Chapter 5

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 5: WHY? ARE YOU AFRAID?

 

Jongup looked confusedly at Daehyun and Taehyung. His hands were still tightly gripping onto the knife as he did not believe what the intruder said. What if he said it just because he really targeted his young master’s house to rob? People nowadays were really unpredictable. And if, that Taehyung guy attacked Daehyun who happened to stand near the intruder, he was ready to help, or in other words, rescue his master…probably with the knife to threaten only, not to stab.

 

“Hyung…” Taehyung turned to Daehyun, indirectly asking for an explanation. Daehyun rolled his eyes before he approached them.

 

“Maid.” Daehyun simply answered. Taehyung raised his eyebrows and nodded his head.

 

“Yah! Put that knife down. You look so stupid, pointing that knife with trembling hands. Don’t you have brain? This apartment has its own security system. Why would the guard at the lobby let him pass if he isn’t related to me? Don’t you remember how you got in here yesterday?” Daehyun venomously said as he made his way to the table.

 

Jongup slowly did as he was told, but the frown that appeared on his previously pale face was clearly shown. He hung his head low. He was really scared to death and instinctively pointed that knife out that he believed could be his weapon if something were to happen. But how could Daehyun say something like that? How in the world would I know that guy is his cousin? And who would ever think about the security when one was scared, huh? It’s okay, Jongup… you’ll get use to his harsh words. Jongup calmed himself down as he continued to peel the half-peeled kiwi.

 

“Hi…” Taehyung’s deep voice once again made Jongup startle.

 

“Woo, I’m sorry that I scared you.” Taehyung said, his hands automatically were raised in the air for the second time. Jongup shook his head and eventually put that knife down. How could he peel the fruit when his hands could not stop shaking from the earlier shock?

 

“Okay, so I’m Taehyung…” Said boy hesitantly rested his hands on the countertop as he did not want to scare Jongup more.

 

“What’s your name?” Jongup averted his eyes from blankly looking at kiwi in the plate to Taehyung’s face. The latter immediately grinned, showing his pearly white teeth.

 

“Jongup…I’m Jongup.” The young boy reluctantly opened his mouth. He was actually a friendly person but Daehyun’s harsh words were still lingering in his head that he could not help but feel slightly hurt and distracted.

 

“You’re cute.” Taehyung said as he tilted his head a bit. Jongup blinked his eyes confusedly. He looked at Taehyung who was quick to continue his words.

 

“And you’ll look cuter if you smile…like this.” And Taehyung immediately put his remarkable wide smile on his face. As if the smile was a magic, it did not take long for Jongup’s significant angelic smile to grace his lips. Jongup now knew the other was trying to cheer him up and he appreciated it.

 

Taehyung was enthralled by the angel before his eyes. His smile unknowingly faltered as he immersed in staring fascinatedly at the other. Jongup’s smile was really captivating and he could not take his eyes off him. Who’s he? Is he an angel sent from above? 

 

“Thank you.” Jongup’s soft voice brought Taehyung back to reality. He cleared his throat and straightened his body up. Taehyung wanted to continue talking to Jongup who seemed so approachable and lovely but obviously, his intention would be halted because of a certain someone.

 

“Yah! Stop being lovey-dovey over there. I’m trying to eat here.” There came the cold tone again. Jongup and Taehyung looked at each other before the latter shrugged his shoulder and proceeded to take his seat next to Daehyun. Jongup reached for another clean bowl and scooped some rice for Taehyung.

 

“Hey, let’s eat together.” Taehyung invited as a bowl was handed by the maid. Jongup wanted to answer but Daehyun was way faster than him, like always.

 

“No. I’ll lose my appetite then.” That was boldly said by the mean Daehyun. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in disapproval. He looked up to see a bitter smile was sent to him.

 

“I-It’s okay, Taehyung-ssi. I’ve some cleaning to do anyway.” Jongup bowed his head politely before he turned around. Ish, does he think I desperately wanna eat on the same table with him? Not in a million years…

 

“What’s with the tattoos and all stuffs on you?” Daehyun leisurely asked Taehyung and he mentally rolled his eyes when he caught Taehyung was watching the retreating Jongup and not paying attention to him. Am I talking to the wall? Daehyun sent a glare toward Jongup’s way.

 

“Yah, maid! Make me tomato juice. I want tomato juice!” Daehyun impolitely demanded, indirectly brought Taehyung back from his trance. The latter looked incredulously at his cousin who acted as if it was a normal thing happened in the house.

 

“So, the tattoos…? What’s it all about?” Daehyun nonchalantly asked again. Taehyung’s eyes lit up in excitement.

 

“We’re having a comeback soon and I just got back from shooting for our new MV. It’s about dropped out high school kids who then involved in smuggling drugs.” Taehyung enthusiastically explained. It was related to his career and dream, so he could not help but feel excited.

 

“I don’t see why you guys are having this kind of concept.” Daehyun commented. He thought it was pretty immoral and lame.

 

“That’s because you don’t understand music...and passion.”

 

“I know what passion is!”

 

“Racing car?” Taehyung guessed and received a smirk from Daehyun. He absolutely knew Daehyun liked speedy and risky kind of things. That was why he understood very well why his auntie Jaejoong was very worried about his daring youngest son. He loved to do what other people were afraid to do.

 

“We’re leaving at two.” Daehyun stated after silence engulfed them for a while. Taehyung nodded his head. They quietly continued to munch on their lunch prepared by Jongup. They were just heavenly delicious.

 

Daehyun and Taehyung actually needed to fetch up their aunt and cousin who were coming back from spending their holiday in New York at Incheon Airport. Their uncle, Kim Sunggyu was not able to pick them up due to the emergency operation that he suddenly needed to perform. So, the latter asked Daehyun who he thought was quite available at the moment. And the young man called Taehyung to join him too, so that was why the idol came to Daehyun’s apartment.

 

“Young master, your tomato juice.” Jongup said as he gently put down the glass. Taehyung suddenly remembered something upon seeing Jongup’s face.

 

“Oh! Jongup-ah. Don’t you recognize me?” Taehyung curiously asked. Well, he was an idol and people around their age should probably know about him, right? His group was one of the top bands in music industry.

 

“Er…I’m sorry. H-Have we met before?” Jongup carefully asked. Daehyun snickered when he heard that innocent question while Taehyung already made his almost-cry-face.

 

“You don’t know me?” Taehyung pouted cutely and Jongup blinked his eyes in confusion. That was his first time seeing Taehyung and did not the other remember how he reacted earlier upon seeing his scary face with all those tattoos on his skin?

 

“Have you heard about BTS? Bangtan Boys?” Taehyung eagerly asked which Jongup responded by shaking his head slowly. Daehyun silently laughed at them before he quickly gobbled down his tomato juice. What—this is the most tasty tomato juice I’ve ever drink. How—wait! Urgh, stop what you’re doing, Daehyun. Daehyun mentally stopped himself from complimenting his maid and he accidentally put down the glass on the table rather harshly that it emitted a thud sound. Taehyung and Jongup turned to look at him. Shock was written all over their face.

 

“I’ll just be in my room.” Daehyun immediately excused himself. He did not want to listen to their boring conversation and plus, he thought he needed some good rest for his brain was suddenly not functioning right. Why would I want to compliment him again?

 

Meanwhile, Jongup who was still confused with Daehyun’s behavior was surprised when he felt someone grabbed his wrist and pulled him to sit down forcefully. Jongup stumbled on his feet and sat on Daehyun’s previous seat. He looked at Taehyung wide-eyed.

 

“You seriously don’t know me?”

 

“Err…I’m sorry, Taehyung-ss—”

 

“Na’ah, it’s Taehyung only.” Taehyung said before he continued.

 

“You know what, Jongup? I think this is the first time that I met someone who doesn’t even know who I am.” Jongup blinked his eyes for the umpteenth times because he really did not know what to response. Should I know about him? Who is he? Maybe he’s a son of someone…a president?

 

“You are…” Jongup hesitantly opened his mouth but he then found himself lost for words because really, he did not know who exactly Taehyung was.

 

“I’m a BT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter