Chapter 8

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

Flashback (continuation)

 

Five months ago.

 

While fans are still cheering loudly, we waved our hands to them before leaving the stage. I was satisfied with the concert and somewhat feeling energetic.

 

My dongsaengs and I walked to the backstage on our way to the waiting room. Crew and staff congratulated us, talked to us a little down the hallway. I was so eager to go back to our room.

 

“Jonghyun-ah, did you see SNSD in the concert? They were here, right?” I whispered and put my hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah.” Jonghyun answered, looked at me and smiled. After drinking water in his bottle, “I think I saw some Super Junior members too.. oh and Shinee. MBLAQ was also there. I think I also saw Uee and Nana."

 

“Ah...” I answered, but not really paying attention to other artists Jonghyun was enumerating. I turned my head to all sides, wandering my eyes, looking... searching. She might be here, right? Our idol friends usually go backstage after concerts to congratulate us. She might be waiting here.

 

But why will she wait here? That’s impossible... But she might... I saw her among the audience a while ago. I think I actually sang 'Love Light' with her face in my head. When our eyes met during the concert, I wanted to jump off the stage and just embrace her. Just to let her know how happy I am to see her tonight.

 

But I don’t see her. I can’t find her.

 

“Yonghwa!” Omoni grabbed my arm, I turned to her and she was holding Yoon Mi’s hand.

 

“Oh, Omma.” I hugged her.

 

“Oppa, congratulations. The concert was really daebak!” Yoon Mi said then hugged me and then she slid her hand on my hand, holding it tightly.

 

Omoni was smiling, then it faded slowly, her head was turning left, right, back, and front. As if she was looking for something or someone.

 

“Why Omma? What’s wrong? Did you lose something?” I asked curiously while looking at her and then turn my head as well, following the directions where her head was turning.

 

“Oh... Ani... It’s just that, a while ago I was talking to...” 

 

“Oppa, Omoni, let’s eat. I brought food in the waiting room. Let’s go. I am sure Oppa is tired and is already starving.” Yoon Mi interrupted.

 

“Ah ne. Let’s... Let’s go to your waiting room. Your Appa and Hyung are waiting there.” Omoni said and then forced a smile. 

 

“Are you okay, Omma?” I asked, still looking at her worriedly.

 

“Ne. I... I’m just tired.”

 

When we reached the waiting room, I took time to talk with Appa and my Hyung. We all decided to eat there since Yoon Mi brought food and fans also catered a lot of food for the members and staff. 

 

“Oh wait! We need to take pictures. We do that every concert. Aish! My DSLR is in the van.” Jungshin mumbled. He got up from his seat while we were all still eating and chatting, "Ya Minhyuk! Don't eat my kimbap! You got two from me already."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungshin’s POV

 

I greeted with high-five some staff I bumped into the hallway on my way to the basement where our van is, to get my camera. Since I love photography, I see to it that I get to capture all concert moments to add to my portfolio.

 

Sobbing. 

 

Girl’s voice.

 

Huh? Am I hearing something? I stopped on the third step of the stairs down the way to the basement. It’s creepy, but I continued to walk leisurely and then heard another sob... then another. Is someone crying? I turned around to check but there's no one behind me. Then as I continue to walk, the sobs are getting louder to my ear, until I turned to another staircase on the left...

 

“Hyungsoonim? Seohyunnie...” 

 

Seohyun saw me and she was startled, her eyes grew bigger when she saw me looking at her with a frown. She got up and ran away. But I ran after her until I reached her, grabbed her elbow to make her turn to me.

 

“Hey...” I said softly, still holding her. “Seohyun-ah... What’s wrong? What happened? What ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter