Chapter 1

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

“So you don’t like the Seohyun-type of girl?” the MC asked.   “No… no. There’s no such thing as that.” he answered.   “There are no real feelings during the entire program with her?” the other MC curiously asked with a frown.   Yonghwa paused and sipped from his bottled water, maintaining a cool expression."I will lie if I say that there are no feelings. We worked so hard for the show and there are so many eyes guiding and watching us."   “But if given the chance, you do think that there is a possibility that you can be together for real, right?” Asked the third MC teasingly that caused everybody to chuckle.   “We’re not dating. We never dated. There are so many rumors about her and me that sometimes it gets scary. But really no... we never dated." He answered with all defense and smiled weakly.

 

Sigh. I took away my glances on the TV after hearing those answers while the interview continued about their new album and their preparation for their comeback this year. I felt a tight grip in my heart. Then it was beating faster.

 

I continued cooking dinner. And surprisingly, all my Unnies were silent while watching. I didn't hear any of them talking for a few seconds. Until one of them switched the TV channel.

 

“Maknae, need help?” Tiffany Unnie broke the silence and approached me in the kitchen, giving me her most genuine smile. I know it means something.

 

“Aniyo Unnie. It’s my turn to cook tonight, right?” I said, responding her smile. 

 

“Kwenchana?” Hyoyeon Unnie joined us.

 

“Of course I’m okay. What’s wrong with you two?” 

 

They didn’t respond. They just looked at each other and then turned to me again, waiting for another answer.

 

“What?”

 

“Ani. We just thought you might need help.”

 

“Thanks Unnie. I’m okay. It’ll be ready in a minute.”

 

Hyoyeon Unnie hugged me on my waist lightly. “Okay. Just call us when you need help.”

 

Tiffany Unnie and Hyoyeon Unnie went back to the living room.I heard whisperings but I didn't know exactly what they were talking about. But in my peripheral vision, I saw all of them staring at me. I really didn't mind them. Probably because my mind is wandering around as well. My heart is beating faster and I don't know why. Or I guess I know why, I just don't want to admit it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CUT.

Sigh. At least the interview is already over. I didn’t know why they have to make it live this time. The show is usually pre-recorded but I guess it was not just my luck. I wish I could have thought of answering more carefully.

 

“Yonghwa!” someone called me while I walk with my dongsaengs back to our waiting room after the show. Kyuhyun Hyung wrapped his arm on my shoulder. "I'm sorry I put you in an uncomfortable situation a while ago. I know I shouldn't have asked." He continued.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about, Hyung?” I asked innocently though I know what he’s talking about.

 

“Well, I know there’s really nothing to ask. I mean, we know it was just a show… you know, you and Seohyun. I just can't believe that - " he paused. "Aniya... don't mind me. See you around."

 

I didn’t know what Kyuhyun Hyung exactly meant.  He can’t believe what? 

But, he’s right. Everything was just a show. It was just a show, right? Right? We were just a show. But…

 

“Let’s go back to your dorm so that you all can rest.” Our manager distracted my thoughts.

 

I tried sleeping while we were in the van. Or tried to pretend sleeping because I didn't want my members to ask me anything about the interview because I know they would.

 

“Go ask him.” I heard Jungshin elbowing Minhyuk.

 

“Shiro! He might get mad.” Minhyuk argued.

 

“Jonghyun Hyung…” Jungshin turned to Jonghyun, seems like convincing him to do it instea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter