Chapter 7

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 7: I CAN EXPLAIN

 

“He’s not responding.” Sunggyu stated. He then bent down to check Jongup’s breathing before he proceeded with the pulse. Feeling no pulse and that Jongup was not breathing, the doctor immediately tilted the young boy’s head backward and opened his mouth by pulling his jaw forward. Sunggyu once again put his ear near Jongup’s nose and received the same result – no breathing. He sat on his knees and started to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

 

“Jongup!” Through his panting, Taehyung called as he slid himself down next to Daehyun who did not even tear his eyes from watching intensely at Jongup and Sunggyu. Sunggyu strongly breathed four times into the boy’s mouth as he pinched his nose. For the third time, he put his ear near Jongup’s mouth and watched the chest movement. He repeated the cycle twice before Jongup finally coughed out water. Sunggyu silently sighed in relief.

 

Daehyun and Taehyung instantly hovered over Jongup who was gradually gaining his consciousness. The poor boy groaned slightly due to the burning sensation he felt at his chest and upon hearing his name being called numerous of times, he tried to open his eyes but they felt so heavy and hard to open. Jongup could feel someone grabbed his hand before squeezed it gently. The hand felt warm…very comfortable that he unknowingly grasped it back.

 

“Let’s take him inside.” Sunggyu commanded and Taehyung immediately grabbed the towel that was handed by Jaejoong and wrapped it around Jongup’s body. He carefully slipped his arms at the back of Jongup’s neck and knees before he hoisted the small boy up in his arms. The hold of the hands was gone and Jongup tried to reach for it again only to feel empty cold air. He eventually gave up and let tiredness consume him.

 

Everyone watched as Taehyung took Jongup into the mansion, followed by Sunggyu who would give further treatment to the boy. Murmurs were heard among the crowds and the Jungs apologized for what happened before they proceeded with the party. Daehyun heaved a heavy sigh as he watched them disappear in the mansion.

 

“Daehyun-ah…” Said person turned his head and was met with Baekhyun’s curious eyes. He quickly averted his gaze to somewhere else as he stood up and murmured something about changing into new dry clothes to Baekhyun. Without giving any glance to his brother, he left Baekhyun dumbfounded. This can’t be… Baekhyun wordlessly watched Daehyun made his way toward the mansion.

 

“Baek hyung.” Jongdae’s call made Baekhyun looked at the former and they exchanged meaningful look. Daehyun’s slowly changing… A happy smile was stretched on their lips. Why would they be happy? Because the Jung Daehyun they knew was starting to care for other people beside his family…because the normal Jung Daehyun would not do what he did today. Why did they think like that? Obviously, who would jump into the pool when one was few meters away from the victim? Why did not he wait for any person who was near the drowning victim to save him? Why did he look so worried or scared if something bad were to happen to the victim? Why he did not react like that toward his previous maids?

 

The answer was simple. That was because Jung Daehyun was starting to care for that new person who came into his life – Moon Jongup. He probably did not notice it and even if he did, he would definitely deny it. So, Baekhyun and Jongdae decided to just keep it to themselves and continued observing the small changes that Daehyun started to show.

 

Meanwhile, the Kims who were still surprised with the incident kept silent. They eyed each other before they turned their eyes toward Myungsoo. The latter was seen to be in his world as he kept staring blankly at the mansion. Himchan slowly approached his mother before he pulled Myungsoo into his embrace. He exchanged look with the uncles and aunties before he spoke.

 

“Mom, it’s okay. I’m here now.” A single tear slid down from Myungsoo’s sad eyes before he returned the hug. The earlier incident brought back the unforgettable memory and trauma he had couple of years ago. He was lucky to have Himchan and Sunggyu who would always be there to give support to him.

 

 

“Thank you.” Jongup said as he handed an empty glass to Taehyung who smiled at him. There was only the two of them in the guess room as Sunggyu already excused himself to join back the party while Taehyung decided to accompany Jongup before he went back to his dorm that night. His manager was on his way to pick him up because they had an early show the next day morning, so they needed to have some practice that night.

 

“How are you feeling?” Taehyung asked as he shifted his body so that he would sit closer to Jongup who was leaning his back against the headboard of the queen bed.

 

“I’m good.” Jongup replied.

 

“I’m glad that nothing bad happened to you.” They stayed silence for seconds before Jongup suddenly let out a soft giggle. Taehyung turned to look at him with questioning look.

 

“What’s funny?” Jongup shook his head slightly before he spoke.

 

“A few hours ago we talked about pool and swimming and that I admitted that I can’t swim. Tonight, I even showed you that I can’t swim.” Jongup nonchalantly said. A frown started to appear on Taehyung’s face upon hearing those words. What?

 

“Jongup, it’s not funny.” Taehyung’s deep voice sounded so serious that Jongup could feel shiver ran down his spine. He glanced at Taehyung beside him only to avert his gaze to the thick white towel that was wrapping around him because man, Taehyung’s serious face was quite intimidating. He unconsciously bit his bottom lips as he played with the towel.

 

“I-I’m sorry. You’re so serious that I thought we need something to lighten up the mood.” Jongup murmured guiltily. Taehyung’s brows creased before he formed a smile on his face. He playfully pinched Jongup’s cheek as he replied.

 

“Don’t joke around with something like that, okay?  It’s seriously not funny.” Jongup cutely scrunched up his nose as he tried to pry Taehyung’s hand from pinching his soft cheek. They laughed when Jongup poked Taehyung’s waist in return.

 

Taehyung’s phone suddenly gave off a sound of an incoming call. He answered and told his manager that he would be downstairs in 5 minutes. The idol ended the call and pouted toward Jongup.

 

“I’ve to go now.” Jongup smiled as he waved cutely toward Taehyung.

 

“Goodbye.”

 

“We’ll meet again, okay? Goodbye for now.” Taehyung said before he quickly planted a kiss on Jongup’s cheek. Jongup widened his eyes in surprise due the unexpected kiss. He was speechless that he could only watch Taehyung left the room while humming to a song.

 

Daehyun hesitantly made his way toward the guess room. He already changed and contemplated whether he should go check on Jongup or not. As he was in the midst of doubting his action, he saw Taehyung was coming out of the room and he froze in his spot. They’re really getting along pretty well, huh?

 

“Oh, Dae hyung.” Taehyung greeted happily as he approached Daehyun.

 

“How’s he?” The older asked. He purposely did not say Jongup’s name.

 

“He’s fine. Uncle Sunggyu said that if he feels dizzy or not feeling well, he has to have a checkup at the hospital.” Taehyung briefly explained and Daehyun meekly nodded his head.

 

“Why are you so happy?” Daehyun’s question made Taehyung’s smile wider. He remembered what he did to Jongup before he left the guess room. The idol took a deep breath before he replied.

 

“I’m just so happy and Jongup is so cute and…I’m falling for him.” Taehyung confessed gleefully. Daehyun unconsciously clenched his jaw as those words lingered in his head.  He did not know why but he honestly did not like that Taehyung and Jongup were in a very good term… better than his and Jongup’s. Taehyung was going to the staircase when Daehyun suddenly grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

 

“Taehyung-ah…”

 

“Why, Dae hyung?”

 

“Jongup already has a boyfriend.” Daehyun stated matter-of-factly. He expected Taehyung to be surprise and felt frustrated of the untold fact of Jongup’s status but what happened next was beyond his imagination.

 

“Oh, I know about it…but that doesn’t mean I can’t like him.” Taehyung retorted back. Daehyun was utterly surprised that he unthinkingly blurted out something quite unpleasant.

 

“You can’t like him. He’s only a maid, Taehyung-ah. What if he’s good to you just to take advantage of you?” Taehyung looked at him as if he had grown horns on his head. Why is Dae hyung like this? He has no right to say that about Jongup. He’s being ridiculous. He silently snorted before he pulled his wrist from Daehyun’s grasp.

 

“What’s so wrong of being a maid? And what’s so wrong of liking one? You don’t know Jongup...and hah! You don’t even want to get to know him. So stop saying things about Jongup, hyung.” Taehyung said defensively. Daehyun silently scoffed.

 

“You’re saying as if you know him too well.”

 

“That’s what exactly I’m trying to do…trying to know him better.” Taehyung sighed before he continued.

 

“Look, hyung. No harm trying to know him, okay? You might even fall for him.” Daehyun snickered at that. That’s really a lame joke. I’d never fall for him… or anyone. That’s just wasting of my time.

 

“Fall for him? Woo, that will never happen.”

 

“Whatever, hyung. I’m going…” With that being said, Taehyung turned his body and walked away.

 

Daehyun watched as Taehyung’s back was no longer in sight. He stared into blank space as his mind replayed back Taehyung’s words before he quickly shook the thoughts off. That’s all nonsense. You don’t even have to think about it, Daehyun. He stalked his way to the guess room and without knocking on the door, he swung it open before he entered the room. Jongup was shocked with Daehyun’s appearance that he automatically sat up straight on the bed.

 

“Feeling better?”  As always, Daehyun greeted him with that significant cold voice of his. Jongup nodded his head and was about to reply his young master when the latter bit him first.

 

“So, what are you waiting for like a princess here?” Daehyun asked as he folded his arms in front of his chest. Jongup blinked his eyes in confusion. He hesitantly wanted to open his mouth to ask but when he thought about it, he decided to let it pass as he did not want to get lash out again. The young boy unknowingly puffed out his cheeks and pouted his lips at the same time in order to prevent his mouth from slipping out any words.

 

 “Go change and get down in 5 minutes. I’ll send you home.” The young master commended before he turned his body to go out of the room. He frowned in annoyance because once again, he was distracted by Jongup’s naturally cute action. Not wanting to get c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter