Chapter 31

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 31: I’D BE GONE WHEN YOU’RE AWAKE

words in purple => flashback

 

LAST SPECIAL STAGE. It was what the fans who attended the concert had been waiting for. The cheers of anticipation could be heard echoing in the hall. BTS members who involved in the next stage were getting ready while the fans were showed some making films of BTS Concert. Colorful lights illuminated the dark hall and once the performance was about to start again, all lights faded out, leaving all fans in dark, cheering and screaming in excitement. And the music began...

 

Spotlight gradually appeared at a specific spot on stage and fans screamed when they were presented by a cute boy who apparently was sitting on a bed, with one hand was looking at a photograph. It was none other than Park Jimin.

 

Click 'Play' button.

 

JIMIN

Nan sumeul kkuk chamgo geudaereul baraboneyo

(I’m looking at you while holding my breath)

Sesangi kkok meomchungeoscheoreom

(Like the whole world has stopped)

 

Another different spot on stage slowly faded in and fans kept screaming in joy when they saw Jungkook, the golden maknae. He was set to practically sit on the window sill while looking longingly at Jimin’s direction.

 

JUNGKOOK

Seuchyeo jinaganeun baramcheoreom nareul mosbondahaedo

(Even though you can’t see me like the passing wind)

Naemaeumeun geudaereul hyanghane

(My heart and I are for you)

 

JIMIN

Geudael saranghaneungeon cham apeuniriya

(It hurts to love you)

Biuji moshal maeumirangeon cham seulpeuniriya

(I can’t empty my mind of you and it’s so sad)

 

Jimin stood up and put the photograph on the bed. The spotlight followed every little step that Jimin took. He made his way like he was approaching Jungkook on the other side of stage but stopped at a certain spot before he reached the centre.

 

JUNGKOOK

Geudaeyeo u~ ijjineun marayo

(Please don’t forget)

Meomchwojijianhneun sarang

(Don’t stop this love)

 

And the lights slowly faded in, showing the whole stage to the fans. The set up was like two houses next to each other. Jimin was actually standing in front of a window, facing Jungkook as well. They were looking at each other while singing the next lines.

 

JIMIN & JUNGKOOK

Geudaeui nundongja nal barabogoissneyo

(Your eyes are on me)

Nae mameul da aneun geoscheoreom

(Like you know all about me)

 

JIMIN

Meoreojiryeohaedo gieokdeuri

(Even though I try to leave)

Urireul mutgoissjyo

(I’m tied by our memories)

Dareun gonggan soge na isseodo

(Even though we aren’t in the same place)

 

Jimin and Jungkook turned to face the crowd and walked to the centre of the stage. Slowly, they narrowed the distance between them and only stopping when they were only one metre away from each other.

 

JIMIN & JUNGKOOK

Geudael saranghaneungeon cham apeuniriya

(It hurts to love you)

Biujimoshal maeumirangeon cham seulpeuniriya

(I can’t empty my mind of you and it’s so sad)

Geudaeyeo u~ ijjineun marayo

(Please don’t forget)

 

JIMIN

Meomchwojiji anhneun sarang

(Don’t stop this love)

 

Jogeum neujeodo gwaenchanhayo

(It’s okay even if you’re a little late)

Unmyeongiramyeon uri dasi mannajiltende

(If it’s destiny, we will meet again)

 

Jimin ended his lines and turned around. He was about to walk away when Jungkook reached for his arm and stopped him.

 

JUNGKOOK

Geudael ijneundaneungeon eoryeouniriya

(It’s hard to forget you)

Tto dwidoraseo

(Turn around again)

 

Jimin slowly turned back and Jungkook then closed their gap. Spotlights seemed to focus back on them while the lights for the rest of the stage gradually faded out.

 

JIMIN & JUNGKOOK

Ureobeorineun nae seulpeun kkumiya

(It’s a sad dream that makes me cry)

 

Jungkook’s hand made its way to Jimin’s small face and cradled it. Fans were screaming like mad for this Jikook’s skinship, or fanservice or whatever they wanted to call it as.

 

JIMIN & JUNGKOOK

Eonjenga u~ maeumkkeot geudaereul

(Someday, as much as I want)

 

JIMIN

Saranghage doegil barae

(I hope that I can love you)

 

Right after Jimin finished his line, Jungkook suddenly leaned forward and claimed the other’s lips. Fans roared for the unexpected ending and kept screaming in excitement, missing the fact that Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise on the enormous screen. This kiss part was not supposed to happen! It was never in their practice or even during rehearsal. They should only finish it with Jungkook caressing his cheek with his thumb and Jimin leaned into the warm affection, looking at each other until all lights were off.

 

The music ended, the lights faded out and Jimin did not waste a second to push Jungkook away from him. Jungkook looked at the older, and even before he could utter a word, Jimin was already running away, leaving the stage in hurry. ! What did you just do, Jeon Jungkook?! Jungkook was quick to follow Jimin’s step to the back stage.

 

“Jimin hyung!” Jungkook called. For someone as short as Jimin, it was a bonus that he could run fast and Jungkook was thankful that he had long legs which could shorten their distance in no time. However, he was stopped by someone who tightly grabbed his arm. Jungkook turned and was faced by a frowning Jin. He wanted to yank his arm away but Jin beat him and dragged him to the corner.

 

“What do you think you’re doing, Jungkook?”

 

Jungkook smirked. He looked intensely into Jin’s eyes.

 

“What do you think I’m doing, Seokjin…hyung?”

 

Meanwhile, Jimin released a relief sigh when he saw no Jungkook behind him anymore. He grabbed a water bottle that was handed by one of the crews and downed it hungrily. He did not know whether his heart was beating fast because of the kiss or because of the run. All he knew was that he needed to calm down before he could think of anything…of the reason why Jungkook suddenly kissed him…on stage even.

 

“So, how was the kiss?” His heart instinctively reacted to the deep voice behind him. Jimin turned around in reflex and was greeted by the sight of a serious Taehyung. Jimin was glad that the other gradually talked to him again but he just did not understand the fact that his heart would hurt each time Taehyung opened his mouth. His words, though were said emotionlessly, hurt him.

 

“I’ve to go.” Jimin stated before he stepped away. It was true though, they needed to get ready for the next performance. Taehyung was already in their next outfits but Jimin had to change. Jimin’s way was suddenly blocked by Taehyung and he looked up, confusion was written all over his face. Taehyung cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

 

“Are you and Jungkook…an item now?” Jimin was dumfounded.

 

“Jimin-ah! Let’s get ready. We only have three minutes.” Out of nowhere, Jimin’s stylist came into the room. The petite boy internally sighed in relief. He did not want to deal with Taehyung for now. Without saying anything, Jimin left his spot and followed his stylist. Taehyung unconsciously balled his hand into a fist.

 

He knew he should be happy that his best friend, no, ex-best friend found someone who could take care of him and he should be glad that that person was someone he completely knew, someone he knew was a good person. But why did it hurt when he had to witness them two being intimate, acting lovey-dovey (or so he thought they were)? Why did he wish so bad that Jimin and he could get close like before? Why did he feel mad when Jungkook kissed Jimin just now? Why did he feel betray when it was not related to him at all? Why did he feel all this now? Too many why, too much for his brain.

 

“Ah, all this .”

 

 

“Is he home yet?” Jongup talked to himself as he massaged his aching calf. He had walked more that usual that day, courtesy of Daehyun who liked to drag him into all baby shops they passed by. Right after dinner, he could not help the sleepiness that overwhelmed him. He almost fell asleep in the living room while waiting for Daehyun to come fetch him up and back to his apartment when Jaejoong suddenly asked one of the maids to lead Jongup to the guest room.

 

He could not protest more when Baekhyun said that Daehyun probably would come home late. When he meant late, it was really late, like past midnight kind of late. Jongup instantly fell into deep sleep once his head hit the soft pillow. He only woke up when his bladder eagerly asked to be emptied and could not go back to sleep when he suddenly got leg cramp. He just realized that he already slept for almost five hours, yet he felt that Daehyun was not even home.

 

“Ow…not again.” Jongup whimpered as he straightened his other leg. He then carefully flexed his ankle and toes back toward his shin several times. When he was feeling better, he decided to just lean against the headboard and caress his baby bump. Yongguk always moved around this time, and he knew he could not have a decent sleep during this hour until Yongguk decided to stop moving. The kicks were not that strong and hard, but Jongup just could not handle the ticklish feeling and would be awake even when Yongguk moved slightly.

 

“Guess I was really tired then…”

 

His mind suddenly flew back to the scene at the mall. His brows furrowed in curiousity. Earlier, he did not get to think of anything as he was so hungry. And he did not expect that he would feel so sleepy after the dinner. So he could not really work his brain as to identify who exactly Sehun was in Daehyun’s life.

 

 

Jongup helped Junhong to be on his little feet as the baby did not want to sit still anymore. Junhong tapped his tiny palms on the bench while baby-talking with Jongup who pretended like he understood his words. Junhong actually could already talk but was not able to form a full sentence yet. They played hide and seek – peek-a-boo kind of version – and Junhong being the mischievous baby he was, he attempted to run away from the bench a few times and Jongup had to quickly catch him before he went far. It was kind of tiring, though, when he himself was already tired from all the walking activity that day.

 

“Water, Auntie…Water.” The baby demanded as he stretched out his hand before Jongup.

 

“Are you thirsty, Junnie-ah? Hold on a minute.” Jongup went to the stroller and carefully crouched down. He grabbed the baby bag that was placed under the seat and took out a baby bottle.

 

“Okay, here’s—Jun-Junnie?” Jongup’s eyes widened when he saw no Junhong at his previous spot. He called out the baby’s name as he looked around in panic. Once he caught a glimpse of a running Junhong a few metres away from him, the pregnant boy immediately went to catch him. How can you be so careless, Jongup? He quickened his st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter