Chapter 19

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

 

 

I was left alone at the rooftop, raking my hair with my fingers. I know what Hyoyeon was trying to do. But why can't I be braver? Why can't I tell them that it has always been Seohyun? If only I could tell them all...

 

Back to our practice room, Minhyuk and Jungshin were chatting. They stopped and went back on playing their instruments when they saw me entering.

 

“Where’s Jonghyun?” I asked.

 

“He’s recording a demo, Hyung.” Minhyuk answered. 

 

I nodded. “Why are you guys still here? I thought you’re going home already after our practice.” 

 

“Ah.. Ne..” Jungshin mumbled, stealing glances at Minhyuk. “We will go ahead, Hyung.” 

 

“Don’t wait for me at home. I’ll spend the rest of the night at the recording studio.” I said while putting my guitar on the case.

 

“Ne?” Minhyuk stopped. “You’ll stay here? But be back home tomorrow night, hyung.” 

 

I just looked at him, questioning why the sudden demand.

 

“Your birthday. Tomorrow’s your birthday, Hyung.” Jungshin answered my confusion. “If you don’t want to have a big celebration because you're spending it with Yoon Mi, then at least have dinner with us."

 

Right! I forgot again. Why do they keep saying that I’m spending it with Yoon Mi? Argh! It irritates me.  I just nodded, not saying any word.

 

“By the way, Hyung...” Jungshin stopped when he was about to walk out of the room, “You can bring Yoon Mi for dinner tomorrow at the dorm if you want..." Jungshin said sarcastically.

 

Now what does he mean by that? Are my dongsaengs really talking back right now? When did they have the courage to do that? Are they mad at me?

 

I glared at Jungshin but he already closed the door before I even answer his sarcasm back. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

“Good thing you’re back. Seohyun’s looking for you.” Tiffany whispered when she open the door. 

 

“Where is she?” I asked.

 

Taeyeon pointed our room with her index finger. “She’s taking a shower now.  We ran out of excuses the moment you hurriedly went to FNC right after the rehearsals."

 

I sat on the couch with a big sigh. The girls are all turning to me, waiting... Just like Jungshin and Minhyuk a while ago.

 

“So...?” Yoona asked, sat beside me and waited.

 

Sigh again. “Let’s pursue our plans on Seohyun’s birthday.” I said.

 

“So it means it failed? What did he say?” Sooyoung asked earnestly.

 

“Worse than failure...” I answered hopelessly.

 

They were waiting, so I continued, “He even said he SHOULD be with Yoon Mi.” I grinned bitterly. “Can you imagine that? Nonsense. What he said is absurd!"

 

Yuri calmed me down. “At least you tried.”

 

“If Maknae’s been trying to be stronger in facing this, I think we should do too.” Sunny suggested. 

 

I nodded and tried to forget how stupid Yonghwa was. He really pissed me off a while ago. 

 

“Let it go Hyoyeon. It’s his loss.” Jessica said. “Let’s now focus on Maknae’s birthday celebration, okay?”

 

“Right...” I said. “Let’s make her happy that day.”

 

 

When all of us agreed about the plan on Seohyun’s birthday, I went inside the room to find Seohyun brushing her wet long hair, sitting on her bed with an opened book on the sheet.

 

“Unnie... Where have you been?” She asked when I entered the room. “You were nowhere to be found after the practice.”

 

 

“Yeah. I have to attend to something important.” I said. I can’t think of any excuse. “What are you reading?” I asked just to change the topic.

 

“Baking recipe book.”

 

“What are you baking?”

 

“Mmm... Green tea cake.” She smiled. 

 

I knew it. It’s for Yonghwa’s birthday tomorrow. She’s been sending him different birthday food every year through either Jungshin or Minhyuk. She always asks the boys not to tell Yonghwa about it and they obediently grant her plea all these years.

 

I wonder what will Yonghwa feel if he finds out that Seohyun has been sending him birthday food every single year. That jerk might probably not care.

 

I wonder what Seohyun will feel if she finds out that I talked to Yonghwa and I heard directly from him that he should be with Yoon Mi. I'm sure she will get hurt. Again and again.

 

Seohyun was looking intently at the recipe book, mumbling silently the ingredients she is reading. I was about to stop her from what she's planning to do. But then...

 

“This is the last Unnie.” She suddenly said, still looking at the book. Then she turned to face me, “This is going to be the last birthday food I'll ever give him. I'll end my moving on process here."

 

“Joohyunnie...” I got up from my bed and sat on her bed, facing her closely. She smiled a sad one. 

 

“Did I tell you that Yong Oppa had his dinner at my apartment last night?” She started. I was a bit shocked. I want to ask her why, how it happened, but I let her continue to talk.

 

“I went home with him and Yoon Mi because Manager Oppa has somewhere else to go to after the photo shoot. He helped me with my bags when we reached the villa and ended up having dinner at my unit." She continued t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter