Chapter 13

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

 

Leave her alone? Leave her alone like I always do?

 

The way Jungshin and Minhyuk told me that feels like I have a contagious disease, that I shouldn’t be in contact with Seohyun because she might get infected. My dongsaengs never talked to me that way before, but the way they said it with conviction, I felt that they are somewhat right.

 

I shouldn’t be thinking of Seohyun anymore. Not even the kiss. 

 

“Did something happen?” Jonghyun asked when we are all eating at the dining table, and no one was really talking.

 

Jungshin and Minhyuk took the van going home, while I used my car. 

 

“Yah! Why are you guys so silent?” Jonghyun asked, so perplexed and can’t seem to understand. “What’s wrong, huh Minhyuk?”

 

Minhyuk just shrugged.

 

“Jungshin?”

 

“Just finish your food Jonghyun Hyung.” Jungshin not answering Jonghyun’s question.

 

Jonghyun shook his head and ended up scratching his head, still confused. 

 

I finished my dinner without saying anything which is so unlikely because we are really loud every time we eat, joke around and tease each other like kids. But I guess we are not all in the mood. I went directly to my room after eating.

 

Then after an hour, someone knocked on my room. Even before I answer, Jungshin appeared, opening the door slowly, bringing a cup of tea. Without a word, he placed it on the study table where I was, finishing a song I am working on this week.

 

“I’m sorry for what I did a while ago, Hyung.” Jungshin said.

 

I know he is apologizing for talking back, for commanding me about the incident in the building. I didn’t say a word, I didn’t even look at him, just continue to scribble anything on the music sheet.

 

“Jungshin-ah..” I stopped him when he was about to walk out of my room. 

 

“Ne, Hyung?” He asked.

 

“Did I really do that?” 

 

“Huh?”

 

I faced Jungshin, looked at him while he was standing by the door, holding the doorknob. He just looked at me, confused about my question.

 

“About Seohyun...” I started. “Did I really do that? Did I ignore her all these years? Did I just leave her alone all this time?”

 

Jungshin looked down and paused for a while, before looking back at me.

 

“Why did you go there? Do not tell me that you went there to pick us up because I won’t buy that. Why did you go to the network station, Hyung?" He threw me another question instead of answering mine.

 

I didn’t know how to answer that. 

 

What will I tell him? I went there to talk to Seohyun? Because I want to see her? Because I've been thinking about the kiss we shared a month ago? Because... Because...

 

Why did he and Minhyuk stop me from approaching Seohyun, anyway? Do they know something that I don’t? Is Seohyun mad at me because I kissed her? Is it because the article about me and Yoon Mi that... Right. Yoon Mi.

 

I stopped my thoughts. Yoon Mi’s face suddenly popped in my head. I closed my eyes and sighed, only to see Jungshin still standing by the door, waiting for my answer.

 

“Yah! If you’re not going to answer my question and just ask me another question, nevermind. Whatever. Thanks for the tea. Just get out. I need to finish this song and I'll stil call Yoon Mi." I stupidly whined like a child.

 

Jungshin chuckled sarcastically, “This is why you should leave Seohyun alone.” He mumbled before leaving the room.

 

“Mwo?” I asked angrily.

 

“Nothing Hyung. Just finish composing and just worry about your girlfriend.” 

 

Jungshin left immediately before I can answer.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Are you sure you want to stay in your apartment tonight?” Hyoyeon Unnie asked while driving. 

 

“Ne, Unnie.” I answered her while looking outside the window.

 

“But your parents are not there. You can stay with us tonight at the dorm.”

 

“I know. I just want to clean the apartment before they come back next week.” 

 

“Tch. You don’t have to do that Seohyunnie..”

 

“But I just want to-”

 

“Be alone?” Hyoyeon Unnie interrupted. She pulled over the car to the right side where she can park. After a full stop, she turned to me.

 

“Seohyunnie...” she called me softly. 

 

I turned to her and smile at her. “Unnie, I just really want to be at the apartment tonight. That’s all. Should there always be a reason for everything?"

 

“But you make me worry...”

 

I held Hyoyeon Unnie’s hand, “I will be fine Unnie. I am trying. I’m sorry this moving on process is taking a long time but I am really trying. If you ask me if I'm thinking about Yong Oppa right now, well I'd say yes. Because I really am. I was surprised to see him a while ago but you see, I'm trying to avoid him to continue to move on so please, Unnie..."

 

“I think he came to see you...” Hyoyeon Unnie suddenly blurted out then looked at the front road. 

 

“Nn..ne?”

 

“Seeing him at the lobby a while ago, he looked anxious. I think he was waiting for you. That even proved my instincts when I saw him how he looked at you, Joohyun-ah!" Hyoyeon Unnie said, sounded so serious.

 

I don’t know how to respond. I am trying to move on since that night we met at the clubhouse but something in me is still hoping that Hyoyeon Unnie was right. That he wants to see me and talk to me.

 

Surely I am not over him yet, but I am trying, really trying. It’s just so difficult especially when I saw him a again a while ago.

 

Did he really come to see me?

 

If yes, then why?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I grabbed my phone and looked at it.

 

Scrolling the names listed on my phonebook, I stopped at one name. I wonder if this is still Seohyun's number. I suddenly felt guilty. My dongsaengs are right. I avoided her. I ignored her all these years.

 

As much as I don’t want to bother her but I really, really wanted to talk to her. Just when I was about to press the ‘call’ button, my phone screen prompted.

 

In my LCD, “Yoon Mi - Calling”

 

Then I felt guilty again. I can’t believe I can feel guilt twice, in two different reasons, in a matter of just a minute.

 

With a deep sigh, “Hello?”

 

“Are you home?”

 

“Yes, Yoon Mi.”

 

“Good. Oh, I really wanted to see you today Oppa, to tell you to come with me next week.”

 

“Where? I haven’t checked my schedules so I’m not sure.”

 

She paused for a while, thinking, “No.. Clear your schedules next week. Please? Please?” She pleaded.

 

“Where are we going, anyway?”

 

“Mmm.. Just a schedule. I just want to be with you. I miss you so much!”

 

How in the world can I clear my schedule just to accompany her in her own schedule? “We’ll just see. I’ll check my schedule.” I just sighed.

 

Then we talked like the usual. She said it was an OST and since I am the singer, she said she wants me to hear it. She’s done OSTs before so I don't know why she needs me there all of a sudden.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yobo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter