Chapter 33

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 33: I’M SORRY FOR HURTING YOU…

Words in purple => flashback

 

CONFUSION. If that was not the right word, he did not know what was. Jongup could not fall asleep as his mind was clouded with the earlier events. He just felt like too many things happened in one night that he could not really fathom as to what was happening in his life. Jongup let a heavy sigh escaped from his parted lips for the umpteenth times. He blankly stared at the small blue box on the night stand as his mind kept replaying the earlier scenes.

 

 

Please play this music for I hope it will get you into the right mood. hehe. It is the background music in the restaurant that I personally thought fit the scene. :)

 

“Be my wife forever.”

 

Jongup’s heart skipped a beat. He did not see this coming, never in this life. He averted his eyes from looking at what he believed was an expensive ring to Daehyun’s anticipating eyes.

 

“W-Wha…” Jongup could not find his voice anymore as he trailed off.

 

“Moon Jongup…will you marry me?” Daehyun’s voice rang in his head. Jongup did not answer, he did not know how to answer in this kind of situation. This was too surreal, too absurb to be true. He leaned down to hold the young Jung’s left wrist.

 

“W-What are you d-doing, Daehyun hyung?” Jongup whispered just for the other to hear. He could feel people’s eyes on them and he wished he could vanish into thin air right at this moment. How he hated to be the center of attention. Even when they were in secluded area, it did nothing when musical instruments were slowly heard approaching their table. Jongup confusedly whipped his head to the back only to be greeted by four well-dressed good-looking men who were playing the saxophone and guitar. He could even hear the sound of piano being played at the corner of the restaurant.

 

“Jongup-ah…” Daehyun’s velvety voice broke said person’s hazy thoughts. The younger looked back at the young Jung and was greeted by the infamous dazzling smile of Jung Daehyun.

 

“I know it’s hard for you to believe me with this sudden proposal, but I need you to know that I’m really serious and that I wanna protect both of you and Gukkie because…I love you, Moon Jongup…and I love Yongguk too. From the bottom of my heart. So, please, let me take care of you both and love you forever.” Jongup could not help but feel touched with Daehyun’s honest confession. He unconsciously had his hand over his mouth and let the tears fall from his eyes again. What should I do now?

 

Daehyun reached out to wipe the tears away from Jongup’s soft cheeks while smiling. If Jongup was too carried away with this situation, he would not notice that Daehyun was still kneeling on his right knee before him with hands gingerly held the opened small box. If Jongup was not aware about his surrounding, he would not notice people who started to crane their necks to witness the sweet proposal. If Yongguk did not suddenly kicked him inside, Jongup would probably not answer Daehyun – at all. The pregnant boy nervously looked around only to regret looking at those anticipating eyes of the audience. I’m sorry Daehyun hyung…

 

“Will you let this man be your other half and Gukkie’s father, Moon Jongup?” Jongup closed his eyes for this would be like the third time his young master proposed to him. He knew he was dragging it, and he knew he should not do this. Not in the public, at least. He took a shaky breath in and fluttered his eyes open.

 

“Y-Yes…” It came out soft and short, but it was enough to cause Daehyun’s face lit up in pure happiness and release his breath that he was holding in. The young Jung quickly pulled the ring out of the box and gently took Jongup’s small hand into his. With a smile on his face, Daehyun carefully slipped the ring on Jongup’s finger, earning the crowd’s cheers and wishes. The older was happy for the ring perfectly fit the pregnant boy’s finger.

 

“Thank you so much, Jongup-ah.” The older kissed the back of said person’s hand. The expectant mother could not feel any guiltier than he already was. He did not believe in his own voice, so he just slightly nodded and faked a smile.

 

The ride to Daehyun’s apartment was filled with romantic songs from the radio. Jongup was too occupied with deep thoughts that he did not ever care about the songs played…about Daehyun who could not stop smiling while driving away. The younger blankly looked out of the window and let his still cold hand be in the older’s hold.

 

Upon entering the apartment, Jongup suddenly did not know what to do. He instantly got nervous and felt his heart was about to jump out of its cage. He knew he should not do this, but on second thought, he needed the other to know his true feeling. He did not want to deceive the other any longer. He felt truly bad.

 

“Dae-Daehyun hyung…” Jongup called out as he slowly turned his body, to face Daehyun who was standing behind him.

 

“Yes, baby.” It came out so naturally, as if the term of endearment Daehyun was using was an every day word for Jongup. The latter could not feel more suffocated with the older’s affection. As much as he wanted to deny it, he blushed and causing the young master’s heart to skip a beat for the umpteenth times. Daehyun was all smiling and Jongup was feeling bad for he might be the reason for the smile to falter.

 

“C-Can I ask you something?” Jongup hesitantly asked. Daehyun beamed as he gingerly held Jongup’s hand and led them to the living room. They sat next to each other, with Daehyun facing Jongup’s side profile. The young Jung wanted to give his all attention on his loved one.

 

“I actually waited for you to say something after the…proposal. I’m glad that you finally have something to ask.” Daehyun could not help but release a relief sigh. He was worried because Jongup said nothing after he proposed the latter. Even in the car he was so quiet and if he was not holding the younger’s hand, he would probably feel that he was driving alone. Perhaps he was waiting for the right time to ask. Daehyun mentally smiled at his own thought.

 

Silence.

 

Though it was only a few seconds passed, they could not help but feel anxious by the deafening silence.

 

“Why…why me?” Jongup curiously asked. He looked up from staring at his hands on the lap. Daehyun was seen to put his hand on his chin, as if he was thinking hard for an answer though he was actually teasing the younger. He hummed a bit before he spoke.

 

“Why you? Hmmm… I don’t know.” The young Jung simply replied. Jongup’s face was unreadable and the older could not help but chuckle.

 

“I’m sorry, I was teasing you I thought you would be mad.” Daehyun stopped. He leaned closer and took Jongup’s hands in his. The younger tried to pry away, but Daehyun took that as the other was feeling shy. He knew he could be over affectionate with his loved one and silently hoped that Jongup would feel comfortable with his affection. Tightening the holding hands, Daehyun took a deep breath in before he continued.

 

“It’s because…it’s you, Jongup-ah. It’s just you. I don’t know when it all started, but I’m falling for you. And I keep falling for you again and again every day.” Daehyun brought Jongup’s hand to his chest, close to his heart. The latter widened his eyes, not believing what he and his young master, or fiancé if he were to follow the right term, were doing.

 

“This heart, baby…I can’t control it when it’s beating fast like this whenever you’re near me. Heck, it even skips a beat just by hearing your name.” Daehyun sheepishly laughed as he avoided Jongup’s eyes. He felt embarrassed for being like this, he never did it before. Not even with the person he dated before. He was not a man who would say what he was feeling or thinking, but a certain person named Moon Jongup changed him. Hie ears unintentionally turned redder now. The hell am I doing??

 

“At first, I was frustrated when all I could think of was you. I did not like this feeling, it suffocated me enough that I had to handle this uncontrollable heart too. I tried to be cold towards you and even made you cried, which I thought could satisfy me but no. I know I was selfish the moment you broke up with that ‘good for nothing’ guy. But I felt like the happiest person ever living on Earth when I should be sorry for your misery. And then you have Yonggukkie. I promised myself to always protect you both and make you mine.” Daehyun briefly explained, leaving the part when he was jealous of Taehyung being close to Jongup. He avoided mentioning any other names because it was all about Jongup and him only. No one else mattered.

 

Jongup took a shaky breath in. He could not believe he was hearing such an honest confession, not after what had happen to his life. He bit his bottom lips as to hold back the tears that threatening to fall from his beautiful eyes. He felt his heart clenched hard, he was feeling bad for he did not feel anything for the other, or so he thought he was. Jung Daehyun was too perfect for him. He did not deserve this, he could not be the other’s life partner. What am I going to do now?

 

“I-I don’t t-think your family will ac—” before Jongup could finish his sentence, Daehyun was fast to speak again.

 

“Believe me, darling…They all are happy that I’m into you and can’t wait for you to be part of our family.” The pregnant boy was dumfounded. He kept quiet as he tried to absorb the new information. So others already knew about this, about Daehyun hyung liking me. Am I that blind and insensitive? Jongup tried to keep a straight face but he failed miserably. The young Jung who had been adoring th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter