Chapter 3

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

“Oh Annyeonghaseyo, Seohyunnie… Noona.” 

 

“Jungshin-ah… annyeong.”

 

“Hyungsoonim…”

 

“Hyungsoonim?”

 

“Seohyunnie..” Yuri Unnie elbowed me lightly.

 

“Ne?” I answered looking at Yuri Unnie. Then she pouted her lips pointing to the people in front of us.

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed to greet them.

 

We were walking the hallway towards our waiting room and I was spacing out. I didn’t notice we bumped into Jonghyun Oppa, Jungshin and Minhyuk when they walk down the hallway going to nowhere. It seems like they just went out of their waiting room.

 

“Seems like our Hyungsoonim is spacing out.” Teased Jonghyun Oppa.

 

“I’m sorry… I was just…” 

 

“Ah she’s just memorizing her lines for the spiel later.” Yuri Unnie meddled and saved me from my stutter.

 

The three nodded. “Right, we are going to have spiels later for the top two songs, right?” Minhyuk said.

 

“Ne. Another spiel for SNSD and CNBLUE. Ya! Who could be the top 1?” Yuri Unnie teased them.

 

They chuckled. “Well it doesn’t matter who it is. We’re used to this.” Jungshin confidently said. We chatted for some more. I remained silent and actually do not understand anything they were saying.

 

“Hey guys…” we suddenly heard a female voice. 

 

Jonghyun Oppa, Minhyuk and Jungshin turn around to look at the person who called them. 

 

When our eyes met her, Yuri Unnie and I bowed to greet her immediately. She bowed her head as well to respond to our greetings and smiled lightly at us.

 

She walked towards to where we are. “Annyeonghaseyo.”  She greeted.

 

Then turn to the three boys, “I’ll go ahead. Eat the snacks I brought for all of you. Have fun with your performance later. And I think Yonghwa Oppa is already waiting for the three of you in the room."

 

“Ah… ne.. Komawo… Yoon… Yoon Mi.” Jonghyun Oppa stuttered and bowed again lightly. 

 

She waved them goodbye and bowed one more time to Yuri Unnie and me. We did the same.

 

When she walked away, Yuri Unnie looked at me.

But I looked at my hands that are fidgeting.

 

The three boys in front of us slowly stared at me. It was an awkward silence. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Did you see her yet?”

 

I glared at Yoon Mi, “What are you talking about?”

 

“You know WHO I am talking about, Oppa.” Yoon Mi raised her voice a little.

 

“Don’t start Yoon Mi..”

 

“Why shouldn’t I? I know she’s the reason why you don’t want me to come to music shows and –“ 

 

“LEE YOON MI!” 

 

She was startled when I yelled at her. After a deep sigh, she buried her face on her palms. I sat near hear and held her hand. 

 

“Yoon Mi-ah… please. I don’t want us to fight, okay? I’m sorry if didn’t call or reply last night. I was just really tired. There's no other reason. Let's not make this a big deal."

 

She slowly nodded, still not looking at me. “I’m sorry, Oppa. I just really miss you.” 

 

“Me too. I’ll find time, okay? When my schedule and yours is not packed, then we can talk and spend time together.” 

 

“Arasseo, Oppa.” She sighed. “Let’s do that. I miss you so much.” Yoon Mi encircled her arm on mine and rested on my shoulder. I stayed silent.

 

She began to talk about her current drama and the OST she will be singing. I just listened to her. I actually don’t know if I was really listening but I just let her talk to calm the atmosphere. After a few minutes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter