home and talk to her some other time.” Minhyuk said when we reached SNSD dorm.

 

“I wasted so much time already. There is no other time.” I said. 

 

I went out, and asked the boys to leave and not wait for me. I can wait outside for as long as I can. Paparazzi? I don’t care anymore. Comments from netizens when they see me? I'll accept whatever their posts are. I need to do this tonight.

 

“Go home.” I said to the boys, when they opened the windows of the car and continue to stare at me. Probably they’re waiting for me to change my mind. "Go home, I can manage from here." I insisted.

 

After insisting them to leave, Jonghyun starts to drive going home. I stood outside the SNSD dorm. When we left the party, they were still there so I guess no one's home yet. I took off my tux and remained standing behind the big tree in front of their dorm.

 

Few minutes after, their van arrived. Hiding as best as I can, I take a look at the SNSD girls going one by one out of the van. But Seohyun wasn't there. Where is she? Could she be... with that guy?

 

Then a few more minutes, a red Porsche parked at the corner. It was the lot where I parked the red car during my last filming day with Seohyun on that program. Yes, both are red cars. The only difference is that tonight, Seohyun went out of the car with another guy, that guy.

__________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter