Chapter 15

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 15: THERE'S NOTHING TO BE EXPLAINED

 

Sonograms? ! How could I forget about that? Daehyun mentally cursed himself as he knocked his forehead. He could not help but eavesdrop the conversation that his older brother had with his maid. Right after he sent a glass of milk and a plate of cookies for Baekhyun, of course after being asked by Kyungsoo, he was really curious of what they were talking about. He was worried if Jongup was feeling down again about what happened to him, but he did not expect Baekhyun to talk about sonograms.


Last week, when they first learned about Jongup's pregnancy, Myungsoo eagerly wanted to call Yifan after they received the happy news as well as a film of sonogram that was passed by the nurse to Daehyun, who thought he was the father of the baby. Of course, being the only person who exactly knew what had happened to his maid, Daehyun tried his best to prevent his aunt from contacting Yifan. He did not want the latter to hurt Jongup more than he already did.


So, he told Myungsoo that he would send Jongup home straight away and that let the younger tell his boyfriend the news himself. He convinced his aunt that it was the best way to surprise the baby daddy, though he mentally cursed that ungrateful guy while suggesting that idea. Daehyun kept the sonogram in his wallet carefully and waited for Jongup to wake up. However, he was the one who was caught of guard when Jongup told him that he wanted to go back to his apartment and told Yifan about their baby.


Because of his uncontrollable rage, Daehyun forgot about the sonogram and left Jongup. Same thing happened during Jongup's stay at the hospital. The nurse who was in-charge to check on Jongup's condition gave the young Jung another film of sonogram to reassure the father that the baby and also his wife were doing well. As he waited for Jongup to come around, he sometimes would take a look at the sonogram, and could not help but adore that tiny bean size dot to have such a strong will to survive in his mother's womb.


Unluckily, when Jongup was conscious, he was not around and when he came back, he scared his maid with door knocking and Taehyung appeared. For the second time, the young master was mad and without having second thought, left the ward to calm down. And being such a forgetful person at certain unacceptable times he was, he forgot about the sonograms that he kept in his wallet. Until being mentioned by Baekhyun that he realized that Jongup had never seen his baby in the womb. Should he feel bad now? He should!


Recalling the pregnancy articles he read on the internet, he quickly made his way back to the kitchen and grabbed a few bananas, crackers and a glass of iced water. Kyungsoo was so speechless seeing the never-clumsy Daehyun was fast at grabbing things and before he could even ask anything, the younger already left the kitchen for the second time. The young Jung peeked behind the wall and internally hoped that Baekhyun would not detect about the absence of Jongup's sonogram.


“Can-can y-you accompany me to the doctor tomorrow? I’ll ask Young—I mean, Daehyun-ssi to give me a few hours off.”

 

“Of course! I can ac—”


"I'll go with you tomorrow." Daehyun interjected as he calmly made his way to the other two, who turned their head in unison. Jongup could not help but widen his eyes in disbelief. He certainly knew that his young master was not always stick at home during weekends, plus according to Taehyung, Daehyun probably spent his time at the hill or circuit to join any racing car/motorbike activities. It could not be real that the young Jung himself wanted to accompany him to the hospital, right? Because it was just impossible.


"Why suddenly?" Baekhyun directly asked. His eyes sharply trained on his younger brother who came with a tray of food in hand and casually placed it on the coffee table, right in front of Jongup's spot. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw this sight of Daehyun. As far as he knew his younger brother, Daehyun was not someone who would serve his own maid. Well, it probably because his maid was not feeling well but still, he was confused with his brother.

 

"Just because." Daehyun nonchalantly replied as he sat on the opposite sofa. Baekhyun's eyebrows arched in confusion. Something suddenly clicked on his mind.


"Well, you don't have to as I can accompany him, dongsaeng. Why would you suddenly...aish, really! You did not even want to accompany me when i asked you before." Baekhyun complained as he crossed his arms over his chest. Jongup blinked his eyes as he silently listened to the Jung siblings' conversation. Daehyun was caught off guard when being pinpointed straight away by his older brother. ! Think Daehyun, think!


"That's because you have Kyungsoo hyung with you. Why would you want me to go with you too?" Wait? Was it relevant? Daehyun's thought was interrupted by a flying pillow that directly hit him square on his face. Wrong answer! Damnit!


"Yah, Jung Daehyun! If Kyungie was there I won't even ask you to go with me, okay!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Daehyun pressed his lips into a thin line as he shrugged innocently. The older Jung huffed in annoyance.


"KYUNGIE, CAN YOU GET ME A BAR OF CHOCOLATE, PLEASE?! because.I.am.mad.right.now." Baekhyun said through his gritted teeth at the end of his sentences.


"Ops, here comes the mood swings..." Daehyun teased his older brother and received another flying pillow which he successfully dodged it. The young master smirked triumphantly.


"Just wait for your turn." Baekhyun said before he pouted and rested his head on the quiet Jongup's shoulder. Daehyun averted his gaze and was met with a sight of a smiling Jongup, who was coaxing a sulking Baekhyun. His heart skipped a beat when his maid decided to lift his head up at that time and their eyes locked. Daehyun unintentionally stared through Jongup's beautiful orbs, making the younger to quickly cast his eyes down and broke the eye contact. The young master seemed to realize what he just did and cleared his throat. He too, pretended to look elsewhere.


Little did they knew, Baekhyun was silently watching his younger brother. Something was telling him that Jongup was the reason why Daehyun was changing. Was it not a good thing? He had been waited for this moment to happen, the moment where Daehyun changed from the cold-hearted to a caring one. And what was it that he had just witnessed? His Dae dongsaeng did not just look at Jongup with those eyes right? Those eyes that held love and attraction toward someone that he always saw in his husband's eyes, his parents and other couples. His eyes were not deceiving him, right? I need to make sure something then.


"Are those for Jonguppie?" The older Jung asked as he pointed it with his lips.


"Huh? Ah, y-yes..." Baekhyun resisted the urge to raise his eyebrow in amazement and schooled his face to continue make a poker face. He stuttered...wow.


"Here, Baekkie. It's with blueberries, is it okay?" Kyungsoo came with a chocolate bar in his hand, as requested by his pregnant wife. Baekhyun's face lit up in pure happiness as he reached out to take the chocolate bar. Daehyun saw the happy glint in his older brother's eyes and could not help but remember that it looked exactly how Jongup had when his craved food was before his eyes. He suddenly wanted to see those beautiful eyes of Jongup with those delightful glints again.


"It's okay. You're the best husband in the world! Love you." Baekhyun said before he made a flying kiss to Kyungsoo who returned it with a wink.


"Anything for you, darling. Love you too."


"Awww, so sweet~" Daehyun teased the couple and Kyungsoo happily brushed it off. He ruffled Daehyun's hair playfully before he left the living room. Daehyun internally whined as he fixed his messy hair.


"Daehyun-ah. Why did you bring those for him? Do you like banana, Jonguppie?" Baekhyun pretended to ask, but before the maid could open his mouth, Daehyun was fast to reply him.


"Bananas are good, you know...to reduce nausea or morning sickness. As far as i know, crackers are too." The young master explained and he saw Jongup was blinking at him oh-so-cutely that he had to practically avert his gaze to calm his pounding heartbeat down. Baekhyun and he made eye contact and the older could not help but grin happily. This was definitely new! Baekhyun confirmed that Daehyun really did some research on pregnancy and that his younger brother was actually cared for Jongup. I don't mind if Jongup were to be your other half, Dae. As long as you're happy and can make him happy too.


"I see you did some research though. Oh, I need to go to the bathroom now." The older Jung carefully got up, courtesy of Jongup who helped him to, and was going to the bathroom when he suddenly stopped.

 

“Oh, Dae. If you insist, I’ll let you accompany Jongup tomorrow.”

 

Jongup widened his eyes in disbelief. He wanted to say something but he found his words stuck at his throat. Baekhyun was no where in sight and Jongup did not know what to do. He stood quietly at his spot as Daehyun looked intensely at him. The maid was afraid that his young master would get mad at him for asking Baekhyun to accompany him when he had yet ask for the employer’s permission to go out. He thought that Daehyun was only acting kind with him in front of the other Jung, just like what he always did before.

 

“Why are you still standing?”

 

“Ne? Uh…”

 

“Sit down.”

 

“What—”

 

“Sit.”

 

Jongup slowly sat down on his previous spot on sofa. He played with his fingers as he tried to avoid making eye contact with what he assumed as a fuming Daehyun.

 

“You eat those first, and entertain Baek hyung.” Daehyun faked a command and got up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter