Chapter 10: #041004 & #081004.

1004 ( Trilogy to B.M.L & S.L.A )

It was another day for her at the orphanage and she was trying her best to adapt in the new environment. Of course, she still missed Bangtan dearly but she needs to move on too. Thinking on the bright side, she was slowly, starting to like the place. Well, she was counting the days to Bangtan’s release too.

The usual morning routine. Breakfast with the six guys at the eatery with the bowl of disgusting cereal that she was slowly getting used of it. She was most comfortable with the leader, Yongguk as obvious and probably Jongup as he reminded her of Jimin.

Daehyun would randomly treat her to banana milk as it was the only milk she would drink of that machine at the corner. Himchan would teased and sweettalked to her occasionally but she couldn’t care less. Zelo would go around, sharing his skating experience with her and would sometimes teach her how to skate on his skateboard.

Except, Youngjae. He was still a little distant to her. He wouldn’t talk, make the first conversation to her but he remembered her smile that day. It stayed in his mind for some time. She hasn’t had her first health check due to what had happened the last time.

A different siren rung through the building and the six guys grumbled and rolled their eyes. She furrowed her eyebrows at the different sound. It was household cleaning which the guys hated.

The caretaker walked into the common room and Zelo cursed, earning a stare from Yongguk.

“ Household cleaning this afternoon. The names I call out will be on duty roster today. “ She announced.

“ Damn it. I hope its not gonna be me again. “ Daehyun rolled his eyes.

Jongup, the kind soul too, was hoping hard that it wasn’t him.

“ #081004 Jang Na Rae “ She stated and all eyes were on her.

She didn’t like that thought already but she kept her cool. Jongup went to her and gave a little squueze on her shoulder.

“ its gonna be alright, pal. Im sure they would go easy on a girl “ Jongup smiled.

* Right…… * She thought, disbelieving it.

That one person seemed to be tensed up when his name was called after her. Youngjae, It was and the five of them looked at him. Na Rae looked at him too, doubting that he would help.

He accepted it coolly and the five of them sighed in relief. Cleaning up of the household chores stared right away as she followed him to the janitor’s room to take the things.

Youngjae opened the door and took the broom out for her, taking another one for himself. They began sweeping the floors of everyone’s room. She started with Zelo’s and she was amazed at the amount of skateboards he had in his room. * Wow. This kid sure has lots of money to buy skates * She thought as she quickly swept up his room.

He started with Na Rae’s room as it was just down the corridor but she didn’t know. He went in and closed the door behind him. Of course, it was clean and neat just like any other girl’s room. He swept the floor and was surprised at how there wasn’t any dust.

Youngjae took a turn and saw her belongings, especially her clothes still in her bag. He softened and smiled a little. * cute…. Ready to run any time? * He thought and swept up the last bit and off he went to his hyungs room to clean up.

After they had done the sweeping, they took the towels to wash. Each one of them had a different colour. Yongguk’s towel was red, pink for Himchan, white for Daehyun, Yellow for Youngjae, Green for Jongup and Blue for Zelo. Youngjae raised his eyebrows at the colour of her towel. Hers was black. How on earth does a girl have a black towel and the guys had brighter colours than her’s. It was a total opposite.

Youngjae moved nearer to her and reached out for her, helping her to hang the towel on the laundry line.

“ Thanks Youngjae…. “ She thanked him, thinking whether she should add an oppa behind.

As though he could hear her thoughts, he told her the year he was born and she nodded.

“ 1995 liner “ She smiled.

Again, he softened at her smile. Weirdly, her smile made him calm down everytime. He felt comfortable.

Soon, they finished with simple chores and sat on the wooden bench just outside the yard. Na Rae came back with two cups of icecream that she had bought from the icecream machine just beside the orphanage office and handed him a cup.

Youngjae looked at her in surprise as it was the first time someone had offered him icecream. He kindly took it and thanked her, giving Na Rae a smile that she has never seen since the day she stepped her feet into this building.

Yongguk was watching them after having a chat in the office. He smiled. * hope both of you could open up your hearts, especially you, youngjae ah…. It’s a good progress * He thought and walked away with a light heart.

“ you know, you have a nice smile “ She complimented and he blushed a little.

Not like his brothers, friends in the Angel Orphanage are good, but having Na Rae together was better and Youngjae couldn’t deny it. * Acts all tough but afterall she has a cute side * He thought as his heart started to lighten up.