Chapter 24

Let's Meet Halfway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

 

 

“Can I have this dance?” Daehan-sshi offered his hand when all others were dancing on the floor.

 

 

We were having a good conversation and he actually talked to my parents too. He seems to be good with people. I was shocked at first when I found out that he owns this hotel. But surprisingly, he's not intimidating. I wasn't overawed to know that I am actually talking to an heir. 

 

My other Unnies are dancing now. Some with their boyfriends, and some with our other label mates. It was a slow song, and I haven't danced with someone like that except with my Appa when I was little. But I agreed. I placed my hand on Daehan-sshi's hand. 

 

“I’m not a good dancer, I just want to inform you that.” He chuckled when we were already on the dance floor. “But I really want to dance with you."

 

“It’s okay. You’re doing just fine.” I said. 

 

I found myself laughing again while we were dancing. He jokes a lot. Like Yong Oppa. He made me comfortable easily. Like Yong Oppa. He listens to every story I tell. Like Yong Oppa. Oh Seo Joohyun! What are you thinking? No. He's not like Yong Oppa. I'm not thinking of him. I'm just thinking of our virtual marriage. Not him. 

 

“Can I ask you something?” He said.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Can you stop calling me, Daehan-sshi?” He smiled. “Can you call my name comfortably?” 

 

“Oh but I don’t just-”

 

“I know.. I know...” He interrupted. “I’m not asking you to speak to me in banmal, but please say my name casually. In that, I can feel that we're already friends."

 

I smiled. “Okay. I’ll call you Daehan Oppa since you’re older than me.” 

 

“That’s better, Hyun.” 

 

“Oh don’t call me that way!” I abruptly said. 

 

He looked down. “I’m, I’m sorry... It just slipped out of my tongue. Can I call you Joohyun, instead?” 

 

Nobody really calls me Joohyun except for my parents, sometimes my Unnies, and some of my closest friends.

 

“It’s just that...” He started to explain. “I am not a showbiz person.” He chuckled. “I mean, I am not into show business and I want things in private. But since your real name is Joohyun, I want to call you that way. Because it's not the 'Seohyun' idol that I want to meet. It's the real Seo Joohyun who I find one of a kind."

 

I think my cheeks started to turn hot when he said those words. He said he was my fan, but him saying that he wanted to meet the woman behind the idol that I am, I appreciate that so much. 

 

I nodded. And he smiled brightly. We were talking again about this book. I don’t know how many songs were played already during the dance. The next thing I know, I am already enjoying his company so much. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Is this the right venue?” Jonghyun asked while driving slowly, near the entrance of a luxurious hotel.

 

“Yes.” Jungshin answered. “This is it.”

 

After the boys ask for valet parking, we went out of the car. I was nervous, my heart is beating fast but I was so eager at the same time. The dongsaengs remind me ahead that I am not invited, but I'm ready to face them. The only thing that's on my mind right now is to see and talk to Hyun.

 

Minhyuk wrapped his arm on my shoulder, “Hyung... Are you gonna be okay?” 

 

I nodded.

 

“Remember what we told you, okay? Just prepare if ever...” He reminded me. 

 

I nodded again like a child being instructed for the first time. I was behind the boys as we all walk to the entrance. I touched my pocket, checking again if I brought my gift for Seohyun. It's a ring I bought years ago. Without thinking twice, I bought it when I saw it during a concert in New York. Seeing this diamond ring, I felt that there's no other girl deserving to wear this except Seohyun. I bought it without knowing when to give it to her. And now is the time. 

 

Entering the hall, the entire venue is well-decorated, just perfect for Seohyun of course. I know most of the people here since there are a lot from the industry. 

 

Walking down the hall, it felt like a slow motion. That I want to remember every single step I make until I get to see Seohyun. 

 

Then I saw her. She was smiling brightly. Her wave dark brown hair flows, following her movements. She looks so elegant in that teal dress. Simple but very elegant and beautiful. She was the only one my eyes are seeing among the crowd. 

 

And then when the lights adjusted to my vision, I saw a man. With her. 

 

Flashback on the night at Niigata came to my mind. But I shook my head right away, and come to my senses. That won't happen again. I won't turn back again like what I did before. I took one step to approach Seohyun, but even before I move my other foot, a hand grabbed my hand and stopped me from walking further. 

 

“What are you doing here?!” Hyoyeon asked, her eyes glaring.

 

“Hyoyeon... I’ll explain everything later. I just want to talk to-”

 

“No! You are not going anywhere near her!” Hyoyeon whispered angrily , gripped me tighter.

 

Other SNSD members came near and Hyoyeon forcefully pull me on the side. 

 

“Who told you to come here?!” Taeyeon asked rudely. 

 

“We don’t remember inviting you here Jung Yonghwa.” Jessica added.

 

Then Tiffany come in between us. “Hey girls... Wait, wait... Chill first okay. Keep your voices low. Let’s not be rude.” 

 

“Hyung, Noona?” Thankfully, Jungshin approached. 

 

“Ya! Lee Jungshin! What did I tell you, huh?!” Hyoyeon slapped Jungshin. 

 

“Wait!” I interrupted. “This is not his fault, okay? I insisted on coming here. I just want to talk to Seohyun. That’s all. Please... Allow me.." I begged. 

 

“No!” Hyoyeon answered right away. 

 

I sighed deeply. “Please...”

 

A lot of No’s and all other reasons were said simultaneously by the SNSD members. I was like a disease everybody should avoid. But I accepted everything they said. However, my mind was preoccupied to defend myself and explain to them all the details. All I want is to see and talk to Seohyun. 

 

Everybody around me start to raise their voices a little. They start to argue. They even got mad at Jungshin and Minhyuk. Words on my mouth get in the way. I don't understand them anymore because they all talk at the same time. 

 

“Don’t ever come near Joohyun.” Those were the last words I heard from them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter