Chapter 20

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

 

 

“Hey...” Jungshin tapped my shoulder when I was silently sitting on the corner of the cafe we often visit to hang-out.

 

“Hi...” I answered. 

 

Jungshin sat across to where I was seated. I smiled at him and carefully slid the cake box to him.

 

“Now, it’s cake for this year?” He asked.

 

I just nodded.

 

“Seohyunnie... You don’t know I much I wanted to tell Yonghwa Hyung about this for the last five years.”

 

“No Jungshin... You won’t do that.”  I said. “And don’t worry, you don’t have to bear another year of keeping your mouth shut.”

 

He gave me a questioning look, “Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“Because this is going to be the last, Jungshin chingu... The last birthday food l I will make for him...”

 

We were silent for a few seconds until he sighed. “Giving up?”

 

I blinked continuously, stopping tears that anytime could fall. I don’t want to cry. I won’t cry anymore. Five years is too much already and I have had enough.

 

“It’s about time.” I said.

 

Jungshin grabbed the gold ribbon, and nodded to tell me that he understood what I meant. He smiled sadly at me, “Are you gonna be okay?"

 

“Yes, Jungshin... I will be.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I arranged the music sheets for N.Flying’s song that I wrote. It’s already past lunch time and I haven’t eaten anything yet. I spent the entire night in the recording room. I think I only slept for about an hour because my mind is occupied with the conversation I had with Jonghyun last night.

 

What a really happy birthday, huh! But it’s not time to celebrate. I can’t celebrate. I have no right to be happy. 

 

My phone is now loaded with birthday messages from everyone. I grinned bitterly as I read each of them. Five years Yonghwa, and you're still expecting Seohyun to greet you on your birthday? Pabo!

 

Then it rang.

 

“Minhyuk-ah?”

 

“Hi Hyung..” 

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Nothing much, just make sure you come home early, okay? Happy birthday again Hyung!” 

 

“Ahra... Thanks. I’ll be home in a while.”

 

I purposely turned off my phone after Minhyuk’s call. I wanted to go home, not actually to celebrate my birthday, but to rest. Rest my body and mind.

 

After giving N.Flying some instructions about the arrangement I made for the song, I went directly to my car and drove my way home.

 

“SURPRISE!!!”

 

I was welcomed by Yoon Mi when I entered our dorm. “Happy Birthday, Oppa!” She happily hugged me and handed me the gift she bought, while Jonghyun and Minhyuk stood beside the dining table. I saw Jonghyun sighing at me. I know he remembers our conversation last nigt too.

 

“We invited Yoon Mi to come over because we thought you wanted to spend your birthday with her, of course.” Minhyuk explained. 

 

“The boys prepared a lot for you.” Yoon Mi said, while she leads me towards the dining table. 

 

“Thanks.” I smiled. “Where’s Jungshin?” I turned to the boys. 

 

“He said it’s a meeting.” Jonghyun answered. “He called a minute before you arrived. He said, he’s on his way home too.”

 

“Oh, Jungshin is probably secretly dating now, huh?” Yoon Mi butted in.

 

“Is he?” Jonghyun turned to Minhyuk. He seemed to not know Jungshin’s whereabouts too.

 

Minhyuk just smiled. “Aniyo. He really just needs to take care of few things.”

 

“Fine. Let’s just all eat before I think that these maknaes are being secretive again.” Jonghyun suggested.

 

“We’re not!” Minhyuk defended.

 

“Okay... Enough of that. Let’s eat. It’s Yonghwa Oppa’s birthday so the spotlight should be his.” Yoon Mi said. 

 

There were a lot of food on the dining table. The boys really spent a lot for this. Yoon Mi was of course, talking nonstop while we are all eating. The two boys were just silent. Jonghyun was stealing glares at me while Minhyuk was pretending that he's also listening to Yoon Mi's talks.

 

I actually wanted to spend my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter