Chapter 4: Different.

1004 ( Trilogy to B.M.L & S.L.A )

It has been raining heavily since last night and the whole orphanage was super quiet except the tapping noise of the rain hitting the glass windows. She couldn’t sleep last night due to the rain and of course, she was scared and still unfamiliar with the place.

She started to wander around the building, hoping to find a way to get out of the orphanage just like what Rapmon would do. She was surprised by the sudden roar of the thunder and laughed quietly at herself. * Pabo. Its just thunder * She thought as she turned to the corner and strode down the stairs.

The awful taste of curry rice served for dinner was acting weird in her stomach and she sighed. * Did Bangtan had their dinner already? * She thought. She looked out of the big window right in the middle of the wall towards the common room.

“ when will it stop raining…. “ She mumbled and gentle combing her hair with her fingers, fixing it properly.

She turned to the direction of mumblings coming from the common room and frowned. * what? Why are there people at the common area at this time? Shoudnt they be sleeping right now? * She thought. She thought she was the only one who couldn’t sleep.

Na Rae walked to the common room and found the boys there, and quickly shifted her gaze away, walking passed them towards the little couch at the corner of the room.

The leader noticed her and his eyes followed her and he smiled. “ Looks like somebody else couldn’t sleep too “ He stated. Zelo nodded and grinned as he stopped playing with his skateboard. * I wonder why she cant sleep too. Is it because of the rain? * He thought while he tilited his head and looked at her curiously.

He looked away and smiled embarrassingly when she met his eyes. She was surprised that the guy who gave off a Jimin vibe was there too. * wow. He must be like Jimin, the smiling angel in the group * She thought and shrugged, looking away out of the window. The guy who asked for her name the other time was there too.

“ Jongup ah... bring this hot chocolate to her. She might want it. “ Yongguk instructed the cheetos boy over.

Jongup smiled and obeyed his orders, bringing the cup of hot chocolate to her while four pairs of eyes were watching him. He smiled and handed the cup to her and she blinked with a raised eyebrow.

“ Yongguk hyung wanted me to give you this. He said you might need it. “ Jongup smiled. He was smiling the whole time.

Na Rae tilted her head and saw Yongguk nodding his head, indicating it was from him. Just then, a guy popped out beside the couch.

“ Jongup’s right. Some hot chocolate might be good for tonight. Cold stormy night, nameless girl~ “ He flashed a flirtatious smile at her.

“ I have a name. “ Na Rae hissed and rolled his eyes and signaled Jongup to put the cup down on the side table infront of her.

Himchan smiled as though he had won the game on making her talk. “ Im Himchan. The handsome one here “ He introduced and winked, holding his hand out. She ignored his hand and there is no way she was going to shake hands with that flirt.

“ Na Rae. My name’s Na Rae. And thanks for that… “ She said. * Smiling angel is Jongup and this flirt here is Himchan. Leader over there is Yongguk and that kid with the skateboard is Zelo. Right. What about the other two. * She thought as her eyes drifted to the direction of the two other guys.

Himchan did a ‘yes’ sign and went off, jumping happily. Yongguk cant help but laugh at his dongsaeng. Jongup smiled and left her alone. Daehyun came to her with a pack of chips and offered her. All she did was look at him and not say anything, making him chuckle. * whats wrong with him * She thought irritatingly.

“ Jung Daehyun. Don’t be scared and worried. We’re all the same. We’re all here and we don’t bite. “ He told her his name as he munched on his chips and smiled.

“ We’re different “ She mumbled and he heard it.

He took the chips out and offered her, and she took it this time, putting it into . Daehyun looked at her from head to toe, he couldn’t seem to take his eyes off her. Na Rae felt his stare and furrowed her eyebrows, looking at him irritatingly.

He smiled and was embarrassed, taking his hand out and gently touch her head and fixed her bangs. He then, went off to Yongguk and whispered something to the leader. Na Rae was flustered by his sudden random action and sighed, shaking her head. “ Weird people. “ She uttered under her breathe and rolled her eyes.

One last member. She seemed to wait for the last member to approach her but he didn’t and she thought maybe he was different from the others. She couldn’t deny that she was attracted to him or maybe she was just curious why he hasn’t approach her while the rest were so eager to talk to her.

Her eyes started to feel heavy and she kept on dozing off and waking up as soons as her eyes closed. But soon, she fell asleep on the couch at the common area. Yongguk softened at the sight of it and approached her with a blanket, covering her and keeping her warm.

Zelo, Jongup, Daehyun and Himchan, one by one they went off to sleep as their tiredness kicked in. Youngjae was the last to leave.

“ Goodnight Hyung… sleep early~ “ Youngjae said.

Yongguk nodded and called him. “ Youngjae ah…. According to my observation, you’re the only one left. The others had introduced to her except you. I hope you try to open up your heart. We’re family. We have been here for so long, its time you should.  you know im saying? “ Yongguk stated.

Youngjae nodded. “ Ne Yongguk hyung. I’ll be going now “. He did a little bow and left the area, leaving Yongguk alone together with Na Rae.

He sat on the armchair with a bottle of alcohol as he looked her and thought of his past. His horrible past, just like the other five of them. * She must be here for a reason but who has the heart to even throw such a pretty lady in the orphanage… disgusting heartless creatures… * He thought and drank his alcohol.

Yongguk just couldn’t fall asleep. Na Rae woke up due to the sudden roar of the thunder and she muttered a curse under her breath. She checked the time on the wall and it was five o’clock in the morning. She was surprised to see the leader there.

He smiled and approached her, taking a stool and sat beside her. “ so.. what happened? “ He asked curiously and she was taken aback by his straightforwardness.

“ This and that. Nothing much. “ She replied him and he smiled.

His eyes trailed down and saw the necklace on her neck, the tattoo on her hand. “ nice tattoo… I have it too as you can see here “ He grinned and pointed his tattoos on his chest, his back, his arms.

“ anyways, I’ll tell you more about us. We have been here for a very long time and we’ve come to adapt it like our own house and we’re like family. Code number #011004 I was the first to enter here, I was alone until #021004 Himchan came and joined me. “ Yongguk told her.

Himchan was the second to enter the orphanage. His parents couldn’t control him and he was out of control. He had many girlfriends and he was a big flirt in the neighborhood and that caused their parents to worry. Furthermore, his parents went through a divorce and they couldn’t take him in so he was sent to Angel orphanage.

“ That’s so obvious “ Na Rae rolled her eyes and Yongguk chuckled.

“ Don’t get swayed by his sweettalks, its not gonna be good. #031004 Daehyun was the third member to be in. His whole family died in a car crash so the authority had no choice but to send him here. Anyways, Daehyun’s a nice guy. The only bad thing about him was he’s always eating, munching on something “ Yongguk shrugged and took a sip of his alcohol.

* Yeah. He was munching on a bag of chips a while ago. * She thought.

The fourth member was #041004 Yoo Youngjae. His parents worked for an electronic company which fixed, promote and sells electronic stuffs and Youngjae was one of the assistant in the company. Everytime something didn’t work out, His father would release his anger by beating Youngjae up. His mother couldn’t do anything to protect his son.

There was a time when the company went down and it had to close down, his father couldn’t do anything but to declare bankrupt and he strangled Youngjae, almost killing him. He was then sent to the orphanage.

“ Youngjae’s a little quiet but he’s nice overall. Don’t mind him. Im sure he’ll open up more and I hope you do open up to us too Na Rae. “ Yongguk stated.

Na Rae softened and pitied Youngjae, the only one who haven’t introduced himself to her.

“ #051004 Jongup was the fifth to be here. Oh I love that guy. He was the smiling angel, he was the happy virus in Angel orphanage. He brightens up this place even more. He’s nice and kind, cheerful. He was easy to get along with. Im sure both of you would get along real fast. He lived with his grandmother but she died that’s why he’s here. “ Yongguk shared.

“ Like Jimin “ She mumbled.

“ Sorry? What did you say? “ He asked.

Na Rae shook her head and smiled. She was embarrassed.

“ you should smile more. Being in here isn’t a bad thing. Just because those monsters throw us in here, we should boil in anger. No. Take things in an easy way and don’t think too much. That’s all you need to do. Right. #061004 Junhong was the last to be in here before you came. “ He suddenly remember about Zelo.

“ He told you  to call him Zelo. The one with the skateboard “ Na Rae said.

Yongguk nodded. “ He was the youngest out of everyone here. The maknae. He lives with his mother as his father passed away when he was a toddler. His mother was a psycho. Mentally ill, he locked Junhong up in small little dark room and didn’t give him food, making him starve almost four times a week. Living under a psychopath was the scariest thing in life. He made it out due his kind neighbors and they sent him here for the better. That’s why he’s afraid of the dark. Oh and thunder. He’s the crybaby here. So, everyone is different. Different past, different problems. “ He stated.

Na Rae nodded, absorbing everything he had told her. “ Thanks for sharing. “ She smiled a little.

He looked at her and waited. Na Rae raised an eyebrow. “ What? “ She hissed softly.

“ your turn. Whats your story? “ He asked curiously. Yongguk wanted to know so eargerly why she sent there. He wanted to know and maybe he could sort of help her or something.

“ Life’s a rollercoaster. That’s all. “ She stated.

“ hey, that’s not fair~ I told you so much girl “ He sulked.

“ You told me so much but you didn’t tell me about yourself. You just said you’re the first to be here and you’re here the longest. “ She grinned as she had won.

Yongguk nodded in satisfaction. * clever. Those people will definitely regret in putting her here. * He thought and admired the girl beside her.

“ I’ll take that rollercoaster as your reason on being here. See you later pal, im gonna wash up. See you at breakfast table “ Yongguk bodded goodbye and left.

* Everyone’s different indeed. * She thought while she played with her necklace.