Chapter 19

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 19: CAN I... BE YOUR BABY'S FATHER?

 

“Earth to Daehyun.” Jongdae knocked on the table when he could not stand watching Daehyun who had been zoning out like forever. Their clients had just gone back to their respective rooms to change to a more suitable outfits for their next agenda, leaving only these two best friends to wait for them in the hotel cafeteria. The young Jung blinked before he focused his attention on Jongdae who was giving him a judging look.

 

“What?”

 

“What do you mean by what? You weren’t listening to what I, your secretary was saying. What are you thinking?” Jongdae closed the scheduler and leaned his back against the chair. He locked eyes with Daehyun, as if daring the other to answer him truthfully.

 

“It’s just… nothing, okay.” Daehyun sighed before he sipped his already cold coffee.

 

“Hah, do you think I’d buy that? Come on, Dae. Just spill it.” Jongdae drummed his fingers on the table while waiting for Daehyun to open his mouth. He sighed when his friend only shook his head and tried to ignore him. Not this time, Jung Daehyun…

 

“So, are you thinking of ways to convince Ms. Amber about the plan? She’s a bit tough, huh?” Jongdae made a guess. He knew he would hit some points if he was persistent enough and that Daehyun could not handle him anymore.

 

“She is. But I don’t think it’s hard to convince her. She’s just playing around, stalling the time to give approval and sign the agreement. You know we have the best plan.” Daehyun smirked half-heartedly before he threw his gaze away out of the glass window.

 

“So, it’s not about work anyway.” Jongdae muttered to himself as he followed Daehyun’s line of sight. He noticed that Daehyun had been holding his phone in his hand since they were having breakfast with the clients. To say that Daehyun was waiting for an important call from the office was an understatement. He had seen Daehyun was replying a text message from someone and he was curious about that person.

 

“So, is there any important matter going around at the office?”

 

“Shouldn’t you be well-informed about that?” Daehyun monotonously replied, eyes fixed on the beautiful view outside the hotel. Jongdae huffed in frustration before he eagerly sipped his orange juice. Screw the plan…

 

“Okay, I’m just gonna stop playing around the bush. Who are you waiting for?” Jongdae shot a question which successfully made Daehyun to snap his head.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Daehyun, my friend. I’m not your best friend your secretary for nothing, okay? I’ve known you for years… I know something is bothering your mind. What more when you couldn’t let go of your phone this morning…as well as last night. What’s the matter?” Jongdae leaned forward, as if to show that he was interested in hearing Daehyun’s problem or whatever it was the other wanted to call it as.

 

“It’s—” Before Daehyun could reply, Jongdae cut him off shortly.

 

“Nothing important. I won’t buy that, really.”

 

“Jongup.” Daehyun murmured, barely audible.

 

“Yeah, I know. It’s not—wait, what? Did I hear you say Jongup?” Jongdae looked at his friend, wide-eyed. The latter sighed before he took another sip from his coffee. Jongdae was quiet too as he tried to combine one thing to another and after what seemed like forever, his mouth fell open while a deep impressive surfaced in his eyes. So, Baek hyung’s theory all this while is right. Jongup is the key.

 

“How is he doing now?”

 

“He’s fine, I guess.”

 

“You guess? Dae, I thought you care for him.” An incredulous look was sent to Daehyun who ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“I do.”

 

“Then, what’s with the not-so-confident-tone I heard just now? Isn’t it about your Jongup?” Jongdae asked, purposely using the words ‘your Jongup’ to see Daehyun’s reaction. Knowing his friends for years, he knew that Daehyun would not admit that he liked someone but his actions would tell everything. Daehyun’s ears perked up at the words but as calmly as possible, he tried to shrug it off, which left Jongdae with disappointment.

 

“I texted him last night and this morning, asking about him. But all he answered was ‘I’m O.K. T.Q. for asking’, so why do you expect me to know more?” replied Daehyun, as he quoted exactly what Jongup had texted him. Jongdae almost facepalmed himself right there and then. Perhaps he was so impressed with the strict and authorative Daehyun that left him speechless when the other was being totally stupid.

 

“Did you just say you texted him?”

 

A nod.

 

“Wow…Yah, Jung Daehyun. I never know you’re this lame...” Jongdae sarcastically said as he got up from his chair. Daehyun frowned upon hearing his friend’s words. He looked up as he waited Jongdae to continue his words.

 

“I thought you like him? Wait, is love the right word?” Jongdae tilted his head, acting as if he was confused with his own words before he clicked his tongue and left Daehyun alone at the table to reflect on his words.

 

The young Jung stared at his coffee cup as Jongdae’s words sank in his mind. It did not take long for him to understand what Jongdae was referring too. He cursed under his breath as he knocked his forehead with his phone a few times. Stop being so ridiculous, Daehyun. Be a real man, dude. Come on! Daehyun instantly slid his thumb across his phone’s screen and dialed Jongup’s number. He held his breathe in as he waited for the soft voice of Jongup to greet him.

 

“Hello, Jongup?”

 

“Dae hyung, it’s Tae here…” Daehyun’s brows creased as he straightened his back. He unconsciously clenched his jaw in disapproval.

 

“Tae?!”

 

“U’huh…” The young master got up and made his way out of the cafeteria. He did not even bother to answer Jongdae who just came back from the gents as his mind was too occupied in getting a definite answer from his cousin.

 

“Why are you answering his phone call?!”

 

“Why are you calling him?”

 

“Why are you asking?”

 

“Why aren’t you answering?”

 

“Yah, Kim Taehyung!” Daehyun was already out of the hotel lobby. His hard tone garnered some attention from the people around him. Again, he ignored them as he casually put his sunglasses on and stalked his way to the corner of the building.

 

“What, Jung Daehyun…hyung?” Taehyung purposedly played around and that made Daehyun to groan lowly.

 

“Where’s Jongup? I wanna speak to him.”

 

“He’s having a nap right now. Apparently, he overworked himself and did not look quite good.” Daehyun’s eyebrows knitted together upon hearing Taehyung’s brief explanation.

 

“What happened?”

 

“You won’t believe this, hyung…” Taehyung told the other and Daehyun could only rub his temple in disbelief. That kid will be the death of me someday, seriously…

 

“When he wakes up, give him a bowl of mashed potato and banana. Or the last option, give him crackers.” Daehyun commanded and earned a scoff from Taehyung.

 

“Whoa, hyung. Just don’t…Don’t tell me what to do, okay. I know what I have to do for him.” Taehyung replied, his tone was filled with annoyance. Daehyun resisted the urge to yell at the other.

 

“Tae—”

 

“I got to go, hyung. I have something to investigate. Adios.” With that being said, the call was ended. Daehyun looked at his phone incredulously as he tried to breathe normally.

 

“This Taehyung kid…”

 

 

Jongup groggily fluttered his eyes open and tried to register his surroundings. He was silently relieved that his dizziness had subsided and that he was feeling better. However, he froze when he caught a glimpse of someone lying beside him on the bed. The pregnant boy blinked twice to make his vision clearer, and sighed in relief when he saw Taehyung was next to him. The latter averted his gaze from his phone and turned his head when he felt some movement only to meet with Jongup’s beautiful eyes. Taehyung smiled.

 

“Morning, princess.” Taehyung sweetly whispered as he turned to his side so that they were facing each other.

 

“Not a princess…” Jongup muttered. His voice was slightly hoarse from the sleep. Taehyung arched his eyebrows in amazement.

 

“y voice you got there.” Jongup bit his bottom lip and shook his head at Taehyung’s words. He looked around and stopped at the clock on the wall. He loudly gasped when he saw the time was already past 12 in the afternoon.

 

“Oh my God!” Jongup swiftly got up from the bed, surprising Taehyung who was quietly taking in the other’s beautiful features.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” Taehyung got up as well.

 

“It’s already past 12, Tae. I should be helping Junsu adjusshi prepare lunch.” Jongup was about to get up when he was stopped by Taehyung. He turned his head only to see Taehyung’s frowning face.

 

“No, you’re not going anywhere. I’m getting the maid to get you something to eat.” Jongup was sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter