Chapter 16

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

While listening to ‘For First Time Lovers’ on the radio, I can’t help but remember how happy I was when I was in that program with Yong Oppa.

 

It’s the best song, at least for me. It might be just a mission for the show, but for me,  it’s more than that. That was our story. The story that I have always wanted to continue.

 

“We’re here.” Yong Oppa said when we reached the villa’s entrance. 

 

He parked his car directly in the basement. 

 

“I’ll help you with your bags.” He offered.

 

“No, Oppa. It’s okay. I can carry them  all.”

 

He laughed a little, “Are you serious Seo Joohyun? You can’t carry four bags.” 

 

Manager Oppa forgot to bring some of my stuff when he left the studio a while ago. That’s why I have to bring all my stuff altogether. I don't want to bother Yong Oppa, but even before I can oppose, he was already carrying three bags. I carried the smallest one before he takes it too.

 

Without any word, before we know it, we are already inside the elevator. Yong Oppa pressed button 4. He was still humming the song. I just hum along with him on my mind.

 

“Yong Oppa, just put everything down there. Thank you very much.” I said when we reached 4th floor and when we are already outside my unit.

 

“Hyun, this one is really heavy. I’ll carry them. Don’t worry, I’ll just place everything right away on your couch, greet your parents and leave immediately." He insisted.

 

I was trembling a little as I press the door’s code, “My parents are not here.” I said.

 

“Ah I see...” he said. 

 

When I opened the door and turned on the lights, Yonghwa Oppa silently followed behind me.

 

“Where shall I put these?” he asked, shrugging while holding the bags. 

 

“Here.” I walked towards my room, opened it for him. “Thank you.” I said when he placed all the bags on the floor. 

 

 

 

She said her parents are not home. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t want me to get inside. I understand that. But her bags are really heavy and I can't let her carry all these alone.

 

Her apartment is simple and cozy. The motif of the interior is black and white. The sofas are black, the curtains are alternately placed black and white like what we did in Sangdodong house, except those are white and green. The carpet on the living room is designed with checkered black and white like that on a chess board. It was elegant.  The place was spacious enough because there are only a few furniture around.There's a grand piano near the couches and a lot of photos on cabinet just below a big mirror.

 

I wasn’t able to see what the photos are because I followed her right away when she opened another room. I guess it was her room because of the interior. What I only saw is the floral white bedsheet and some Tamama dolls beside the pillow.

 

Fan gifts probably. I’m sure they know that Seohyun loves Keroro and Tamama. I chuckled inside me. I wonder if Seohyun knows that I also  receive Tamama dolls every single concert I have until now. Surely, those are for her, but I never got the chance to give all to her after that program. 

 

My stomach suddenly grumbled right after I put down the bags. 

 

I chuckled and heard Seohyun chucked as well.

 

“Hungry?” She asked.

 

“A little.” I said, scratching my head shyly.

 

Then she stepped out of the room, I followed her. 

 

“I'll cook dinner... for your dongsaengs too.” She suddenly said.

 

I smiled and nodded. She immediately went to the kitchen and prepare food. 

 

“Do you need help?” I asked her with a louder voice since she’s in the kitchen.

 

“No. I can manage. Just feel comfortable Oppa.”

 

I started to look around the apartment. Appreciating the design again. I walked towards the grand piano but stop on the cabinet beside it, staring at the pictures. There were pictures of her parents, here baby picture, then a picture of little Seohyun playing piano. The next bigger frame is with a picture of SNSD. SNSD not with all those idol-attire and make-up, but just picture of them on a wacky pose, casual clothes, happily hugging each other.  Then, the last is her solo picture, wearing a white dress and smiling genuinely.

 

I took the frame and stared at it, unconsciously smiling. I realized how simple she is like how I used to know her. Behind the fame, money, beauty and brains she has, is simplicity that makes her even more perfect.   

 

Sitting on the grand piano chair, I watch Seohyun moving around the kitchen. Seems like she knows what she’s doing. I don’t know how long it took just staring at her, but I love the view. Just like how I liked it before, when staring at her back when she makes Ma shake for me. 

 

“Dinner’s ready, Oppa.” She said as she placed the food and two plates on the table. The way she said it felt so natural like we were the same 'married couple' before.

 

“Wow! Joohyun... Since when did you become chef?” I teased her when I saw how well she presented the food on the plate.

 

“It's just simple and taste it first before you say anything.” Seohyun said and then laughed. 

 

I grabbed the chopsticks right away and taste the bibimbap with kimchi. It was really delicious. I took consecutive bites until I saw Seohyun laughing at me.

 

“You surely are hungry, Oppa.” She smiled. “Give this to your dongsaengs.” She handed me boxes of bibimbap.

 

We talked a little when we were eating. She told me that there was one summer where she enrolled in culinary to learn how to cook. Then, I talked about the preparation I was doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter