Chapter 11

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

“Oppa, have you seen this?” Yoon Mi showed me her tablet. “My hair look awful here.” She said jokingly but sounded happy.

 

It was one of the pictures paparazzi took when we ate somewhere in Gangnam months ago. A lot of our pictures came out when the article was published.

 

Some pictures were taken when we were in the car, some during our dinner out or some when we are just plainly walking the street in the middle of the night. And some photos were even from years ago when we started to be friends. Our hit drama together last year, wasn't the first time I worked with Yoon Mi. I worked with her before on CFs and endorsements. I just never thought there would be old pictures of us from paparazzi though. I have no idea that we were being photoed not only months ago but even all these years.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Yoon Mi asked me. 

 

“Yeah. I was just... Just looking at our pictures. Paparazzi are damn good, huh?” I answered sarcastically.

 

She laughed, “At least we still look good in the photos.” 

 

We were in a cafe. It was a little late already but Yoon Mi insisted that we meet tonight because we haven’t seen each other for quite a while because of the Asia Tour CNBLUE had.

 

It’s been a month now since the article was published,  and this is our first time going out in public. She said it’s okay to be seen now by people. I didn't oppose since I don't want any argument.

 

“Oh by the way...” Yoon Mi happily said, clasping her palms together. She took out a brown box from her bag."Here." 

 

“What is this?” I asked her when she handed me the box.

 

“My gift.” She said with an aegyo. 

 

I frowned, confused, “Gift? For what?”

 

“Just open it first, Oppa.”

 

It was a bracelet. A bracelet with black cord and a silver infinity symbol at the center of it. I took it out from the box, and then I looked at her.

 

She was smiling all the way to her ears while she raised her left arm, showing me her left wrist. She was wearing the exact bracelet she's giving me.

 

“It’s a couple bracelet.” She grinned happily. She took it from my hand and wear it on my left wrist. 

 

I didn’t say a word and just let her. When she felt that I was not saying anything, she spoke again.

“I bought it when I was in Singapore three days ago." She explained."Wear this from now on, okay?"

 

“Thanks.” That’s the only thing I can think of saying. 

 

“It’s my advance birthday gift to you, Oppa.” 

 

I chuckled. “I forgot that it’s my birth month already.”

 

“Yah! Because you’re too busy missing me, that’s why.” She joked.

 

I just smiled at her. Then I notice Yoon Mi was taking off the other bracelet I am wearing on my right wrist.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

 

“Don’t wear this anymore, Oppa.”

 

“But...”

 

“Please? I just want you to wear the bracelet I gave you. Okay? You’ve been wearing this other one for years anyway.” I just looked at her hands with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“But it was given to me by a fan... ” 

 

“I know. You said that already before. But I think fans will understand if they don’t see you wearing it. Especially when they notice that you're now wearing an infinity bracelet. Sooner, they will see me wearing mine too... through airport pictures probably. In that, they will figure out that you only want to wear our couple bracelet." 

 

I want? YOU put it on my wrist. And you take off the other bracelet a YongSeo fan gave me years ago which has been one of my favorites. Now you're telling me this is what I want?

 

She held my hand, tracing her fingers on the bracelet she gave me.

 

“Infinity, Oppa.” She mumbled. “I want to spend that with you.”

 

I just smiled at her weakly.

 

After some few chats, she turned to her tablet again to check online the magazine wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter