Chapter 2

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

It’s 5:00 in the morning and still too early to get up and prepare.  I know I wasn’t able to sleep the entire night.

 

I got up from my bed and went to the table on my left. Picked up a pen and a blank music sheet. I was staring at the music sheet for a little while and I realized I can't write any. How come? Usually when I can't sleep, I can start scribbling little by little until I finish a new song. But how come I can't write any now?

 

I massaged my temple, trying to relax my mind. I got up from my seat and walked to the dresser to get my phone. 

 

The perfume. The room perfume. The blue bottle was beside my phone. I held it and chuckled while looking at it. Unbelievably, I still have this until now. Maybe I was used to the scent already. She gave me this on our 200th day celebration as a virtual couple.

 

Shaking my head slowly, I realized that the room perfume was already empty. I held the bottle. Yonghwa, what are you doing? Pabo... why haven't you thrown this bottle when it's already empty?

 

I smiled like a fool. I picked up my phone and browse it.

4 missed calls. 7 unread messages.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Oppa, you told me you will call.”

 

“Why aren’t you answering my calls, oppa?”

 

“Are you sleeping already?”

 

“Maybe you’re tired that’s why you forgot to call. I miss you.”

 

“Call me tomorrow morning, Oppa. Arasseo?”

 

“Saranghae Yonghwa Oppa. Good night.”

 

They were all from Yoon Mi.

 

Right. Why did I forget to call her? Maybe I was too tired. But if I was too tired, why can’t I sleep?

Yonghwa, what’s wrong with you today?

 

I tossed my phone on the bed because I don’t know what to do next. Then after a while, I tried to sleep. I don’t know how long I've been staring at the ceiling. As hard as I can, I try to remember our schedule for today. Until I realized the sun is already rising.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Seohyunnie, are you going straight to your parents’ apartment after Music Bank?” Hyoyeon Unnie asked me after taking a bath.

 

“Ne, Unnie.” I answered.

 

“Can I come with you?” Hyoyeon Unnie happily grinned. “I want to eat your Omma’s pasta.”

 

I chuckled. “Arasseo. I’ll text Omma that you’re coming so she can prepare.”

 

I put my seatbelt on our way to Music Bank. It’s 3:00pm. Our latest single is going to be pre-recorded so we have to be there early. My Unnies are happily talking inside the van. I just stayed quiet and looked outside the window. Yoona Unnie suddenly rest her head on my shoulder and held my hand. I guess her gesture is still all about the interview we've watched last night.

 

Since we have been living together for several years, we know each other too well that no words are needed. We just know if someone needs comfort. And I needed that today. So badly.

 

A lot of fans are waiting outside the building when we arrived for the show. Fans always do this in music shows. They are happily cheering for their favorite idols who are arriving one by one. They are holding placards and banners of their beloved artists.

 

CNBLUE Saranghaeyo!

 

Right. They are also coming today on the show. Then my heart beats faster than ever. Again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Our Coordi Noona was fixing my suit while we wait for our turn to perform. Well they said we are one of the last two to perform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter