Chapter 12

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 12: DO YOU MISS ME, WIFEY?

 

TRUST? Jongup internally sighed. He was now afraid of putting his trust in people. Genuinely trusting in people was what made him this hurt. It was because of that trust that put him in this so much pain. So, why should he put his trust in other people? People that he barely knew for three months? Did that even make sense? Even the people that he knew for years could betray and hurt him, terribly crashing down the trust that he built in them…so, should he? Could it not be okay if he just had a little insecurity in him and tried to not let people ask him to trust them? Was it fair enough? Jongup’s head felt heavy with those thoughts.   

 

“Ah…” Jongup whimpered when he suddenly felt dizzy. Daehyun became alert and instantly pulled the younger away so that he could know what was wrong. The boy gently massaged his temple. Worry etched on the older’s face.

 

“Jongup, are you okay?” Daehyun lowered his head down a bit so that he could see Jongup’s frowned face. The maid shook his head slowly. He unconsciously gripped the front shirt of his master when he felt like his stand suddenly lost its balance. Daehyun immediately put his arms around Jongup, so that the latter would not fall.

 

“Dizzy…”

 

Daehyun was about to ask something when the door was pushed open and a nurse came in before she switched on the light at the door. She let out an ‘ops’ before apologizing for she thought that she was disturbing them.

 

“No. You’re here at the right time. He suddenly feels dizzy.” Daehyun slowly walked Jongup back to the bed and helped the latter to lie on it. The nurse quickly checked the boy while Daehyun worriedly looked at him.

 

“Oh…Jongup-ssi. Your blood pressure drops a bit tonight.” The nurse said as she jotted down the reading on the clipboard she brought along. Daehyun creased his brows.

 

“Will he be okay?”

 

“As for now, Jongup-ssi needs to have a good rest…I’ll come back in four hours to check on him again.” The nurse explained and excused herself to go to the next patient’s room. Daehyun thanked her before he turned his attention back to the now lying Jongup. The latter was seen biting his bottom lips as he looked up, meeting his master’s concerned eyes.

 

“I’m sorry…” Jongup whispered. Daehyun sighed as he pulled the blacket so that it draped on Jongup’s torso. He knew the other was feeling sorry for troubling him. Daehyun sat on the wooden chair and without a warning, he reached out to gently massage Jongup’s temple. The latter was surprised and was about to stop his master when Daehyun was fast to cut him off.

 

“Shh… go to sleep, Moon Jongup. It’s only 4 in the morning.” Daehyun said before he gently ran his hand that was massaging Jongup’s temple over the boy’s eyes, indirectly forcing the latter to close his eyes.

 

The maid mumbled a thank you before he let himself drown in the soothing massage. His head was feeling better but because of his crying his heart out session before made him tired, he was fast to fall asleep. Daehyun brushed the fridge that was covering Jongup’s forehead away and immersed himself into taking in the boy’s beautiful face. I know it’s hard for you, Jongup. But I want you to know that you can always rely on me.

 

“Goodnight, Jongup.”

 

 

“So, are you going straight home, office or hospital?” Jongdae asked Daehyun as they stepped out of Gimpo International Airport. Due to unavoidable circumstances, the young man, together with his secretary--best friend needed to go out of town to meet with their project partner who was in Austalia. The matters were important and needed to be settled immediately, leaving Daehyun with no choice but to leave Jongup under his other family members’ care.

 

“Hospital.” Daehyun simply replied as he adjusted his sunglasses. Jongdae secretly smiled when he heard his friend’s answer. Daehyun was definitely changing. Though he knew his friend would not admit it out loud, he could see that the other was actually cared for his maid. In fact, he could say Daehyun paid a little bit more attention than he should to Jongup that sometimes made him wonder…was Daehyun really cared for him out of concern as an employer or was it because of something else?

 

“How is Jongup now?” Jongdae and Daehyun put their luggage into the car boot before entering the Jung’s car that was already there to pick them up. Jongdae knew about Jongup’s condition, courtesy of his noisy mouth and Daehyun’s story sharing…he felt sorry for Jongup as well. He had no one to hold onto now and that he had to raise his own child by himself.

 

“Hmm, Auntie Myungsoo said he’s getting better. Wait, I wanna make a phone call.” Daehyun straightaway put his phone to his ear and listened to the dial tone. Jongdae arched his eyebrows in anticipation.

 

“Hello, Auntie Myungsoo?”

 

“Oh, Daehyun-ah.”

 

“Is everything okay? Did Jongup have a nightmare too last night?” Concern laced every single word that slipped out of Daehyun’s mouth. Jongdae suppressed an ‘aww’ before it escaped from his mouth. Like seriously, was this Daehyun that he knew for the past few years? He was totaling changing! And he liked the fact that Daehyun was going back to be the old Daehyun again. Did he always call to know about Jongup? He freaking knew that his maid had nightmare or not. Whoa, this is daebak! This is new!

 

“Unfortunately yes. Poor kid. I really wish I could do something about it.” Myungsoo sighed. Daehyun rubbed his temple as he heard the expected news. It had been five days that Jongup had to be admitted, and to his dismay, he had to go for the emergency business trip for two days. For those two days was a big concern for Daehyun because Jongup suddenly had nightmares and that he was not around when it happened. According to Myungsoo who was willing to accompany Jongup for the nights, Jongup was shaking, sweating, mumbling something like ‘Please don’t do this to me’ and ‘Don’t hurt my baby’ repetitively and even crying in his sleep.

 

“I’m on my way to the hospital, Auntie.” Daehyun informed as he was really worried about Jongup’s wellbeing now.

 

“Oh, you’re back already?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Daehyun-ah, you don’t have to go to the hospital. Just come to my house. Jongup has been discharged and we’re on the way back.” Daehyun was surprised upon hearing those words.

 

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me, Auntie Soo?”

 

“What? I texted you. You didn’t receive it?” Myungsoo asked back, confusion was heard in his tone. Daehyun kept silence as he cursed under his breath. It was his fault for not checking his inbox message first and directly called Myungsoo.

 

“Sorry, my bad. I didn’t check my inbox. How’s he now?”

 

“Well, he fell asleep while listening to Taehyung’s story telling.” Myungsoo nonchalantly replied.

 

“What?!” Daehyun snapped as he took off his sunglasses, surprising Jongdae who had been listening to Daehyun’s phone call conversation. What the hell? How come that kid is with Jongup right now? Should not he be at his company, practicing for their comeback or something?

 

“What what?” Myungsoo asked back, clearly did not understand why Daehyun was so surprised about it. The young Jung immediately realized what he did and cleared his throat.

 

“I mean…Shouldn’t Tae be busy right now? He should be training for their promotional album or comeback, or something…right?” Daehyun tried to sound as casual as possible.

 

“His manager is kind enough to let him skip today. Tae said he wanted to accompany Jongup at the hospital, but since Jongup can be discharged already, so he follows us back too.” Myungsoo briefly explained. Daehyun unconsciously clenched his jaw when the image of Jongup being in Taehyung’s arm in the car flashed in his mind.

 

“I’ll just go to your house now then.” Daehyun replied, which earned a frown on Jongdae’s face. It was not because of the words that came out of Daehyun’s mouth, instead, it was because of the tone Daehyun suddenly used. The tone that he knew Daehyun would only use when he was annoyed about something. What could that something be? Hmm… Jongdae continued his eavesdropping job.

 

“It’s okay, Daehyun-ah. I think you better rest first, take a nap maybe… before you come here. I’ll take care of Jongup like I always do. Besides, Taehyung is here for him anyway.” And the grip around his phone tightened, turning his knuckles white. This act did not go unnoticed by Jongdae.

 

“Fine.” Daehyun curtly replied before he ended the call, without waiting for Myungsoo’s reply. He threw his phone on the seat carelessly and turned his gaze to look outside the window. Jongdae was confused with Daehyun’s sudden change of mood.

 

“Adjusshi, take me to my apartment.” Daehyun coldly commanded and received a yes from the driver. Jongdae’s brows creased even more.

 

“What’s wrong? I thought you said you’re going to the hospital.” Jongdae asked, pretended as if he did not hear anything before.

 

“He was already discharged.” Daehyun simply replied, not turning his head.

 

“Don’t you want to meet Jong—”

 

“Aish! He doesn’t need me anyway. He already has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter