Chapter 14

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

He is here. 

 

So this is what love can do, huh?  It’s so nice of him to visit his girlfriend on the set. He looks good. Well, in my eyes he’s always attractive but, I know he even looks better because he's happy.

 

Yoon Mi suddenly stood up and encircled her arm on Yong Oppa. 

 

“No. He’s not just visiting. He picked me up from my apartment this morning and he’s staying here until we finish the shoot.” Yoon Mi said happily to the stylist.

 

“Wow... You’re so lucky Yoon Mi-sshi... Jung Yonghwa-sshi has got it all.” said one of the staff who got excited when she saw Yong Oppa on the set.

 

Then Yoon Mi turned to him, “Oh, by the way, Seohyun’s with me. I guess I don’t need to introduce you, right?” she chuckled as she stared to both of us alternately.

 

I bowed my head slightly, “Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted without looking at him.

 

“Annyeong.” He greeted me softly.

 

Then I turned to the stylist to continue what she was doing. I wanted to disappear right from that moment. I wanted to be invisible. I wanted to cry. Cry out of awkwardness. Cry out of embarrassment. Cry because they are together right in front of me. Be strong Seohyun. This is part of moving on.

 

I took a deep breath and continue to act normal. I composed myself and smile, talking to the stylist random stuff. As time goes by, I try my best not to look at Yong Oppa or even Yoon Mi.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She is here.

 

How ironic could it be? I was just strolling around the surroundings few minutes ago, as memories of our wedding photo shoot in that program run in my head, only to see her personally right in front of me.

 

I had no idea that she’s going to be here. Yoon Mi never mentioned it. I glared at Yoon Mi. So she insisted that I should be here for this? Why is she doing this to me? Why would she purposely do this when she knows what I went through?

 

“What are you trying to do, Yoon Mi?! What’s this?” I whispered, clenching my teeth.

 

“What?!” Yoon Mi raised her eyebrows and then smirked. She’s unbelievable. 

 

But I controlled myself and come to my senses before I do anything inappropriate. As always, Seohyun looks very beautiful. Her simple attire makes her even more attractive in my eyes. I wanted to approach her, to talk to her, to ask her if she remembers this place like I do. But words couldn't come out as Yoon Mi tightly grips my arm.

 

“Just... just finish preparing Yoon Mi-ah...” I said in defeat when the stylist called her. Yoon Mi went back to the dresser. I sat on the couch, still in shock.

 

“Yonghwa?” someone suddenly called me from behind.

 

“Hyung!” I immediately hugged the man who called me. It was SNSD Manager. The Manager that I got close with when he goes with Seohyun on the program.

 

“Aigoo... You become more handsome and rich!” Manager Hyung said.

 

I just laughed, “Aniyo. I’m still the same choding.” 

 

“How are you? What are you doing -” he suddenly stopped and turned to the other direction. “Ah... You’re here with your girlfriend." He said, but with a different tone.

 

I didn’t say anything anymore. He sat beside me and talk to some crew. Then we talked for some more. He asked about our album, and the concerts I'll be producing. He joked around like he always does.

 

After a few hours, 

 

“Let’s rest first and have lunch.” The staff announces.

 

“Oppa, I want bread and Caesar salad.” Yoon Mi approached me, pouted her lips like a child. 

 

“I’ll buy.” Manager Hyung suddenly said, still sitting beside me. “Anyway, I’ll also buy Seohyun’s lunch.” 

 

“Oh, thank you very much.” Yoon Mi said, smiling happily to Manager Hyung.

 

“Seohyun-ah, what do you want for lunch?” Manager Hyung asked Seohyun, who was tying her hair in a bun who obviously looks tired already.

 

“Uhm... Anything will do Oppa. You can buy me the usual. Thank you.” Seohyun said.

 

She walked away and sat in one of the chairs across the dressing room, where we also ate snacks when we had our wedding photo before. She was massaging her temple, then her nape, and just silently put her earphones on.

 

“I’ll go with Hyung.” I said then to Yoon Mi who was still holding my hand tightly.

 

Yoon Mi just nodded silently and sat on the couch. She began browsing her tablet.

 

I followed Manager Hyung who was already outside the studio. We walked towards one of the bakeshops just around the corner of the street. I watch Manager Hyung buying chicken sandwich, carp bread and orange juice.

 

“Is that all Seohyun will eat?” I unconsciously asked.

 

Manager Hyung laughed at me, looking at me with eyebrows meeting, “Yes. She doesn’t want to eat much when there are pictorials. I'll buy fruits for her. Don't worry." He grinned while buying freshly cut fruits.

 

Oh yes I just worried! I cleared my throat and felt a little embarrassed. I didn’t realize I ask Manager Hyung that question. But I turned around and just bought Yoon Mi's lunch.

 

Then, my eyes caught something. Without thinking twice, I grab it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter