Chapter 18

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

 

 

 “Guys, there’s food here!” I said loudly so that my dongsaengs can hear me when I entered the apartment. 

 

The three went out immediately from their rooms and directly set their eyes on the food I brought.

 

“Ya! Aren’t you even going to say hi to me?” I whined.

 

“Hi Hyung!” They said without looking at me but are starting to take bites on the bibimbap. 

 

“We haven’t had our dinner yet. We’re so lazy to get out of the house to buy.” Minhyuk said. 

 

“Good thing Seohyun made that for you.” I said while pouring water on my mug.

 

They all stared at me. 

 

“What?”

 

“I thought you’re with Yoon Mi?”

 

“I was.”

 

“So how did Seohyun give this....?” Jonghyun asked confusedly.

 

“She and Yoon Mi were together in the photo shoot.”

 

Jungshin almost choked when he tried to swallow. They didn’t say a word but just stared blankly at each other. 

 

“So Hyung...” Jungshin clears his throat, “It’s your birthday two days from now. What do you want to do?”

 

I looked at the calendar on the wall beside the fridge, it’s my birthday. I forgot it actually. My eyes were not really drawn on my birthdate, but actually the date 6 days after mine.

 

“It’s Minhyuk’s birthday too next week. We can just do a double celebration next week.” I said.

 

The truth is, it was an excuse. I didn’t feel like celebrating my birthday this year. But another excuse to just celebrate it on Minhyuk's birthday is because that is Seohyun's birthday too.

 

“These boys said they already have plans for Minhyuk’s birthday.” Jonghyun said with mouthful of bibimbap.

 

“Ahh... So let’s just celebrate on Minhyuk’s birthday then.” I said. 

 

“Uhm, but...” Jungshin surely wants to oppose.

 

“Ani. Kwaenchana!” Minhyuk stopped Jungshin’s explanation, “Maybe Yonghwa Hyung will spend his birthday with Yoon Mi. It’s okay. Let's just celebrate mine together."

 

I stood up and walked towards my room without even commenting. I lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes. Images of Seohyun and I singing together a while ago, her laugh, her face, her voice... are all running in my head... and even her question... and my last chance to confess flew just like that.

 

I turned my head to the side and pulled the drawer next to my bed. I grabbed a red box. Thumbing the silver ring that Seohyun gave me on my birthday on that program. That was the happiest birthday celebration I had. And probably will always be.

 

I didn’t realize I slept the whole night with the ring on my palm, until a little early than 8:00 in the morning, my phone rang.

 

It was an unknown number. 

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

“It’s me.”

 

It was a familiar voice. I try to identify until I recognized it.

 

“Hyoyeon? Hi. Why did you call?’

 

She sighed. “Can we meet up?”

 

It took me a little while before I finally rubbed my sleepy eyes with my hands and sat on my bed. 

 

“Sure. Where? When? ...and... why?”

 

“Good.” She said. “The ‘where’ part, let’s meet somewhere near you and me and I guess it’s just the agency. Either in your your building or ours. The 'when', as soon as possible.Today or tomorrow, I hope. The 'why', you'll know when I see you..So?”

 

“Okay...” I tried to grasped everything Hyoyeon just said, “I have no schedule today. I think we can meet up today.” 

 

“Great. We have rehearsals later this afternoon at the agency until 5:00pm. I guess it’s better if I go to your agency instead of you going to ours."

 

I don’t know what she meant by that but I agreed anyway. 

 

Sigh.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

The girls are staring at me when I hang up the phone. They gasped. 

 

“Hyoyeon, what are you doing?” Taeyeon asked me.

 

“Why did you call Yonghwa?” Jessica almost shouted but her mouth was immediately covered by Sooyoung’s hand, refraining from being heard by Seohyun who is still in the room.

 

I took a deep breath, “I don’t know girls. I... I just need to do this.”

 

“Do what?” Yuri asked.

 

“Talk to him.” I answered.

 

“Why do you have to?” Taeyeon insisted to stop me.

 

“I feel like I need to do this for Seohyun. I just need to find out something.” 

 

“I thought we all agreed already about this?” Sooyoung said and sounded annoyed.

 

They looked a little clueless until Tiffany hooked her arm on mine and looked at me closely and just nodded. “Just do what you think is best for Seohyunnie... That's what we all want, anyway."

 

“Tiffany!” Yuri argued. “You’re tolerating this? Stop being a YongSeo fan anymore!! Argh! Please!”

 

I turned to the girls in front of me who are still bewildered, “Girls, you know I’ll do everything for Seohyun. And... I’m doing this for us, who once believed in 'them'. Please... this may not be Seohyun's chance, but this is our chance.. my chance... to prove what I have always believed in. Just one last... for me, as their friend."

 

They were silent. 

 

Taeyeon sighed deeply and nodded, giving me the permission, “Do you need someone to be with you when you talk to him?”

 

“No. I think I can manage. Besides, he might get frightened if more than one of us will show up.”

 

“Are we still sticking to the plan for Seohyun’s birthday?” Yoona asked.

 

I looked at her, and then to the girls one by one. Actually, I am not convinced of pairing Seohyun up with someone without her permission. But we want her to stop hurting because of Yonghwa that's why I agreed to the girls' plan.

 

If there is one who has seen Seohyun’s suffering all these years, I guess it was me. But I have also seen and felt how much Seohyun loves Yonghwa. And I'm sticking to the latter... to her love.

 

I don’t want her to suffer more because she already has a fair share of it, but I want to give a try to their ‘almost’ love story.

 

“I’ll tell you if we will stick to the plan or not after I talk to Yonghwa.” I said with a serious tone. 

 

“Are you going to tell him Seohyun’s feelings?” Tiffany asked innocently.

 

I looked at her, “No. I am 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter