Chapter 19: Third & Fourth Time.

1004 ( Trilogy to B.M.L & S.L.A )

The bickerings between of Na Rae and Sungyeol has never stopped. It has been weeks. Zelo, Jongup and Daehyun weren’t on good terms with Sungyeol. Youngjae wasn’t really interested in other people but ever since he became closer to Na Rae, he has been paying attention to her. Same for Youngjae, he wasn’t on good terms with him. They were never seen exchanging conversations with each other.

It was practically almost the same everyday at Angel Orphanage. She was having health checks twice a week just to see if she was well physically and mentally. She wore her clothes back and headed out of the nurse room and sighed in relief. * Im healthy. Im always healthy * She thought and a smile appeared on her face.

She smoothened her clothes and went to the common room to find no one there. She didn’t know if this was good anymore. She was kinda always expecting to see any of them. She wondered why and shook her thoughts away.

A tap on her shoulder made her turn around and she frowned after knowing who it was.

“ Why the frown dummy “ Sungyeol said in a cocky tone and went to the vending machine, trying to choose which drink he wanted.

“ Because you appeared… stickman “ She rolled her eyes and blew a raspberry.

Sungyeol whipped her around and pushed her against the vending machine and the drink was dispensed. He was so close and she could feel his breath. He blinked after realizing how close he was to her and cleared his throat and loosen his grip on her shoulders.

“ omg this guy is crazy “ Na Rae hissed and pushed him away.

Youngjae came to the common room to see what the commotion was about and frowned. * Why are they being left alone… why are they together * He thought.

Sungyeol open the lid and was surprised and took the drinks out.

“ Yah pabo! Look what I’ve got. Not one but two drinks. Lady luck is on you dummy~ “ He joked sarcastically and handed her the other drink.

“ oh?.... orange juice? “ She blinked and looked at the juice in his hand.

“ Take it… its free anyways… my hand is precious so don’t make me wait “ He hissed softly.

Na Rae reached out to the drink and Youngjae grabbed her hand.

“ Oh! Youngjae! “ She smiled and his heart started to race.

Sungyeol looked at her and his smirk disappeared. * Havent seen her smile before… how could she smile like that to the other guy and always giving that pissed face when she’s with me * He thought and looked at the juice in his hand.

“ you “ He cursed and threw the juice into the bin and stomped out of the common room.

“ That guy’s on period I tell you…. “ Na Rae rolled her eyes.

“ Come on lets go “ Youngjae took her and headed to the garden.

She looked at Youngjae’s hand holding her wrist and looked at him again. Youngjae realized and left go off of her hand and cleared his throat awkwardly. She looked around and not seeing the other five.

Youngjae made her sit down and gave a big cup of icecream. “ Double banana and mixed oreo bits icecream for you… it’s the new flavor at the icecream shop “ He told her and sat down beside her.

“ Gomawoyo Youngjae….. oppa “ She smiled and took her first spoon of icecream.

His heart raced again after hearing her call him oppa and her smile made his heart raced again.

“ Its delicious “ Her smile was bigger and she took her second spoon of icecream.

Youngjae lightly smiled and digged in his icecream too. He had the same flavor. The combination was weird but it tastes weirdly delicious and sweet. He looked at her eating happily and that somehow calmed his heart.

Yongguk came back after settling some stuffs for the late CEO of Angel Orphanage. He walked past the garden and turned to look curiously. His trademark gummy smile has appeared once again after a long time. “ That’s right. Open your hearts and live happily and no worries… I see the both of you are doing good “ He mumbled.

The sight of them sitting there and eating their icecream and occasionally commented on something and the smiles on their faces made Yongguk feel like there was nothing impossible in this world.

A nudge on his arm made him snap out of his world. “ Hyung! You’re back “ Jongup was so happy to see the leader.

“ Where’s Zelo? “ Yongguk asked and Jongup shrugged.

He was surprised to see Youngjae and Na Rae at the garden. “ oh! Youngjae hyung and Na Rae! “ He was smiling. Yongguk chuckled at his dongsaeng.

“ They look good together don’t they? “ He was…..satisfied.

Jongup nodded in agreement. “ Ah! Yongguk hyung! Daehyun wants you to refill his snacks and Himchan hyung is down with a cold…. The nurse has given him some cold relief pills. He should be fine. “ Jongup told him.

“ Any idea where Zelo went? “ He asked in concern.

Jongup shook his head and shrugged. Zelo was at the back of the orphanage. His skateboard had skidded too fast and went through the grill and out of the orphanage, and dropped into the deep drain. Yongguk and Jongup decided to look for him in the building.

“ I remembered you were the last to talk to me “ She stated as she took her last spoon of icecream.

“ oh… mianhae…. “ He apologized and his empty cup of icecream away. He did the same for Na Rae’s.

“ Its alright now isn’t it.. we got closer “ She smiled. Youngjae’s heart raced again and again.

By the fourth time, he knew it was her. His heart was reaching for her. He didn’t realize it at first but now he did. She looked at Youngjae and her eyes shifted to his scar on his cheek. She softened.

“ I heard about you. Your story “ She said.

“ about me? My story? “ Youngjae was surprised and embarrassed. The last thing he wanted her to know was about his past but too bad, she already knows it.

“ Yongguk oppa told me. He told me about everyone. “ She told Youngjae.

He nodded slowly. He was still embarrassed. She hesitated for awhile and reached out to his face. He blinked in surprise. She gently touched the scar on his cheek and his heart tingled and his heart raced double the speed.

“ Its going to be fine. You’re protected here. I mean I believe you’re protected here. Its an orphanage. Don’t look back into the past and looked at ahead. Present and the future. Everything will be fine. “ She stated and gently traced that little line of scar on his cheek.

Somehow she was saying it to herself. Her heart ached and she missed Bangtan. She didn’t cry, not anymore, and not infront of someone. Youngjae looked at her. Her eyes looked sad. * Did she tell Yongguk about her story? * He thought curiously. He wanted to know more about her.

“ Did Yongguk tell you his story? “ He asked.

Na Rae shook her head. “ He has stayed here the longest. That’s all I know “ She shrugged.

“ Wanna know? “ He asked.

She nodded with a smile and waited patiently for him to tell her about Yongguk.

“ Yongguk hyung stayed here the longest. Spending his youth here I supposed. Sajangnim opened this orphanage and has no kids and since he found Yongguk on the street, he decided to take him in and looked after him like he was his own son. I heard he was about five that time. He has been living in this orphanage for a long long time. But one day Sajangnim was ill, severely ill and he passed away. He had no one and only relied on Sajangnim. He was like his father and he looked up to him. Himchan was the second to be in this place and he was the only one among the five of us who has ever seen Sajangnim, along with Yongguk. “ Youngjae stated.

Na Rae was in her thoughts and she felt sorry for Yongguk. She was apologetic towards him. Her eyes were teary but she controlled. “ He was always the one who cheer for us I noticed but no one has cheered and cared for him “ She said. Youngjae nodded.

She looked at the grass and the flowers swayed a little when the wind blew. After a silent moment, Youngjae looked at her.

“ Will you tell me your story? “ He asked Na Rae.