Chapter 26

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

 

 

 

Girls’ Generation Maknae, Seohyun is spotted dating with a handsome guy .

 

Nation’s most loved maknae, Seohyun, is spotted having dinner with a gorgeous man on one of the luxurious restaurants on Apgujeong Rodeo Street. 

 

According to sources, this is not the first time the two are seen together on dates. However, photos of the two just came up today for the first time from the media. The guy with Seohyun, is said to be the owner and sole heir of chains of Diamond Hotels around Asia and Europe, Shin Daehan.

 

There are no official statements yet from Seohyun’s company and from Shin Daehan’s parties about the real relationship status of the two.

 

Both are obviously having a good time during dinner, and a lot of netizens are looking forward for the confirmation of both sides, waiting for the revelation of 'love story' of the chaebol and the nation's one and only Princess Maknae.

 

Is the beautiful Seohyun finally in a relationship?

 

 

I am here at the agency first thing in the morning to finish my last song. I closed my laptop right away after reading the article. These past three months were hell. I emerged myself on working for our upcoming album. Although I can't concentrate at times, I can't just forsake my responsibilities. I think I've been spending more time here at the agency instead of our dorm. 

 

But no matter how I exhaust myself on other things, I always fail. Because I kept thinking of Seohyun.

 

After working, no matter what schedule I had, I drive and wait outside SNSD dorm, but I guess our schedules just don’t match. Sometimes, when I go home, I directly press 4th floor on the elevator and spend hours, standing outside Seohyun's unit. But for already three months, she never came to the villa. I've been calling her since that night on her birthday, but she never answered. Until just one day, I couldn't reach her phone number anymore. 

 

Knock. Knock. 

 

CEO Han peeked at my producer room before entering. I stood up to bow and greet him, he just deeply sighed and looked at me, with arms folded on his chest. 

 

“Do you want to take a leave?” He asked.

 

I know what he’s trying to say. I know I’ve been a mess these past months. I look so haggard when I am seen on TV or when people see me on airports. CEO Han knows everything. And him, telling me to take a leave only means he already read the article too. 

 

Biting my lower lip and looking down, my fingers are fidgeting, “Can I?” I asked softly. 

 

“You should.” He said. “Just finish the last song and promotions of your next album, then rest for a month. Go wherever you want and I will decide about the plans you told me yesterday when you come back from your leave."

 

“Thank you, Seonsangnim.” 

 

He approached me and patted my shoulder, “It’s tough, huh? But you’ll get through this.” He motioned of going out of the producer room, but he turned to me again, "Lee Yoon Mi is waiting outside. She came here early. Talk to her for once. She's been chasing you for the past months."

 

I closed my eyes and gripped the papers on my table. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Maknae-ah... I can’t believe it’s already been three months since you started dating Daehan. How is it?” Yoona Unnie sat across my bed, munching a cookie. 

 

I smiled at her. “He’s really nice, Unnie. He’s easy to get along with.”

 

She went near me, “So... Are you two already in a relationship?” 

 

“No.” I chuckled. “We’re still at the stage of getting to know each other.” 

 

Yoona Unnie sighed, “I see. Well, it’s so you... Knowing things first, thinking hard before making decisions...”

 

“Is that bad?” 

 

She munched her last cookie, “No. It’s okay. Take your time. But I was just thinking that a part of you is probably hesitant because we're celebrities. There's really nothing to worry about now. People have been wanting you to date already."

 

“Aniyo, Unnie.” I smiled. “This has nothing to do with my celebrity status. I just... Just enjoy taking things slow.”

 

She nodded her head in agreement. “Are you happy?”

 

I paused, digest Yoona Unnie’s question. “I am.”

 

“That’s good.” She stood up and was about to go out of the room, “Oh, I just notice, how come you never go to your apartment anymore?"

 

“Ne?”

 

“Well, you’ve been staying here at the dorm since your birthday. And you always choose to stay here even though all of us not here."

 

“I... I just feel like staying here for now.”

 

Yoona Unnie looked at me, smiled weakly, but didn’t say a word anymore. She left me alone in the room. It has really been three months since I last visited my apartment. My parents are already staying at the States. But even though I can stay there alone, I never had the courage to visit my unit again. 

 

When Yong Oppa has been calling me everyday since our talk on my birthday, I was always tempted to answer. But then I thought, how can I learn to live a life without him if he's always there?

 

I had a life before him, I’m sure I can have a life after him. And thinking about it, I’ve been through much pain for the last five years. But what's more painful is knowing he feels the same way for me and yet he never did anything for the past years. And I got tired. Just so tired. Maybe, maybe my love for him is not enough to wait for another year, or even for another day that I need to walk away now. Because when he told me he feels the same way, I can't just jump for joy. It was weird. That was what I always wanted to hear from him before, but that night on my birthday, what I felt was a bit of hatred. 

 

My phone lit.

 

“Are you ready?” It was a text message from Daehan Oppa. 

 

He’s going to pick me up to have dinner together. We’ve been doing this for three months already. He picks me up from my schedule after his duties in their company. Then we would talk and laugh and talk again. Sometimes, he would buy food for me and my Unnies all of a sudden. Or sometimes, he would just appear to visit me on set during recordings or filming.

 

Slowly, I am getting the feeling of having someone checking up on me, having a guy who picks me up or who drives me home, a guy who sends flowers out of the blue... he is basically doing everything to make me feel important. He is the ideal boyfriend.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I know you don’t want to see me or even hear from me.” Yoon Mi said as I sat across her on one of the couches here in our company's visitors' lounge.

 

I stayed silent. Not even looking at her.

 

“Oppa, I know you purposely don’t answer my cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter