Chapter 38

I Said I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 38: I ALREADY HAD MY PAINKILLER

 

“Yes.”

 

That one word was enough to make Daehyun’s heart explode in pure grateful. Jongup gradually opened his heart for someone else, and he was glad that he was the one who got the chance to enter the younger’s heart. He brought the latter’s hand to his lips and kissed it sweetly.

 

“Thank you so much, love.”

 

Jongup bit his bottom lip and averted his gaze afterward, not knowing what to do when he was being stared by his now official boyfriend. That term alone was making his blood rush to all of his body parts, indirectly making his heart beat faster. This kind of feeling… Jongup took a deep breath in to shake the thought off.

 

“Let’s go to bed now.”

 

Jongup blinked.

 

“W-What? B-Bed?”

 

“Yes, it’s—” Daehyun cut his words off when he realized something. Does he think that I was asking for that? The young Jung immediately noticed that Jongup was looking all flustered and something clicked on his mind. Well, he was actually telling Jongup to go to sleep as it was almost midnight but the pregnant boy interpreted something else, something that Daehyun did not mean at all. Hence, here was another chance for him to tease the younger again.

 

Daehyun cleared his throat and sent a flirty smile to the unexpected Jongup. He playfully caressed the back of Jongup’s hand with his thumb, sending shiver up to the younger’s spine.

 

“Well… since we’re official now…”

 

The young Jung whispered seductively while staring deeply into the boy’s eyes, causing Jongup to gape in disbelief. The latter honestly did not see this coming and it caught him off his guard when Daehyun suddenly stood up. The older wanted to help Jongup who instantly resisted his assistance.

 

“W-Wait…no, it’s—”

 

“Please, baby…it’s time already.”

 

Jongup felt anger slowly built inside of him. This was not what he was expecting from the other. He – accepting the older to be his boyfriend – did not include an exclusive pass where Daehyun could force him to do something much more intimate. True, they were now boyfriends but that did not mean he had to give everything to the older. He was not ready, his heart was not ready. And he thought Daehyun understood his intention earlier, but he guessed he was wrong then.

 

“No.” Jongup firmly stated his rejection. To make it more obvious, he swatted Daehyun’s hand away, shocking the standing man on a new level.

 

“I’m not expecting you to behave like this at all. I thought you understand of what I’ve been going through all this while. Do you think it’s easy for me to open my heart again? Do you think my decision of accepting you gives you permission to do whatever you like to me?” Jongup poured his dissatisfaction, amusing the older to no end. Daehyun could tell it was Jongup’s raging hormones that acted up. He wanted to laugh but at the same time, he was scared if he hurt the ever sensitive boyfriend of his for teasing him like that.

 

“I’m—sorry…but—” The young Jung wanted to correct the other but Jongup was fast to cut his words off.

 

“I can’t accept this. This is too much.” The pregnant boy avoided making eye contact with Daehyun and sighed heavily. The latter could not stand this anymore, he felt sorry for doing this to his precious baby. You’ve misunderstood me since the beginning. Aigoo, why so cute?

 

“Is it too much to ask you to go to sleep now for it’s already midnight?” That sentence came together with Daehyun’s infamous puppy look that only his family had seen it.

 

Jongup widened his eyes and tried to swallow the lump in his throat. He tried to comprehend the situation and not even a second passed, he could feel blood rushed to his whole face. He quickly held the dating book up to his face, blocking the older’s view of him and mentally scolded himself for misinterpreting Daehyun’s words. Why are you so stupid, Jongup? How could you even think about that? Ahhh, this is really embarrassing!! This mouth, brain and hormones…haish, why am I not being rational at this moment?

 

“Why are you covering your face?” Daehyun held back his laughter that was almost escaped from his lips. Jongup was really cute this time! Where did the ever daring Jongup who casually put his head on Daehyun’s shoulder go to? How he wished he could squish the younger in his arms tightly. He wanted to pull the book away but Jongup was quick to resist and make an escape.

 

“It-It’s already midnight, and-and you’re right, we should go to sleep now. Good night, hyung.” With that, Jongup strode to his bedroom as fast as his body could move him, leaving Daehyun who was having trouble to suppress his laughter.

 

“Idiot Jongup.” The pregnant boy scolded himself as he opened his own bedroom door. He really hoped the ground could make a path for him to bury deep inside because of this very humiliating incident. What more when he knew Daehyun could definitely get what he was thinking. Ahhh, what a shameful thing I’ve done. What should I do now?~ Jongup wailed sadly in his mind.

 

One second after…

 

“Omo!” Jongup was startled when his door was pushed from outside when he was closing it. He turned to the back only to receive a quick peck on his forehead. A gasp escaped from his lips as he looked at the person before him, wide-eyed.

 

“Well, you can expect that from me every day and night. It’s not too much for a start, isn’t it?” Daehyun nonchalantly said. A teasing smile was plastered on his handsome face, causing Jongup to be more flustered than he already was. The younger was too stunned to utter a single word.

 

“Good night, angel.” With a wink, the gentleman made his way to his room, leaving Jongup alone in front of his bedroom door, silently whining to himself. He knocked his head with the book in regret while closing the door.

 

It was almost 2 o’clock in the morning, yet the pregnant boy did not even drift off to his dreamland. As much as he tried to deny that he was curious and excited at the same time, he could not help but patiently wait for the older to sneakily enter his room like he usually did every other night. Listening to Daehyun speaking so fatherly toward his unborn baby in him was like a lullaby. He could easily fall asleep after that. Was he bewitched by the charming young Jung or was he slowly falling for the older?

 

“Mommy is still feeling embarrassed about what happened just now with daddy, Gukkie. How should I face him after this?”

 

“Should I cover my face with this pillow? Like this?” Jongup demonstrated his pose even though Yongguk could not see him.

 

The sound of door knob turning and door creaking open stopped Jongup from continuing his conversation with Yongguk. the pillow beneath his head, and tightening the other pillow that he hugged close to his chest (more like to cover half of his face), Jongup closed his eyes and waited for Daehyun to greet Yongguk for their secret meeting.

 

“Hello, my son. We meet again tonight.”

 

 

“Angel, why are you calling me Daehyun hyung?” A pout was visibly seen on Daehyun’s handsome face. He watched as the younger diligently tied a necktie for him. It was already a routine for the both of them since months ago, so Jongup was able to do it skillfully in less than two minutes. Although Daehyun was still on his leave from work (which he requested since a week ago due to the accident he was involved in), but something urgent came up and he needed to attend the meeting that afternoon.

 

“Huh? That’s because you’re older than me.” Jongup casually reply, oblivious of the meaning behind Daehyun’s words. He silently asked the older to lower his head a bit so that he could put the tie on him. The young Jung complied before speaking again.

 

“No, that’s not what I mean. I’m your boyfriend since 12 hours ago.” Jongup did not reply as he pretended to be busy fixing the tie on Daehyun. Though he looked calm physically, his heart was racing madly in his chest because he knew where this conversation was leading him to. Are we progressing well? Or is this too rush?

 

“Done! You have to go now or else, you’ll be late.” Jongup quickly ushered Daehyun who obviously was not happy with the current situation. The young Jung suddenly kneeled down, surprising the unexpected pregnant boy.

 

“Hyung, wha—”

 

“Gukkie, Daddy is not happy. Mommy does not want to give me a nickname. How can he call me the way he calls Uncle Himchan and Uncle Kyungsoo? He’s not being fair to daddy, right Gukkie?” Daehyun playfully glared at the now gaping Jongup. Where was this coming from? Where did the ever serious Jung Daehyun go to?

 

Daehyun averted his gaze and to Jongup’s surprise, the older put his ear against his bulging tummy.

 

“Oh? What did you say, Gukkie? Mommy is unfair? I know right? I call him Angel, Baby and Love but he only calls me Daehyun HYUNG. Hmm? It’s okay, sweetheart. Daddy is strong. I will survive. I have you, so yeah…” Jongup found his voice stuck in his throat upon hearing those words. He clutched the side of his shirt as he continued listening to his boyfriend’s complaint.

 

“I’m going to work, be good to Mommy, okay? Love you, Gukkie.” With that being said, Daehyun casually planted a kiss on the baby bump before standing up. He gave a brief smile to the speechless Jongup before making his way out of his bedroom. Jongup sunk his teeth on his bottom lip as he quietly followed the older to the front. Alth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter