Chapter 32

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 32: BE MY WIFE FOREVER

 

“No breakfast.” He mumbled softly against the duvet that he had pulled to his chin and curled up into a fetus position. Luhan shivered slightly as he felt the room temperature was a bit cold to his liking and thought the thick duvet was not enough for him. His head was throbbing – feeling dizzy as well and he wished to have another hour of sleep so that the headache would subside. He just wanted the maid to go away and leave him alone but of course, that was not going to happen.

 

“But Master Luhan, Master Kris requested for you at the dining table. He said you need to eat breakfast.” The maid retorted and Luhan could only sigh.

 

“I’ll be there in a minute.”

 

“I’ll go and tell them, Master Luhan.” With that being said, the maid who was standing at the foot of the bed, bowed and left the room. Luhan slowly got up from the bed, hissing slightly when the bright morning sunlight was directly poking his half-lidded eyes – leading to another wave of dizziness. He massaged his temple as he staggered out of the bed, swaying slightly in the process.

 

He made his way to the bathroom to wash his face before heading out of the bedroom. Just as he was about to reach the bottom step, the acidic ball in his throat threatened to leap out and he forced himself to keep breathing as he grabbed the railing to get his footing right. His hand clamped over his mouth as he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to get a hold of himself despite the pounding sensation in his head and that queasy feeling he felt in the back of his throat.

 

“Are you alright, Master Luhan?” A butler came and asked him. Taking a deep breath in after calming down, he nodded his head weakly and gestured for the butler to go do his things. With heavy steps, he walked into the dining table and greeted the Wus halfheartedly. Yifan and Zhoumi looked up from their food.

 

“Good morning, Han.” Zhoumi replied before sipping his coffee.

 

“Laopo…” Yifan furrowed his eyebrows upon seeing the sight before him. He stood up and held Luhan’s right arm.

 

“You look pale. Come and sit here.” The husband guided his wife to sit at the table. Luhan plopped down on Yifan’s previous seat and the latter sat beside him.

 

“Laogong, I’m feeling dizzy.” Luhan cutely whined at Yifan. Zhoumi retorted even before Yifan could open his mouth.

 

“You’re not feeling well, Han?”

 

“Yes, father.”

 

“We’ll go to hospital after breakfast, okay?” said Yifan as he put a bread on Luhan’s plate.

 

“Why do you want to go to the hospital? We can just call our family doctor.” Zhoumi, once again spoke.

 

“That’s because I want to.” replied Yifan without looking at his father.

 

“It’s hassle free if we ask the doctor to come over.”

 

Luhan silently rolled his eyes. For God’s sake, he was having headache and here, his husband and father in-law was having a verbal fight in front of him. He massaged his temple while mentally scolding the both of them for not being considerate to him. He absentmindedly reached for the glass on the table and sipped the content.

 

It was milk. Fresh milk. Yifan’s favorite fresh milk.

 

Luhan could not fully register what was happening. The only thing he knew was that the moment he swallowed the milk, the nauseous feeling he felt before overwhelmed him. He gagged before he streaked for the sink to throw up.

 

“Laopo!” Yifan promptly left the table, following Luhan’s quick step to the kitchen. He rubbed his wife’s back while the latter was bending over the sink, throwing up everything he had last night. The maids unintentionally stopped doing their jobs as they sent the couple a look of concern. Yifan was not any different either. He too, looked so worried about Luhan’s condition this morning.

 

“Feeling better?” Yifan asked after Luhan was seen to rest his head on his arm and clutch his stomach. Luhan could only manage to groan before he leaned over the sink for the second time. Yifan furrowed his eyebrows in worry. This was not suppose to happen. He should be aware that his wife was not feeling well since he woke up from his sleep. Yifan almost yelped as he managed to catch Luhan who was about to fall afterwards. The latter slumped against his husband’s broad chest.

 

“Laogong…” Luhan weakly called the other. He wanted to complain about his headache but he was too tired to form any words after that. He felt his body left the ground second later and he rested his head at the most comfortable place – Yifan’s shoulder. Yifan had picked him up bridal style and asked one of the maid to bring some food and water for Luhan to their room. His wife needed to at least, took a bite of breakfast before they went to the hospital.

 

“You’re burning up.” said Yifan as he was about to lie Luhan down on the bed. The latter whined as he did not want to move from being in Yifan’s comfortable arms. He had his arms locked around the latter’s neck, preventing his husband to put him down. Yifan ended up sitting on the bed with Luhan on his lap.

 

“I don’t think we could go to the hospital with you like this.” Yifan stated matter-of-factly. He had his the back of his left hand over Luhan’s warm forehead.

 

“Don’t go then.” Luhan whispered as a reply. He adjusted his head to be at the crook of Yifan’s neck and made himself comfortable.

 

“You’re sick, silly. We need to call the doctor over.”

 

Luhan froze for a moment. He wanted to say something but a knock on the door stopped him. Yifan called whoever outside to come in. A maid with a tray of food was revealed behind the door and she put it on the table before leaving the couple in the room again.

 

“Call my doctor over instead of your family doctor.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“He could help us.”

 

“Han, I don’t think it’s the right—”

 

“I don’t mind, Kris. Just…let’s get this over with.”

 

“Why are you doing this to me?”

 

“What did I do?”

 

“You sacrifice yourself for me and making me look like a bad husband and—”

 

“Cut that out. I’m tired. Can I have a nap?”

 

Yifan sighed in defeat before he gently put Luhan on the bed. He could never win over Luhan and his stubbornness. He pulled the duvet over the latter’s torso and brushed his bang away. Luhan closed his eyes as he let the warmth from the duvet and tiredness overwhelmed him. Yifan kissed Luhan’s forehead before he walked out of the bedroom. He wanted to ask the maid to bring over wet towel and call Luhan’s family doctor afterwards.

 

“How’s he?” Zhoumi, who was still at the dining table, asked Yifan as the latter passed by.

 

“I need Luhan’s personal doctor.” Without answering Zhoumi’s question, Yifan firmly stated his intention. He wanted to curse out loud when he had no power to do anything in the house and had to go through this bastard-like father for everything. He did not think he could get a hold of a device called as cellphone for the time being. Heck, he did not think he would ever, unless he did what the other wished for him to do.

 

“We can just call our doctor over.”

 

“No. I want his doctor. Luhan is my wife and I want nothing but the best for him. Isn’t it hassle free if we called up the right doctor who has Luhan’s past medical record?” Yifan smirked when he knew he could win over Zhoumi this time. Yifan 1, Zhoumi 0.

 

 

Jongup unconsciously puffed his almost chubby cheeks out while staring blankly at the TV screen that was showing a rerun episode of the latest We Got Married. He was not in the mood of watching any show at the moment when all he could think of was the life he has been living in. In a couple of days, his maid contract with the Jung would end. Time flew so fast he could not believe he could put up with Daehyun’s attitude for the last six months.

 

But again, his young master Daehyun was not the old Daehyun he first met anymore. He was not rude and cold towards him after the older learned about his pregnancy. Well, there were times where his young master would threaten him, but when he thought about it, it was all for his own and Yongguk’s sake. He was thankful that at least, Daehyun cared for them. He could not imagine what would happen if he was not pregnant and that Daehyun did not change his attitude. He would probably be the 40th maid that would resign then.

 

He averted his gaze to the phone in his hand. Since a day before, he had been searching for a small apartment he could stay after the contract ended. To his dismay, all the cheap ones were occupied and only left with those which were more than his budget. He sighed for the umpteenth times. If he were to really stay at the apartment, he needed to work hard before Yongguk was born. However, another problem would arise. Who would ever hire him, a pregnant boy whose about to enter his third trimester?

 

Suddenly, his foster family crossed his mind. Right, he could always go to them so why would he troubled himself looking for another place to stay? He was the one and only Moon Jongup. And this Moon Jongup did not want to comfortably stay there without doing anything. Myungsoo already stated that the expectant mother could not work at his already open bakery because he did not want Jongup to overwork himself. Only after Yongguk was born was he allowed to start working at the bakery.

 

The thought of staying at the Kim’s made his stomach churned. He did not think he could bear the disgusted look or glaring daggers that Minah sent to him whenever their eyes met. He knew Minah hated him to the core after she was scolded by Taehyung due to the cleaning window incident few months ago. He was already feeling uncomfortable and insecure when he was sent to stay there for a few days, what more when he had to be there for three months straight? He was definitely not going to accept Myungsoo’s offer to stay at their house. Not that he ever accepted it whenever Myungsoo asked him anyway.

 

The only choice that was left for him was to continue staying at Daehyun’s apartment. He could probably ask for an extension to his contract and it was up to his young master to use his discretion in deciding the matter. He pouted at the possibility that he could not extend the contract. Not that he was doing a good job for the past months as a maid. He was not allowed to do many things due to his growing baby inside him and he doubted Daehyun would want to keep him in the house for another few months. The young Jung could always hire another maid to do all the tasks he was not able to do so.

 

“Ah, what should I do? Gukkie, what should mommy do? I’m stuck right now, baby.” Jongup whined as he rested his head against the arm rest. He caressed his belly when he did not feel any movement from his baby. Sleep tight, Gukkie baby.

 

Jongup’s internal monologue was interrupted when the phone in his hand went off, startling him. He looked at the caller ID before answering the call.

 

“Hello, Daehyun hyung?”

 

“Hi, Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter