Chapter 30: The Confession That I Fear.

1004 ( Trilogy to B.M.L & S.L.A )

It was freezing. The temperature has dropped another ten degrees in the middle of the night. She slightly moved and she opened her eyes slowly. She was in a daze and yawned. She looked down to her hand, wanting to check the time but surprised at seeing the jacket over her and Yongguk sleeping soundly with his head on the armrest of her favourite armchair.

She softened at the sight of it and felt bad for hurting Yongguk. She checked the time and it was dawn, almost 5.30am. She scratched her head and let out a yawn again. She took his jacket away and covered him with it. Looking at him with guilt and sorry, she smoothened his bangs and whispered an apology.

She stayed there for a little while more and left the common room to her room. With a sigh, she closed the door behind her and her mind wandered to Rapmon and Bangtan...again. Weirdly, she was thinking of Youngjae too, and Jin. It was hard for her.

Shaking her thoughts awat, she quickly washed up and changed into clean clothes and headed down for breakfast. She sighed in relief as she came into the eatery with no one around. She took whatever she wanted, the usual and sat down at the table. She combed her hair to one side and ate a spoon of scambled egg.

Just then, foodsteps were heard, gradually getting louder and louder as the person approached the eatery. It was Daehyun. He yawned with a smile as he gazed hungrily at the delicious breakfast table withhout noticing that Na Rae was already there. She was awkward when she saw who it was and lowered her head, eating another spoon of scrambled egg and putting the bacon into .

Daehyun took his food and turned around to the table and stopped when he saw Na Rae sitting there. Sit or not, he was thinking hard. She took a glance at him and back eating her food. He shook the thoughts away and headed to Na Rae, sitting down 30 centimetres beside her. He gulped and popped one of the buiscuits into his mouth.

It was an awkward atmosphere. Both of them ate their food without uttering a word. Himchan was next and he stopped at the entrance. * Awkward…. . What do I do… is she okay with Daehyunnie already? * He thought and slowly made his way to the food table while occasionally stealing glances at the both of them.

Jongup and Zelo were next. Jongup didn’t bother to grab his food first when he saw his friend at the table. With a smile, he headed to where Daehyun and Na Rae were sitting.

“ Morning Na Rae ah! You’re really early “ Jongup greeted her all smiley. As expected from the smiling angel.

Na Rae softened and nodded, making Jongup’s smile even widder. Her response was enough to make him full without even having breakfast. Zelo was already sitted down with his burger and he greeted her too. All she did was just nodd. Daehyun took a little glance at her and sighed. Himchan was awkward as well.

Daehyun looked at the custard tart on his tray and placed it on her tray without even having to think about it.

She looked at him in surprise and Daehyun avoided eye contact, popping strawberries into his mouth. “ Kamsahamnida “ She mumbled softly and his lips curled into a soft little smile. Jongup kept on talking to her while he ate his food and she listened. Youngjae entered the eatery and Na Rae smiled alittle when she saw him and ate the tart that Daehyun gave her.

Youngjae smiled too as she sat down beside her, greeting her and dugged into his food. She looked at the clock on the wall and Yongguk didn’t appear. She hesitated before opening to speak.

“ where’s Bang Yongguk? “ She asked.

Daehyun nearly choked on his bacons as she finally spoke. Youngjae kindly patted his back. Himchan kept quiet. He was uneasy at her calling everyone on their full name.

Zelo shrugged and popped cherries into his mouth and smirked.

“ ah Yonggukkie hyung has to go settle some letter stuffs for sajangnim. I met him on the way when I was coming down here.. if you’re gonna ask for Sungyeollie hyung too, he’s having health checks at the moment.  “ Jongup stated as he drank his favuorite chocolate mix.

She took her phone out and looked at the black screen. It has been so long since she received any texts or calls. She was hoping just anyone would do. She didn’t dare to on her phone as she might see the wallpaper on it. It was a picture of Jin and her. Just anyone who could send her a text so that the wallpaper would show up instead of her switching on intentionally. Sighing, she placed her phone on the table and caught Zelo’s eyes.

“ Noona~ woah~ your phone is so pretty~ How I wish I had a phone, all I had was skateboards and skateboards and cherry tomato “ He giggled, making her smile alittle.

* Gomawo Junhong ah for making her smile * The five of them thought in symc.

Zelo was curious and he tapped the phone screen and the screen lighted up with the wallpaper showing out. “ oh! Nugu? “ He was surprised at that guy, making Youngjae turned and saw that photo. He felt weird, he envied, he was jealous of that guy. Na Rae didn’t answer Zelo. She couldn’t, she felt like there was something stuck in .

“ ohhhh noona~ don’t tell me he’s your boyfriend? But honestly, both of you looked cute together “ Jongup smiled. That comment made Youngjae rolled his eyes.

 

Morning and breakfast ended like that, awkward, uneasy, anxious and curious. The weather wasn’t as cold as yesterday but still, it was freezing. She wondered where all the birds had gone to as well as the butterflies. She used to see them everywhere.

That photo was lingering on Youngjae’s mind since that morning. He wanted to know everything. Everything about her, everything concerning about her. He was feeling uneasy. He checked the time and 10 hours had passed just by thinking and feeling uneasy about it. * Does she really have a boyfriend? That was what I feared most. Just what if she’s somebody’s else’s, then what about me? * He thought.

He shook his thoughts away and took his precious phone out from his drawer. His precious phone that he havent been using for years. He checked if there was still battery and was still working fine. He left his room with determination and headed to the rooftop. His instinct told him she was up there.

His heart fluttered when he saw her when he came to the rooftop. He sat down beside her and smiled. She smiled too. Without any hesitation, he took his phone out from his pocket.

“ Lets take pictures Na Rae ah “ He said.

She looked at him and his phone and she knew he was jealous and nodded. The clicking sound of the phone was heard throughout as they took lots of pictures and they were having fun with it.

Youngjae secretly took a picture of her alone and she noticed, grabbing his phone but he stood up and stretched his hand up so that she couldn’t reach. She tiptoed and jumped to reach for his phone.

They were so close, they were having skinships. His heart pounded loudly as he looked at her as though the time has stopped. Her long eyelashes, her sharp nose and her pink soft lips. He wanted to kiss her.

She pouted and sat back down on the bench and he snapped out of his little fantasy.

“ Na Rae ah. I have something to say. I want to tell you something “ Youngjae said.

He was serious and that made her scared. She feared. She was afraid of what he was going to tell her. * Don’t… please don’t Yoo Youngjae * She thought and her heart thumped anxiously.

He couldn’t lose another minute. He was going to confess to her before anything happened.

“ Oppa. Lets go back down to the common room. I think Jongup and Zelo are there.. Lets go find them “ She tried to divert the subject.

“ Im serious Na Rae. Please listen to what I am going to say. “ Youngjae stated.

She wanted to leave but her legs wouldn’t move. Youngjae closed his eyes and swallowed his saliva and took a deep breathe, opening his eyes again.

“ I like you. I like you Na Rae ah. Jang Na Rae, I like you. “ He finally confessed to her.

The confession she feared. She heard it all. She didn’t feel anything when Sungyeol confessed but she definitely felt it with Youngjae but she was trying to deny herself. The confession she feared. He said it thrice. She heard it clearly.

“ I fell in love with you and Im not letting you go… “ He continued his confession.

His confession made her melt and her knees went weak. She didn’t want it because of Jin but her heart and mind and soul was betraying her.

“ I….  “ She couldn’t continue.

“ if what Jongup said was true about that photo in your phone, forget it. I don’t know what happened but you’re here. Forget the past and start anew, start a new relationship with me… “ Youngjae confessed.

Her eyes went red. Her eyes were teary. She shook her head a little but Youngjae held her hand.

“ Im selfish. I know Im selfish but you’re the one who opened my heart. You saved me from this deep darkness and no one can replace you. I will protect you, so don’t go and be with me… “ He stated.

Na Rae bit her lips. She was in a difficult spot. She couldn’t deny what he said was half right. Youngjae touched her face gently. “ I like you. I love you Na Rae. I love you sweetheart “ He said it again.

Sweetheart. She trembled, her heart trembled. It was what Jin has always called her. He leaned in close with his eyes closed and his lips touched hers. Her lips were soft just like how he thought it would be.

A tear slipped down onto her face and Youngjae wiped it away with his thumb while his lips were still on hers. He slipped his hand to the back of her neck as he kissed her again. His heart was thumping so fast as he kissed her.

She responded to his kisses after a few minutes of mind blank and another tear slipped down onto her face. * Im sorry, Jin. * She thought. She would never forget the guilt she has in her.

 

The phone rang and she reached out and answered. Her eyes widdened as though it was gonna pop out.

“ What did you say again? Its ing December. Its not April, stop with your april fool’s joke.. “ Miss Jae hissed.

“ Is this 1004 Jail Clinic? One of the inmate that has escaped from the prison has been admitted to Seoul hospital and his condition isnt very good.  “ One of the nurse spoke.

Her eyes widdened even more. NO. She was scared. Her eyes got teary. “ Whats the name of the inmate? “ She asked with a trembling voice.

“ green jumpsuit with a code number 100403. It says Kim Nam Joon on the tag on the back of his jumpsuit. “ The nurse replied.

The phone slipped right out of her hand and dropped onto the floor. Her knees weakened and she held onto her table to stable herself. “ Nam Joon ah… “ She whispered in disbelief. She felt like something sharp has perced through her heart.