Chapter 26

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 26: PROMISE ME YOU'LL DO THAT, SWEETHEART?

 

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows when his body was turned to head towards living room instead of kitchen. The very one thing he wanted to do at the moment was to soothe his throat and stomach, preferably with a glass of warm water but this sudden change of path made him stop from advancing. Daehyun, who had his arm around the shorter’s shoulders, had his steps halted too.

 

“W-Why? Feeling sick again?” Daehyun asked out of worry and concern. Jongup instantly shook his head.

 

“No, water…” Jongup said as he turned around, in attempt to go to the kitchen. However, his move was stopped by Daehyun and if he was not in the position to respect the older, he would probably end up glaring at his young master. Why was he restricted from moving around?

 

“I’ll get it for you. You just need to rest and… rest.” As Daehyun was saying those words, he gently led Jongup to the living room again. The pregnant boy internally huffed as he followed the older’s steps. Heechul cooed as he held his hand out before Jongup. The latter smiled bashfully as he grabbed the hand and sat next to Heechul. The elder caressed Jongup’s hair lovingly.

 

“Aww, poor boy. You must be feeling really sick. How are you now? Better?” Jongup nodded his head.

 

“I’m gonna get him water.” Said Daehyun and was about to go when Heechul spoke.

 

“Bring over a few packets of crackers. Uppie would probably need that too.”

 

“Okay, I’m on it. Anything else?” Daehyun expected that his grandma would have other tips on his mind in order to lessen the nauseous feeling Jongup was having, given the fact that he was the oldest and had the most experience among them. However, he was caught off guard when the maid opened his mouth and hesitantly requested something.

 

“C-Can I h-have pickles too…Dae-Daehyun hyung?” Jongup uttered in a cute way which he did not even realize he was doing and almost forgot to address Daehyun correctly. He wanted to eat said food so bad and if he could really go grab it himself, he would have done that before. Heechul already fell into a laughing fit while Daehyun could not help but grin happily. Jongup was so cute he just wanted to squeeze the smaller in his hold.

 

“Go get him what he wants, Dae. Aigoo, are you always this cute, Uppie-ah?” Heechul cooed as he pinched said person’s cheek. Jongup unconsciously scrunched his face up oh-so-cutely as he blushed upon hearing the compliment. Daehyun quickly left his spot for having trouble to control his heart again.

 

"My great grandchild is craving for pickles in the morning. Now tell me dear, what do you wanna have for lunch? I’m being generous today, so I’ll cook anything for you.” Heechul offered, smiling warmly. Jongup could not help but feel very overwhelmed with the attention and care that he received from his employer’s family members. Did maid always get this kind of good treatment from their master? Jongup slowly shook his head.

 

“It’s okay, grandma. I don’t wanna trouble you. And I supposedly go to Mom’s bakery as today is Sunday.” The pregnant boy made a reasonable excuse. Heechul hummed as he nodded his head.

 

“Ah, I can’t let this go.” The elder suddenly shook his head before he reached for his phone on the coffee table. Jongup gave a questioning look at the other. What could not let go? The maid’s mind silently wondered as he looked at Heechul who was browsing through his recent call log.

 

“Here is your water…and pickles with some crackers.” Daehyun came back with a tray in hand. He then put it in front of Jongup and sat on the sofa across from the both of them. Jongup’s eyes sparkled in delight. He almost drooled when he saw the sight before him.

 

“Thanks, Daehyun hyung.”Jongup excitedly thanked the older. He was fast to grab the glass and sipped it slowly. He then reached for the pickles and ate it like it was the most delicious food he ever tasted. Daehyun smiled contentedly as he stared in daze when he saw Jongup was eating well and that he did not stutter at all when addressing him.

 

“Soo-ah, mom is at Dae’s apartment. Can I have Jongup today?” Heechul spoke, surprising the other two. Daehyun who was silently watching Jongup averted his gaze when he saw the latter stopped munching on his pickles as he eyed the elder.

 

“Yes, I already met him and that’s why I’d like to spend time with him.” Heechul turned his head and smiled at Jongup who was looking at him. His hand reached to pat Jongup’s stiff hand to reassure the younger that everything was okay and under control. The pregnant boy returned with his angelic smile, and Daehyun was caught off guard upon seeing the sight before him. It had been a while since the last time he saw such a genuine and beautiful smile of Jongup; that reached his ears. It looked like the maid was really happy with the thought of spending his weekend with his grandma Heechul.

 

“Well, I’m planning to cook something special for him. Like I did for you, your Jaejoong hyung, Taeminnie, Baekhyunnie, and Youngjae when you guys were pregnant before.” Jongup’s jaw was slightly opened, shocked after hearing that statement. Why would a person like Heechul offered to cook for him who was just a maid? Were Jungs and Kims really this kind to their maids? Well, he could tell they were but Daehyun… maybe he was too but he was not showing it to public.

 

Haish, why did I suddenly think of him? Jongup averted his gaze but quickly casted his eyes down when they met with Daehyun’s. He instantly became uncomfortable for being under his young master’s gaze. Since when was he being observed by the older? Jongup pretended like he was listening to Heechul’s phone conversation while awkwardly stuffing pickles into his mouth. Luckily he had pickles to save him!

 

“Okay, see you later.” Heechul ended the call.

 

“G-Grandma…” Something clicked on his mind that made Jongup started but stopped midsentence when Heechul turned his head to look at him.

 

“Yes, honey…what is it?”

 

“Uh…I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Jongup continued, in a low tone. Heechul frowned.

 

“Why?”

 

Jongup looked up and made eye contact with Daehyun again. He swallowed his saliva down in nervous when he was being stared hard by the young Jung who decided to put his straight face on at the moment. Now that he thought about it, he knew the reason why Daehyun was not looking pleased, or so he thought the latter was. The latter did not like the fact that his grandmother cooked for his maid, did he? Realization really hit Jongup hard. How could he not notice this before? How could he so comfortably sat with Heechul and even requested his very own young master to take things for him?

 

“Uh…I’m s-sorry…” Jongup immediately said as he stood up. Heechul and Daehyun were dumbfounded.

 

“Uppie, why are you apologizing suddenly?”

 

“I-I shouldn’t be sitting here. I was the one who should ask you of what do you want to eat, not the other way round. You’re the guest, and you’re Dae-Daehyun hyung’s grandmother.” Answered Jongup. Silence filled the atmosphere before it was broken by the other two’s laughter. Is he scared of me? Daehyun thought, silly grin was still plastered on his face.

 

“Aigoo, Uppie…sit back.” Heechul said as he gently pulled said person to sit on his previous spot again. He internally shook his head. I thought when someone is pregnant, only their mood swings…did not know it will make someone gets more confused. Or was it insecure? Heechul looked into Daehyun’s direction and could only shake his head.

 

“Let today be your special day, okay? I’m going to go travel again, so I’d probably not be able to see you soon. So, tell me what are you craving now?” Heechul softly calmed the boy down. Jongup bit his bottom lips as he contemplated whether he should tell the elder or decline the offer. His eyes unknowingly landed on Daehyun again.

 

“Tell grandma what you wanna eat, Jongup.” As if on cue, Daehyun spoke flatly. Heechul could only roll his eyes. When would Daehyun learn how to really express what he was feeling by words, and not actions?

 

“I really want to eat m-meat, grandma.” Jongup hesitantly told.

 

“Meat? I know what to cook for you!” Heechul nodded his head and pulled his sleeve up to his elbows. He was planning to start early because according to his own secret recipe, the meat needed to be really tender and he was sure Jongup was going to love that.

 

“Grandma!” Jongup reached for Heechul’s wrist when the older was getting up from the sofa.

 

“We don’t have meat.” He continued and the elder was dumbfounded. He was all excited to cook for his grandson’s beloved one only to know that they did not have meat. He immediately glared at Daehyun.

 

“Jung Daehyun!”

 

“Princess!”

 

Heechul exclaimed at the same time as Taehyung skipped into the living room, looking all fresh with no perfume and only body wash scent on him. The idol was surprised to see his grandmother was under the same roof too! Why did he not notice of the elder’s presence before?

 

“Grandma!” He excitedly ran towards Heechul and hugged him.

 

“Now only you see me, huh?” Heechul slapped Taehyung’s hard and the idol groaned in pain. Nevertheless, his grandmother returned the hug and they swayed from left to right a few times before they pulled away.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re still in other country?” Taehyung casually plopped down next to Jongup, too close to Daehyun’s liking. Heechul put his hands on his hips as he eyed each one of the youngsters. He stared at Daehyun who was glaring dagger at Taehyung who did not even care about his cousin and fixed his eyes on the smiling Jongup.

 

“How do I smell now? Can you stand it?” Taehyung said, whisper-like, and Heechul almost facepalmed with this grandson too. I didn’t misheard when he asked about me before, right? Tsk, Jongup is too precious for both of them. I need to save that poor boy instead of these ungrateful grandsons. He cleared his throat and and was about to utter something when Taehyung suddenly decided to talk again.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you can’t stand perfume. You were okay before this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter