Chapter 22

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

 

(Yoon MI’s POV)

 

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

Someone was knocking so hard on the door. I checked the clock and it was 4am in the morning. Who could be this rude person person knocking at my apartment at this hour? I just came back from Jeju and I'm so tired.

 

“Oppa?” I was shocked to find Yonghwa Oppa standing when I opened the door. “What are you doing here?”

 

I pulled him slightly to let him in. He looks tired and his eyes look sleepless. 

 

“Did something happen?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Yes, something happened Yoon Mi-ah.” He whispered but his eyes are glaring at me. “And YOU tell me what happened.”

 

I was so confused. What is he talking about?

 

“I know I told you all things about Seohyun before. But did YOU really talk to Jinwoon? When? WHY?! Have you known all along?” His eyes are so scary.

 

He suddenly held both my shoulders and shook me with anger, “TELL ME!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Flashback.

Two years ago.

 

(Yoon Mi’s POV)

 

“Come on, Yonghwa Oppa... Try me.” I told him while hanging out and drinking soju after a CF shoot.

 

I wanted him to open up and share stories about himself. I have known Jung Yonghwa for a little longer now. I saw him when they debuted and I wanted to meet him after that.That's why I'm so happy when I found out I'll be endorsing a mobile brand with him.That's when we started to be friends. And we became close when we see each other on variety shows and hang out with our common friends.

 

But I loved him since then. I liked him so much. His personality, his talent, his passion for his work... Everything about him is perfect in my eyes from the start. Well, aside from the fact that he's good looking and his voice is flawless, his entire being made me fall for him more.

 

Soon, he will be mine. He will love me. I vowed that to myself. 

 

“What? What do you want to know, Yoon Mi-ah?” He chuckled while drinking. 

 

“Just tell me.”

 

“Tell you what?” 

 

I smiled. “Jung Yonghwa... You are Jung Yonghwa. The leader of the top band. Every girl’s ideal man. So make me understand why you are not in a relationship until now. It's not like you are still banned from dating."

 

He chuckled. “Believe me, Yoon Mi... You’ll just get tired of listening and it’s more complicated than you think.”

 

“Come on, Yonghwa Oppa... Try me... Sharing it to friends is better to make the burden lighter. So tell me. I want to know.” 

 

After a few seconds, he started sharing the story. 

 

So it’s because of his virtual wife, Seohyun. I knew it. 

 

I’ve seen their stint and I can see how happy they are. I have also been a fan of SNSD and of course, it’s no doubt that any man in the world would fall for them, especially to the Maknae.

 

While Yonghwa Oppa was telling me the whole story, how he fell for Seohyun, how much he wanted to be hers, how much he wanted to spend time with her again, to date her, to love her, I can see mist in his eyes. He is lonely. He's been lonely all these years. He said he was so hurt when he saw Seohyun and Jinwoon that night three years ago. But he also know that he has wasted that chance to confess. And that hurt him more.

 

I saw pain in his eyes when he said, he wanted to go back to WGM days until there’s no end to it. That’s why he never laid his eyes on any other girl, because there has always been this one girl he keeps on seeing.

 

I was hurt, of course. Because I like him so much. And hearing these things from him is stabbing me directly. From that night, I promised I'll do everything to change him, to make him happy again, to forget Seohyun and love me instead.

 

He asked me never to say it to anyone else. He doesn’t want anyone to know. I promised him I won’t. Of course I wouldn't want anyone to know. No one should know his feelings for Seohyun or else, I might lose the chance to be with him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I know you find it weird that I asked you to meet me here.” I said. 

 

Jinwoon just smiled shyly. I asked to him meet me up. We don’t now each other personally. But after last night of Yonghwa Oppa's confession of his feelings for Seohyun, I wanted to know more.

 

“Yes. I was surprised when our Manager told me that you want to talk to me, Lee Yoon Mi Sunbae.” He said, circling his index finger on the cup of coffee he ordered.

 

“I just want to know a few things, Jinwoon-sshi. This may be awkward especially I’m going to ask about personal things but please do it for me as your Sunbae in this industry." I started.

 

He simply nodded and smiled. 

 

“I like Jung Yonghwa.” I said bluntly. I know he was a bit shocked of my boldness. “And because I like him so much, I'll ask you things related to him."

 

“Yonghwa Hyung and I are friends, Sunbae. But I know that you are too. You’ve been on projects together, right? So why do you need to ask me?"

 

“Because it’s not just about him, it’s about Seohyun.”

 

His eyes grew bigger, and obviously he looked nervous. I told him everything Yonghwa Oppa told me last night. He just looked down and was obviously guilty.

 

“I did it.” He said. “I read the text that night, deleted it, and never told Seohyun about it. I know it was selfish of me, but I was so immature that time, I was just a boy. An immature, jealous boy. I was even the one who replied to Yonghwa Hyung's text, pretending that Seohyun can't come. Because I want Seohyun to be mine."

 

His voice was trembling, like a criminal finally admitting his crime. I just listened to him.

 

“But I failed, Sunbae. Seohyun never liked me. She never loved me. I was hurt, of course. But I learned to accept that. And that stupid thing I did that night still haunts me. I feel so guilty everytime I see Seohyun or Yonghwa Hyung. I wanted to tell them but I was scared. Because they've been very good friends to me."

 

“No Jinwoon-sshi.” I said. 

 

He gave me a questioning look.

 

“Don’t tell them what you did.” I continued. “It’s all in the past. It might bring the pain back to them, especially to Yonghwa Oppa."

 

“But I know they deserve to know, Sunbae.”

 

“Why do you think so?”

 

“Because Seohyun feels the same way for Yonghwa Hyung.”

 

I was a bit surprised. Well actually, I shouldn’t be. No sane person would think that they don’t feel anything for each other during that program. Of course Seohyun feels the same way. And that scared me more. If Yonghwa Oppa finds this out, I'd lose him forever. No. I wouldn't let that happen. He should be mine.

 

“Jinwoon-sshi... I have a favor to ask.”

 

He looked at me, I looked intensely back at him.

 

“Don’t mention this to anyone. No one must know. Think of your career, think of the people who might get affected. I swear, I will do something that would make you regret if you tell them. This is not a threat but I'm just saying the truth. I am capable of doing something you can't imagine. So don't.tell.this.to.them! Seohyun must not know Yonghwa Oppa's text and Yonghwa Oppa must not know Seohyun's feelings."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Present.

Yoon Mi’s POV

 

"TELL ME, LEE YOON MI!" He shouted and shook my shoulders so hard.

 

“Yes! I talked to him!” I answered back and raised my voice.

 

He slowly released my shoulders, turned around and shook his head in disbelief. “You knew Yoon Mi-ah... You knew my story. You knew I was hurt that night..." Then he turned to me, "So why didn't you tell me when Jinwoon told you everything?"

 

I was shocked to see Yonghwa Oppa’s face with tears when he turned to me. His voice cracked and sounded so helpless and defeated.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter