Chapter 4

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

5 minutes. Stand by.

 

My Unnies and I are walking toward the right side for the spiels of Music Bank waiting room interview of the top two songs. While commercials are still being shown, the PDs asked all of us to get ready. They gave me, Sooyoung and Tiffany Unnies mic each.

 

CNBLUE is already there. I saw him. 

 

I tried to compose myself. It’s not like it’s the first time we had spiels together on music shows. For the past years, we almost have the same comeback schedule. And most of the time, our songs are on top that makes us do the spiels together.

 

“Do you want to exchange spiels with me?” Sooyoung Unnie whispered to me as we walk.

 

“It is okay, Unnie. This is not the first time I’m doing this, right?” Then I smiled. 

 

The script says I’ll ask him the question. I guess that’s why Sooyoung Unnie offered of doing mine just out of her concern. 

 

3 minutes. Stand by.

 

I stood at the leftmost side, and my unnies squeezed at the center, others stood above, creating enough distance for me and him. Maybe they're all doing this so I don't get distracted. He is standing at the rightmost side. We seem to be poles apart.

 

Everybody’s talking off cam before. But today, it is so awkward that everyone appears to be silent  

 

“Okay, stand by, in 3, 2, 1.” (Then a sound from the clapperboard).

 

“Welcome back, you are still watching… Music Bank!” We said happily.

 

“Now, we are in the waiting room with hailed as the best K-band in our generation, CNBLUE.” Sooyoung Unnie started. "Almost all your comeback songs reach #1 spot. And you still hold the record of being the #1 at the shortest promotion period. So are you already used to always being on top, Minhyuk-sshi?"

 

“Not really used to it. Until now, we don’t expect too much. We just give our best every time we have a comeback stage.” Minhyuk answered humbly.

 

“Your song ‘Wasted Chance’ has been gaining a lot of love from your fans since it was first released. Why do you think people like this song Jonghyun-sshi?" Tiffany Unnie asked.

 

“Uhm, well, we really worked hard for the entire album, but more than that, 'Wasted Chance' is special. Because this song is everybody's story. I believe each person has experienced wasting a chance or letting go a certain opportunity once in our lives." Jonghyun Oppa answered.

 

“Since Jonghyun-sshi talked a little bit about your song ‘Wasted Chance’, what did inspire you to write a song as emotional as this, Yonghwa-sshi?" I tried to sound as normal as I could. I even stared at him to make the atmosphere natural.

 

He looked at me, we are on the opposite sides but I can see his eyes looking straight at me. My knees are a little trembling but I tried to stay focused despite those brown eyes glaring at me.

 

“It’s about my own experience." He simply said. "And just like what Jonghyun said, everybody can relate to this song." Then he turned to the camera. "So I hope everybody will continue to give love and support."

 

“Wow, so let’s all look forward to CNBLUE’s performance later." Sooyoung Unnie cut right away. "For now, let's watch a lovely performance from APink!!!"

 

After another break, it was their turn to interview us. Good thing I was instructed to stay at the back because other Unnies are going to answer all questions. Jungshin did all the questioning. I purposely looked at the camera the whole time.

 

They won the first place. During encore, Jessica Unnie held my hand, like protecting me, when we are bowing our heads to congratulate CNBLUE for their win.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I really don’t know how I looked during the spiels while controlling myself not to look at her intently. When I found out that she talked to my dongsaengs, I can't help but think if she saw Yoon Mi on the hallway too. I guess I was worried.

 

What? Did I just say I was worried? Why should I be? 

 

We used to see each other in music shows, we stand on the same stage, but she was close yet so far. That’s how I felt a while ago. That's how I always feel all these years actually. So as always, I just poured out all my energy on the performance.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter