Chapter 17

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 17: HE'S SOMEONE SPECIAL IN MY HEART

 

"W-What?"

 

Jongup looked at Daehyun, wide eyes. The young master nonchalantly looked back at him and repeat his words.

 

"Keep pouting and I'll kick you."

 

One blink.

 

Two blinks.

 

"...Oh." The pregnant boy averted his eyes as his cheeks turned into beautiful crimson red. He was embarassed for hearing the wrong words. Out of habit, he unconsciously bit his bottom lips to lessen his embarassment and reached for his chopstick on the table. Daehyun surpressed a smile when he saw the sight before him. He purposely changed the word so that it would not seem too obvious for Jongup. Ah, really...what was I thinking? Seeing he's blushing like this...

 

His sane mind was still rational and to say something like that was definitely unacceptable. Jongup had just had a heartbreak and it would be too sudden if he uttered such words to him. What more when there seemed to have a big gap between them. They only had an employer-employee relationship for crying out loud and Jongup would not think more than that. Daehyun unknowingly stared at the beautiful view before him.

 

Jongup blew the hot ramyeon before he brought it into his mouth. The mixture of hot and spicy that exploded in his mouth made him moan softly in delight. He slowly munched on his food, without caring about his surroundings. The older was contented just by seeing the other was happily eating. He was truthfully not hungry, instead, he just made an excuse so that he would have a reason to accompany Jongup. It would be weird to say it directly, would not it?

 

"Eat this too." Daehyun pushed his bowl toward Jongup. He only took three bites just for the sake of 'eating' in front of the younger. Jongup who had finished his ramyeon looked up in confusion.

 

"B-But young master, you said you're hungry..."

 

"Nah, I'm already full." Daehyun quickly said as he swiftly changed Jongup's bowl with his.

 

"But--"

 

"Shh, I know you're still hungry...no, I mean, your baby still wants to eat ramyeon. So, quickly eat this before it becomes soggy." And the young Jung left his spot to take two glasses and filled them with iced water. Jongup unconsciously formed a smile and continued eating happily. His young master was really nice today and he was thankful for that.

 

"So, how's the phone?" Daehyun asked as he returned to his previous seat with those glasses. He actually noticed the new phone he bought for Jongup was placed on the countertop and he wondered if the latter liked it or not.

 

"Phone? Oh, uh... I don't really know how to use it."

 

"Well, you can always ask me. It's the same brand as mine." Replied the young master. Jongup blinked his eyes twice as he did not know what to reply, so he just nodded his head. Would he really ask the other? He did not think so. He thought he was not really that close with his employer to have a teach-and-learn session together. It would be better if I just look it up on the Internet.

 

"Who's on your speed dials?" Jongup stopped chewing and looked up when he was thrown with such a random question. Was that really a random one? Daehyun was looking back at him, as if waiting for his answer. His brows creased slightly when he remembered that his speed dials were only Yifan and Luhan. Now that everything had been crashed down, Jongup no longer put them in his contact number. After all, those numbers were not in the system anymore.

 

"Yah... What's wrong?" Daehyun's voice brought the younger back to reality. He shook his head before he spoke.

 

"There's no one on my speed dials."

 

"Oh, really? Then you'll have one." Daehyun casually said before he grabbed Jongup's phone on the countertop. Jongup blankly looked at what the young master was doing. The older internally grinned when he got to set his number on Jongup's speed dials.

 

"I've set my number on the speed dials. Press one, you'll get me." Jongup's mouth opened and closed in wordless. What did Daehyun think he was doing?

 

"What-What for?"

 

"Well, you're my maid...and pregnant. Literally, you're my responsibility. If anything happens to you, I'm the first person you should be looking for. Is that understood?"

 

 

Jongup zipped the luggage on the bed and was about to put it on the floor when he felt a pair of hands stopped him from doing so. He looked up only to meet with a serious Daehyun. He blinked his eyes, did not understand the situation.

 

"It's heavy, you shouldn't be carrying heavy stuffs. I'll take it to the front door later." Daehyun said as he continued buttoning his sleeves. He needed to go out of the town that Tuesday's afternoon for a meeting with their new clients, and it would take about three days for that. Jongup would be sent to Myungsoo's house for Daehyun did not want him to stay alone at the apartment. It was not good for his recovery either.

 

"It's not that heavy though..." Jongup mumbled quietly because he thought Daehyun was being ridiculous here. He had carried things much heavier than this before, courtesy of his young master who liked to bully him. However, that was before all of them knew he was pregnant, and now that they all learned about it, his young master was being considerate sometimes. But still, he found it unnecessary. He was a maid, wasn't it?

 

"I thought you read the books I bought for you..." Daehyun nonchalantly said as he averted his gaze from looking at his sleeve button to Jongup's flawless face. The younger gave a questioning look.

 

"I did."

 

"So, you must know that during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, it is crucial to not do anything that will tire you or make you stress, right? And you must know that carrying heavy things is one of them." Reprimanded the older. Jongup bit his bottom lips for he did not know what to reply anymore. He could not agree more to Daehyun's words for it was all true, but this luggage... He just needed to pull it out to the front anyway! Where did this carrying heavy things matter come from?

 

"Yes, I do know about it. If-if there's nothing else I can do, I'll just wait in the hall then." Jongup his heels and was about to go out of Daehyun's room when the latter stopped him.

 

"Wait!"

 

"Yes, young master?"

 

"Tie this necktie for me." Daehyun held out a blue tie. Jongup took it and as usual, put it around his own neck to make a neat knot before he returned it to its owner. However, the older had another plan for his maid. He wanted to change their routine that day onwards, so he bowed his head slightly and spoke.

 

"Put it on me." Jongup's brows creased slightly but he instantly obeyed his young master's words. He awkwardly fixed Daehyun's collar and the tie. All the while he was doing it, the young master could not help but train his gaze at the younger's face. He suppressed a smile when he saw a focused Jongup fixing his tie. However, he internally wondered if he could see the latter's beautiful smile again. Well, Jongup still smiled, it just that it was not as genuine and happy as before. His smile did not reach his ears, it was quite frustrating.

 

"Young master?" Jongup's soft voice brought Daehyun back to reality. The latter blinked his eyes and cleared his throat.

 

"Let's go." Daehyun said before he grabbed his luggage and walked out of his room, leaving Jongup behind who soon followed his steps.

 

Upon reaching the Kim's mansion, Daehyun helped Jongup with his baggage despite getting some protests from the younger. What was his young master doing? He just could not understand the other. He was so unpredictable, unlike Taehyung. One of the Kim's butler opened the door for them.

 

"Is anyone home?" Asked Daehyun.

 

"Master Sunggyu and Young Master Junhong are home." The butler gestured his hands, inviting the new comers to come in. Daehyun led the way and gave Jongup's bag to one of the maids who passed by. Jongup did not know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter