Chapter 2

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: NICE MEETING YOU... MR. MAID

 

Yifan’s eyes followed every single move Jongup did. The latter had just come back from their apartment to change his clothes and prepared some breakfast for them. Obviously, Yifan did not have appetite to eat hospital’s food, and he was more than willing to wait patiently for Jongup and his home made breakfast. It had been two days since the accident happened and he could not help but feel restless every time the thought that he could not do any work after this crossed his mind. Yifan unconsciously frowned when he remembered that Jongup would be going to a job interview that day.

 

A gentle press of a finger was felt between his eyebrows and Yifan was brought back to reality. He averted his eyes from staring at the ceiling which he did not realize he had been doing for the past few minutes only to meet with Jongup’s concern eyes. The latter placed his small hand against his boyfriend’s cheek and the older nuzzled into the comfortable warm palm.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung? Do you feel any pain?” Jongup asked worriedly. Yifan shook his head.

 

“You have to let me know if you feel one, okay? I’ll call the doctor.” Jongup said before he helped Yifan to get up from his lying position and leaned his back against the headboard. Jongup then comfortably sat on the chair before he reached for the food container on the side table. He spooned the still hot chicken porridge and blew on it.

 

“Jongie, I’m sorry.” Yifan mumbled regretfully, making the younger stopped what he was doing.

 

“Yifan hyung…”

 

“I burden you with the hospital bills and medicine when I’m supposed to provide you money.” The older reasoned out. He sighed heavily.

 

“Hyung, it’s okay. All this while, you were the one who was giving while I was only receiving. Isn’t it the time for me to do something for you too?” Jongup tried to soothe the boyfriend’s feeling. After all, he knew sick people sometimes could be more sensitive.

 

“The electric bills and—” Yifan could not finish his words when suddenly a pair of soft lips landed on his. Jongup retreated to his seat and ducked his head down. Yifan looked at him wide-eyed as he was still shocked with the sudden affection. Not that he mind to be kissed though, they had done way more than that. But when it came to Jongup, his shy and cute little boyfriend, he could not help but feel surprise because he knew the younger too well that the latter would never do what he did before in public.

 

Yifan remembered he once tried to hug Jongup at theme park like any other couples did, but it turned out that the boyfriend refused it politely before intertwining their hands. The reason was he was embarrassed and afraid that people who watched might think he was showing off his boyfriend. Ridiculous, yes he knew it. But he was Jongup, and he loved the younger so much to argue about that small matter.

 

“You’re talking too much, hyung. Just calm down and let me handle it this time. You’ve done a lot for us already, so now just eat and rest, okay?” Jongup said, eyes fixed on the porridge as he tried to avoid looking at Yifan. The older could not stop from letting a small smile graced his lips as he witnessed Jongup’s cheeks were gradually tinted with beautiful blush. Well, the person before his eyes was indeed his shy Jongup.

 

“I’m jealous.” Yifan whined. They had just had their breakfast, and after giving Yifan his medicine, Jongup helped him lied back down on the mattress. Jongup’s brows creased upon hearing it.

 

“Why would you?”

 

“You’re going to leave me alone and entertain other people. I’m jealous and I’m going to miss you.” Jongup who was fixing the blanket let out a small chuckle. He could not believe Yifan was acting like that at the moment.

 

“I’m not going to have fun, dear. I’m going to work, okay. So, stop being jealous and yes, I’m gonna miss you too. Jongie’s gonna miss his Shuai Fannie.” Jongup mumbled the last sentence, loud enough for Yifan’s hearing. The older could not help but grin upon listening to those words. He knew Jongup was just trying to make him comfortable and felt less pain as he had to leave him alone at the hospital for a while. So why not he tried to reduce the anxiousness Jongup was internally feeling for having to leave his boyfriend behind and go to work? (A/N: Shuai is handsome in Mandarin)

 

“Now, go before I stop you...and all the best, sweetheart.” Yifan wished sincerely and Jongup thanked him before he reluctantly stepped away from the bed.

 

Yifan trained his eyes on the retreating Jongup until he was no longer in sight. His eyes then wandered around the ward and watched other patients’ interaction with their visitors. He internally sighed and absentmindedly stared at the plain white ceiling. He was feeling bored for not having any company to talk with…and he was tired for having to lie down on the bed not doing anything. He felt hopeless…and useless.

 

“Jongie must be boarding the bus now.” He thought loudly.

 

Yifan could slowly feel the medicine started to take control over his body and he started to feel drowsy. He closed his eyes in attempt to have some good rest when his ears caught a sound of footsteps approaching his bed. However, he did not open his eyes for he thought it was only the nurse who came to check on him.

 

“Kris Wu…” That stern voice who called his name was enough to make Yifan’s heart stopped beating. Ignoring the dizziness he was currently having for fighting back the sleepiness, Yifan snapped his eyes open only to widen them when he finally registered the person who hovered over him.

 

“It’s been a while, isn’t it?”

 

 

 

 “He’s here, he’s here.”

 

“Omo, he’s coming.”

 

Two pretty receptionists hastily added more cosmetics on their faces upon seeing the person they had been waiting for stopped his motorbike right in front of the entrance. Said person got off the bike and took off the helmet before he put on his sunglasses handsomely as he entered the building. The receptionists immediately recomposed themselves and when the man finally passed by the counter, they quickly bowed their head and greeted him.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Jung Daehyun.”

 

Daehyun turned his head briefly to look at the receptionists before he turned it back and stalked his way rather arrogantly to the elevator. The girls continued fangirling over the drop-dead gorgeous man who noticed their presence. He smirked as he heard faint whispers coming from the receptionists who were admiring his handsome face and coolness. Typical girls… he thought. Daehyun was so used to that kind of treatment that he felt nothing special about it. He absolutely knew he was attractively charming and he did not need anyone to tell him that. He pressed the top button and fixed his hair through the reflection of the elevator door.

 

Meanwhile, Jongup who had just arrived in front of the Jung Group building could not help but stare wide-eyed at the huge tall building. He could not believe that he could step into that building, well…not in this life. He slowly made his way to the front entrance and bowed his head respectfully when he met an older security guard. Once he was inside the building, he strode to the counter.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

“Yes, sir. How may I help you?”

 

“Uh, I would like to meet Jung Jaejoong-ssi.”

 

“Do you make an appointment?” Jongup blinked. He scratched his nose as he tried to form the next words. Err, well, Jaejoong-ssi did ask me to come here this morning, so does it count as an appointment?

 

“Excume me… are you Moon Jongup?” Jongup turned his head to the person next to the receptionist he was currently interacting with. He nodded his head.

 

“Yes, that’s me.”

 

“Oh, Mr. Jaejoong informed me that you’d be coming around this hour. You can use the elevator right over there and go to floor 27 to reach his office.” The polite receptionist gestured toward the said elevator. Jongup thanked them before he made his way to the elevator. He quickened his steps when he saw the elevator doors were about to close.

 

“Wait…” The young boy carelessly put his hand between the closing doors and sighed in relief when it opened again. He looked inside the elevator and his eyes caught a sight of a very stunning young man. Said man was leaning his body against the elevator wall while playing his phone. Jongup swore he thought he was looking at a very good looking model that he always saw on TV.

 

“How long do I have to wait for you to enter this elevator?” Daehyun said as he looked up from his phone and eyed the other behind his sunglasses. Jongup was snapped out from admiring the living mannequin in front of him. He blinked his eyes confusedly as he was surprised to hear a very cold tone that was coming from the man before him.

 

 “You’re coming in or not?” Daehyun impatiently asked.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Jongup stuttered as he silently entered the elevator. He quickly pressed the close button and the desired floor before he moved to stand at the corner of the elevator. Nobody’s prefect I guess. He’s given a very good-looking appearance but his attitude… is so out of questions.

 

The elevator stopped at the third floor and a technician with a stepladder entered it. Silence accompanied them and the only sound that was heard was coming from the walkie-talkie the technician had placed at his waist.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter